Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Do you think the most Platinum Trophies = The best gamers ?

This is a discussion on Do you think the most Platinum Trophies = The best gamers ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Having a high amount of impressive plats and a low amount of whorish plats....

Threat

Having a high amount of impressive plats and a low amount of whorish plats.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

PRO Member

Plats/trophies mean nothing. They could remove the feature and I'd be up in arms for all of zero seconds. I'm simply a hoarder, and my object of obsession is digital 1's and 0's in a remote database.

I more or less use it as a log of what I've done and experienced gaming wise for myself, and if someone else wants to judge me by them, go for it.

The only time I question someone's character or intent is when they're on this site constantly, yet don't appear to have any interest in trophy collecting.

Regional Manager of War

Not really that would be ludicrous

Legalize it...

Nope. If they have a lot of hard plats from different genres then sure. I get trophies cause its fun for me. If the game looks fun Ill play it, and if I get a plat out of it then thats awesome. If not, thats cool too...

Prayer Warrior

just because you have a lot of plats rather they be hard ones or not does NOT mean you are a great gamer. people hack plats and break games to get plats. i seriously doubt that people with a lot of plats have gotten them all legit without breaking a game. that's just not possible. i have a great friend who could give a shit about trophies and has zero plats but is one of the best gamers i know. he plays games like they are intended to be played and has won several local gaming comps. that's my 2 cents.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    No. People could play all the difficult games ever, but maybe it took them a long time to get it. Or maybe they just put it off for a while and didn't feel like playing the game at the time. I don't believe in respecting a person on their trophies, rather their personality.

I earn these things because it's fun for ME.

Sure, it's nice when someone congratulates you though, but I don't think that because you have these s and not those, you're a better gamer.
    ^^ perfect answer.

Lvl 6 - Silver

well as everyone said before PSN Lv and trophies just show how dedicated a gamer is to his PS3 imo if i wanted to see if another person is an elite gamer or not i just look up his trophy list and see in common games if he has a plat that i haven't got then he is good for me an elite gamer is someone who is good at fighting games, Gamers with those Plats earn my respect !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Closing this account

Pretty much what daftprophet said towards the issue. There's alot of people that only play certain games but if you talk about another genre of games they don't play because they feel it is beneath them, how does that makes them the best gamer if they don't try for in all different types of games? A person can have the rarest but is a complete arse, I can't respect that person or call him the best.

Local Drunk

What Daft and Jay said.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

Gamers who put an real effort to reach a high récord in the leaderbords without cheats

Rangers F.C

Why do they hack in the fist place ? I don't see the point I have seen profiles with 500 platinums and never think its for real cause I have only ever played 99 games on PS3 and only have 27 out of that many and I have played since day one , so would think it was impossible to reach that level
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Banned

Speaking of hacks... I was actually surprised to see some games that are being hacked... and what's surprising is that they come on to forums like this and load there shit platinums... Motorstorm Pacific Rift... MK vs DC Universe... Demons Souls... SF IV ... Dead Rising 2...

... at first glance you think ... wow that guy has some tough platinums... but really they are just shit... I like playing for fun... and in the past played some games I may not have, because of trophies, but you kind of grow out of that thing... so really, platinums don't mean much... it's fun to compare with other legit gamers because you understand the grind it took to get a particular one... but I don't see anyone above or below me...

... hell, my proudest achievement in my games is 100% on Trash Panic... no platinum to show for that.

PRO Member

Hack a plat!?!?!? For real, it's like jail break but for PS3 trophies.

The best gamer would be a well rounded gamer, someone who's played for some time and not just on 1 platform but all and understands the games and appreciates the grind.

Again, they need to be humble, not arrogant pricks!

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Angel of Death

Not entirely. I could have the plat for NGS2, but that doesn't mean I'm a great gamer if that's my only hard plat. Plus you have to take into account consoles other than the PS3. No one can track if you've beaten a game like Battletoads or not except you.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I guess by the difficulty of the platinums achieived. But I do not understand why there is even a category for elite gamers. I play for fun and the enjoyment of the games that I play. So I guess I am not an elite gamer. Oh well, I have fun playing none the less.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    Hack a plat!?!?!? For real, it's like jail break but for PS3 trophies.

The best gamer would be a well rounded gamer, someone who's played for some time and not just on 1 platform but all and understands the games and appreciates the grind.

Again, they need to be humble, not arrogant pricks!
    So many good quotes in this thread. First, the always awesome Daft put it perfectly. Then, one of our newest editions to the community nails one of my pet peeves that can apply to quite a few on this site. Awesome.

PS - User011010....epic nerdy PSN name...along with an epic avi. Damn rep button doesn't have rapid fire!

Harvester of Souls

Most definitely not lol. Certain types of platinums, in a way yeah.. but different games will appeal and are easier to different types of gamers. . So if you have a lot of legit earned platinums, wide variety of games and lots of harder or difficult games, then yeah that could mean a better gamer sometimes. But Doesn't necessarily have to be that way .

Nice post and question though. Interesting.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

You weak azz niggs

No. They're the most scumbag gamers though The higher trophy levels generally are played by several people on those accounts anyway. I have friends that are real good in games, but don't necessarily care about trophies. I consider myself a well-rounded gamer. I play games I like, not caring about the "difficulty" of the plats themselves. Generally, if you spend enough time to commit on a game, you'll eventually plat it, if desired. It's just that naturally people will be faster in certain stuff and vice versa.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I play a lot of fighters and a lot of the people who had plats of said fighters weren't very good. It just means someone's dedicated is all.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Most amount of platinums = Most amount of free time.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast