Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

PS3 System Software Update (v4.30) coming Oct. 23

This is a discussion on PS3 System Software Update (v4.30) coming Oct. 23 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Next Tuesday, October 23rd, we will be releasing a new system software update for PlayStation 3 (version 4.30). With this ...

On the edge

PS3 System Software Update (v4.30) coming Oct. 23

Next Tuesday, October 23rd, we will be releasing a new system software update for PlayStation 3 (version 4.30). With this update we have made several changes to how Trophies are displayed on your PlayStation 3. The Trophy Collection will now reside under PlayStation Network on the XMB. Trophies that you have earned playing PlayStation Vita games are now displayed on your PlayStation 3. You will also be able to see your Trophy level and progress towards the next level while viewing your trophy collection.

By the beginning of November 2012, we will retire the services available through the Life with PlayStation application. In conjunction with its retirement, we will stop offering the Life with PlayStation application to new users with the 4.30 update. This includes the conclusion of our participation with Stanford University’s [email protected], a distributed computing project aimed at understanding protein folding, misfolding and studying the causes of a variety of diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s as well as various cancers.
    We’d like to thank the more than 15 million users that have participated in the program since it started on PS3 in 2007. PS3 users have donated in total more than 100 million computation hours to the [email protected] project to date, and as a result, contributed greatly to Stanford University’s Alzheimer ’s disease research. Considering the contribution PS3 has made to the project, we decided to retire it as a result of discussions with Stanford University.
    Vijay Pande, [email protected] research lead at Stanford University, had this to say about your contributions:
    “The PS3 system was a game changer for [email protected], as it opened the door for new methods and new processors, eventually also leading to the use of GPUs. We have had numerous successes in recent years. Specifically, in a paper just published in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, we report on tests of predictions from earlier [email protected] simulations, and how these predictions have led to a new strategy to fight Alzheimer’s disease. The next steps, now underway at Stanford, are to take this lead compound and help push it towards a viable drug. It’s too early to report on our preliminary results there, but I’m very excited that the directions set out in this paper do appear to be bearing fruit in terms of a viable drug (not just a drug candidate).”
    Source: Playstation Blog

Retired...

Finally. Who even used that crappy Life with PlayStation thing anyway? I can’t wait for the 4.30 update for the trophy improvements though.

Thanks for the heads up.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 4 - Silver

It's about friggin' time they merged the PS3 and Vita trophy lists.

Click here for my platinum checklist
    and trophy guides

No Game No Life

Finally I'll get to see Vita trophies on the PS3.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yes! Finally being able to display my vita trophies along with my PS3!

Deathless Destroyer

The only updates there are the removal of Playstation Life (which I never downloaded), the inclusion of your Trophy Level without needing to check your profile/online, and Vita. Should be a worthwhile firmware update.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I love useful system updates

An old-fashioned cowboy

Don't have a Vita myself but this seems like the best software update the PS3 has gotten in awhile.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Finally. Who even used that crappy Life with PlayStation thing anyway? I can’t wait for the 4.30 update for the trophy improvements though.

Thanks for the heads up.
    A ton of people, including myself. And I'm sad to see it go. Means I'm gonna have to do it on my PC now, which won't be much help to anyone :/.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

The only sane person here

Can't wait for this bad boy of a update

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

i just hope this improvement doesnt slow down the xmb even more than it is already
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

40oz to freedom

Ohh heelll yeah Bout damn time I get to see my vita plats on my ps3

NSFW

It looks neat enough... I guess. But I just want that "Jupiter Odyssey" game.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Negator

So, not only are they moving my fucking trophies, but they're also removing the [email protected] app? Guess this update wouldn't be completely useless if I tossed money down the drain to purchase a Vita.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Resident PHD

While I am happy that Vita is finally getting added in, it won't really matter if it still takes an hour to view your friend's trophies. I would rather just come to this site to see my friend's trophies where it loads in seconds.

Also moving my trophy list to the network tab is stupid. Sometimes I will pause the game to check the trophy list out and for that I just have to move up a couple of spots. Now I have to scroll over to the network settings? I know that isn't a big deal, but it wouldn't be a big deal to just leave it where it is.

So I am not opposed to this update, but there really isn't anything here that has me jumping for joy.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Hope is a great improvement but seems great so far

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    While I am happy that Vita is finally getting added in, it won't really matter if it still takes an hour to view your friend's trophies. I would rather just come to this site to see my friend's trophies where it loads in seconds.

Also moving my trophy list to the network tab is stupid. Sometimes I will pause the game to check the trophy list out and for that I just have to move up a couple of spots. Now I have to scroll over to the network settings? I know that isn't a big deal, but it wouldn't be a big deal to just leave it where it is.

So I am not opposed to this update, but there really isn't anything here that has me jumping for joy.
    Actually nothing is being moved, only added. Under your trophy collection in the "Game" section of XMB will be your trophy level and percentage supposedly as well.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Like Mayus says, why move it? But that's superficial anyway.

Now if they gave us an option to delete 0% games, or perhaps even games with <5 trophies or some other arbitrary number, THAT would really impress me.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post

Thanks for the heads up.
    I use it a lot. And, I'll miss being able to see what's going on in other parts of the world.

PRO Member

It's ok I guess, but I don't have a Vita and I like where my trophies are now so... The should include the option of removing games from your trophy list

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast