Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

PS3 System Software Update (v4.30) coming Oct. 23

This is a discussion on PS3 System Software Update (v4.30) coming Oct. 23 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by prarpin I could care less about this update. They didn't make the XMB run any faster, therefore, ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    I could care less about this update. They didn't make the XMB run any faster, therefore, the update was just a 10 minute inconvenience. No biggie. Hopefully, they'll work on making the XMB faster with the next update.
    this x 10000000 They made it slower

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 4 - Silver

UHHHhhh.......... hate that Singstar icon it brings back so many bad memories when the game was actually released for the ps3 in 2007.
    They better move it to the video/service tab or atleast let us be able to throw it into a folder on the XMB, Itīs unacceptable to make us get an icon that maybe 3% of all the people who have ps3 actually might enjoy it while 97% are super pissed, they must have been smoking some real green shit when they accepted to put the Singstar application into the Game tab.

PRO Member

Just updated and also got the new Store, wich I haven't check out yet, but I don't like where the trophies are located now

PRO Member

System updated all seems fine and great so far but i hear a friend in my friend list that it ruined his ps3 so careful there

No Game No Life

XMB seems a bit slower

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Rangers F.C

Not much of a update
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 8 - Gold

The Singstar icon is annoying. Also, the trophy collection under PSN seems out of place.

Death to zombies!!

Just went to look at my trophies while playing a game and found out it now has to sync before you can see them, never did that before and takes ages to come out of trophies and go back to the game

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 5 - Silver

Is it just me or does just going to check your trophies now take forever?

PRO Member

Man ... I didn't like the sound of this update before I downloaded it ... now that I have downloaded it ... I [email protected]#&!%G hate it -__-
    Made the XMB even slower (Yay just what I needed Sony) the trophy tab being moved (minor problem, but still) and of course ... Singstar under my gametab instead of my trophy collection ... why in gods name was this crap added to the XMB? I mean the only time im ever gonna check that out is gonna be if I accidentally hit when trying to launch my game or something :/

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Just went to look at my trophies while playing a game and found out it now has to sync before you can see them, never did that before and takes ages to come out of trophies and go back to the game
    I used to have to do this the odd time before the update, is it making you do it everytime now?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    The Singstar icon is annoying. Also, the trophy collection under PSN seems out of place.
    I also feel this way but it' just because we're used to the original location, it seems to make more sense having it under the PSN tab.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Not much of a update
    Not much of an update at all, if you own a vita then it's some what of an alright update but otherwise... meh

Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    Man ... I didn't like the sound of this update before I downloaded it ... now that I have downloaded it ... I [email protected]#&!%G hate it -__-
    Made the XMB even slower (Yay just what I needed Sony) the trophy tab being moved (minor problem, but still) and of course ... Singstar under my gametab instead of my trophy collection ... why in gods name was this crap added to the XMB? I mean the only time im ever gonna check that out is gonna be if I accidentally hit when trying to launch my game or something :/
    My XMB seems to be running at about the same speed as it was before, hopefully that works out for you lol the thing is slow enough as it is, quite frustrating sometimes.

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by drunkdog306 View Post
    I used to have to do this the odd time before the update, is it making you do it everytime now?
    Yep every time, i never had to sync if i was playing a game while looking at my trophy list only if i looked at my profile

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 5 - Silver

God damn it!!! That Singstar crap can't even be removed? Wtf, Sony??

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Yep every time, i never had to sync if i was playing a game while looking at my trophy list only if i looked at my profile
    Oh man this is so annoying

Lvl 6 - Silver

Relating the trophies that you need to wait, press triangle and select offline mode
    It will go back to how it used to be but I dunno if the Vita trophies will still show

An old-fashioned cowboy

Other than experiencing lag while viewing my trophies while signed in I haven't experienced any other problems. Also where is this Singstar icon located cause I don't see in my XMB.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Other than experiencing lag while viewing my trophies while signed in I haven't experienced any other problems. Also where is this Singstar icon located cause I don't see in my XMB.
    It's in the game section

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    You can't see it because it's for the UK, EU and AU/NZ region.

PPS bar made byRaveNScythE18
    Sig and Avy made by Bladia

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    It's in the game section
    Yeah it's not there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    You can't see it because it's for the UK, EU and AU/NZ region.
    And that explains why.

Cipher sent us to hell

Honestly I feel that the pure offline viewing of trophies is actually faster than it was pre-update. It will take some time to adjust to the trophies not being under games anymore. I will be content with this update as long as I can:

A. Have it remember my selection of "Offline Mode" (which I prefer to call HDD mode) for trophies.
    B. If my first request is granted then I want PS+ to still be able to grab the trophies off my HDD and upload those during the automatic nightly update I have scheduled.

I'd prefer them to have an option to manually Sync all trophies and to manually sync just new trophies. If I was writing the code for this function, I would have the system check the HDD to see if a trophy was there already when the . If so, it would be flagged as "Uploaded". If it was not, it would be flagged as "New". Only the new ones should be sent to the server by default and I would allocate idle system resources (if available) to checking the server to ensure it is fully in sync with the HDD.

Obviously i'm not aware of the entire structure and limitations of doing this but I feel like this all or nothing system causes a lot of frustration for gamers overall.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast