Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

PS3 System Software Update (v4.30) coming Oct. 23

This is a discussion on PS3 System Software Update (v4.30) coming Oct. 23 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'll try the offline option because man I hate what they've done...

PRO Member

I'll try the offline option because man I hate what they've done

Lvl 4 - Silver

what the fuck is this heap of shit!!!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It didn't make much of a difference for me. There's no singstar icon for me and I instantly switched my trophies to offline mode. No harm really. The move seemed pointless but the Vita option is great.

To Be Announced

Did anybody's sound stop working after the update? All my XMB sounds were fine, then I signed into the PSN, got the update, and now NONE of my sounds work, INCLUDING when I try playing a game. It has literally become mute. I've turned it off, I've unplugged the power and the HDMI cable, etc., etc. and nothing's fixing it... what the fuck?
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Cipher sent us to hell

I hope this update was not rushed out to ensure they plug up the recent authentication key leak for the PS3.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

PRO Member

Installed the update last night. I wish they didn't move it, but the trophies load up from the XMB much faster for me (especially when I switch it to offline). Didn't try checking it from within a game though, and didn't play a game after I installed it either.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

PRO Member

I've put my trophy list on Offline mode. It loads much faster. I switch it to Online when I want to sync. Checking your trophy list in-game using online mode is incredibly slow.

Synthwave <3

I'm happy with the update. So glad they finally added Vita trophies to the PS3 so we can see them. I don't mind the new location of the trophy collection since it's still 2 moves (to the right now instead of up). The only thing I didn't like at first was when we tried to look at the trophy collection while listening to music and it stopped the music. Fortunately, if you turn it to offline mode it will let the music keep playing!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I downloaded this last night and turned the trophy thing to offline immdeiately as it took forever to load. I also haven't experienced any issues either like some have said in other threads and like some others have said, even though these things can't affect the Ps3, I was still scared shitless about downloading lol but it's all been fine.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

I've been keeping my trophy list in offline mode. However, I just realized that in this mode, my trophies won't group by core game/add-on. The option is there for it, but it won't group them. When I switch to online mode, they are grouped fine.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567