Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would you like to see the Move on next gen , or scrapped ?

This is a discussion on Would you like to see the Move on next gen , or scrapped ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I enjoyed the move on Killzone 3 and if I am honest have never used it on anything else other ...

Rangers F.C

Would you like to see the Move on next gen , or scrapped ?

I enjoyed the move on Killzone 3 and if I am honest have never used it on anything else other than a five minute test , I don't know if I want rid of it or not what about you guys ?

Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

I have yet to try it out and I don't think I will, because it reminds me of the Wii too much; which I have tried with my younger cousins.

Wii pretty much started this whole level of motion controllers and it seems like PS was playing catch-up with the release of the move.

I understand that all the main platforms have some sort of motion controllers in some respect, but I never really bought into the hype.

In my opinion, I think it should be scrapped.

PS has so much more going for it than having to compete with these other platforms for motion. I'd say focus on the 3D aspect instead.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 8 - Gold

i would scrap it,sony wasted a shit ton of money on this thing.

Lvl 6 - Silver

It was a great idea that got little support, and there for doomed from the beginning. I love mine and would suggest its use, over the controller for inFamous 2 any day.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Death to zombies!!

I have it and have used it for a few games but i feel i have to be in the right mood for it. Which isnt very often, i would just rather sit back and game

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Mini Ninja

I've never owned/played with the Move. I can see its usefulness for gamers who love shooters, but other than that, I don't see it having any other advantages over the regular controller. I'd say scrap it for the next gen and focus on something else.

PRO Member

I have it and enjoy it when there are games for it, which isn't often. I preferred the Move playing Heavy Rain and it was pretty fun in Sorcery. However, other games like inFamous: FoB, I absolutely hated it... I wouldn't mind seeing it next gen if they would actually make some more games worth playing.

Rangers F.C

Sounds like not many people are bothered with it one way or another , scrap it Sony

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

If they keep the current setup then yes, keep it for next gen, it's a neat addition.

The only things i liked about Killzone 3 were the 3D and Move Gun, improved the game in my book, Heavy Rain wasn't bad with the Move controls and i enjoyed Sports Champions immensely.

As an additional feature to games it could be sustained well, if headsets come into play then it would be better for some games than an actual controller.

Still, sit down, play in the dark, drink my beer kinda games will always serve as a large chunk of my playing time but i will always go for a bit of variety now and again.

The Temple of the King

I don't have a use for it. I agree, scrap it.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Change is mediocre

Scrapped, unless they can get some bigger titles to develop for it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't see a reason to get rid of it.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by LogLog1919 View Post
    I don't see a reason to get rid of it.
    Your right the tech already there to scrap it would be selfish to people that enjoy it , would like to see better use of it

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    If they keep the current setup then yes, keep it for next gen, it's a neat addition.

The only things i liked about Killzone 3 were the 3D and Move Gun, improved the game in my book, Heavy Rain wasn't bad with the Move controls and i enjoyed Sports Champions immensely.

As an additional feature to games it could be sustained well, if headsets come into play then it would be better for some games than an actual controller.

Still, sit down, play in the dark, drink my beer kinda games will always serve as a large chunk of my playing time but i will always go for a bit of variety now and again.
    Using it as a headset would be cool and could free up the right stick for more controls

Legalize it...

It doesnt matter to me. I only use the Move with certain things like bowling/golf and short HOTD style arcade shooters, and most the time Im drunk while playing those lol. I just like to just play a game normally. Same goes with the Vita and its touch features. Its not bad, but sometimes I wish I could turn it off and just play and not have to worry about it. I say do away with all these gimmicks. In a few years when PS4 comes out just give me a Dual Shock 4 and Im happy. No Wii U style controller, no heating up controller etc. Just keep it simple...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    Wii pretty much started this whole level of motion controllers and it seems like PS was playing catch-up with the release of the move.
    Motion control has been around for about 20+ years, it's just that I guess the Wii was actually doing it the right way. I don't want to get up and sweat my balls off in 30 minutes. I wanna relax and game for a few hours. Give me a controller over motion control any day.

Kiwi Defender

Nah, I'm not interested in it and I probably never will, but either way, it'll be there. They already invested enough on it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Angel of Death

I say keep it. It's pretty cool, and I'll buy one later after all these new games are out, like games between Assassin's Creed III and Bioshock Infinite.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I've never really been interested in the Move tbh. It's never made me think "yeah, i want that" but wether thats due to the fact that I've had a Wii for so long or due to the fact that it just doesn't look appealing or doesn't appeal to me, I honestly can't say, probably because I've never tried the Move and tbh once again, I'm not really arsed about it either way. So wether it stays or goes wouldn't affect me really.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

I haven't used the Move as much as I had hoped to, but I think that's mainly due to the lack of titles. I say keep it, and have the controllers themselves be interchangeable between the PS3 & PS4. The PS Eye can be upgraded if they wish. The motion controls are much more accurate than they are on the Wii, and its presence can help diversify Sony's market to appeal to more casual gamers.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast