Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Do you think the most Platinum Trophies = The best gamers ?

This is a discussion on Do you think the most Platinum Trophies = The best gamers ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; To me when i see a person's trophy level really high i always wonder if they were hacked or if ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

To me when i see a person's trophy level really high i always wonder if they were hacked or if they had other people helping with there trophy level. Hell maybe that person has no life.

For me i consider myself a elite gamer, been gaming since the age of 5 or 6 and im bout to turn 29....I have a few respectful platinum's and i have had this account close to 4yrs.

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I think it's like Jack says. You see someones account with a stupid amount of plats and you may assume they hack or whatever but of course there are good honest gamers out there. Yeah sure I want plats and i have fun getting them, well, most of the time anyway and it's just a number at the end of the day but to some people who have earned plats honestly and what not, that number could mean a lot to them. It's took me a few years to get where I'm at now and I'm more than happy with what I have.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-_-Krauser__ View Post
    To me when i see a person's trophy level really high i always wonder if they were hacked or if they had other people helping with there trophy level. Hell maybe that person has no life.

For me i consider myself a elite gamer, been gaming since the age of 5 or 6 and im bout to turn 29....I have a few respectful platinum's and i have had this account close to 4yrs.

~~Krauser~~
    Every time I see Hakoom's trophy list, I think to myself "no way", but then I think maybe it's his job... Which is a badass job!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

You can beat the shit out of 100's of games, it doesn't make you an 'Elite' gamer, it just means you have the time and funds to do so, nothing wrong with that of course, i've been there myself.
    I'd love to be able to play as much as i did 2001-2005 when i had enough money, cheap gaming shops and i was single with free weekends but time has moved on, does that mean i'm less of a gamer than someone who has all the trophies? Nope i did my completionist stage back then before trophies, because i wanted to see more out of sheer wonder, no one i knew played games as much as i did. now every buggering secret in a game is out there before you scratch the surface of it and we can all see how much of a game everyone else finished.
    I like aspects of trophy hunting, it's fun and adds extra challenge if you want it but it also brings out the worst in people, people who get stressy because they can't delete their 0% trophy cards, people who are really several people just to get a high spot on the Plat lists, people who avoid or dislike quality games because the trophies are 'unfair' or ' too annoying', these are as depressing as talking to people who call themselves hardcore gamers because they play 7000 hours of COD and FIFA a year.

Phew, sorry for boring you people, it's just one of those things that bugs me.

Well okay, not one then.

Fight the Future

I couldn't care less how many trophies someone has, it doesn't matter at all. What makes a gamer great, to me, is someone who plays games purely for enjoyment rather than someone who forces themselves to play games they hate simply to get a trophy. I have much more respect for the person who has played 200 games with no platinums but has enjoyed the hell out of every single one of them, rather than the guy with 200 platinum trophies he had to force himself to play.

Games are meant to be enjoyed. If you play something you aren't enjoying, you're not doing it right.

Sinner and Saint

I think that if someone(not a team of someones) has a lot of plats and none are hacked and there's a good mix of rare, difficult, genres, etc in there it's hard to argue against their skill. I don't think that's the only way to gauge a gamer or anything but for the majority of games the trophies cover every aspect of a game. Once you have the plat you've completely conquered the game. And this is just how I look at it. Now there's a lot more to being a skilled gamer than just trophies but for someone to have like 100+ plats, they're definitely a good gamer and to say otherwise would just be foolish.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I vote that you don't even try to classify "elite". That creates the idea that there is somehow a hierarchy of people within a hobby. That gives rise to the "ha ha. You noob. I have a better KDR/trophy collection/etc than you so I can be a racist, sexist jackass to you because you are SUCH a massive loser." sort of mentality. Not everyone has it, but it's definitely prevalent enough that we don't need to foster it any more than it is.

That being said, I do admit to using my trophy collection as a self validation after particularly bad mp matches when some random stranger is screaming at me or sending me "you loser, you suck and you should die" sorts of messages via PSN. It makes it ten times easier to ignore those people when I can look at my little list of accomplishments and say "I may not be great, but I'm good enough."

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by schnarff77 View Post
    I vote that you don't even try to classify "elite". That creates the idea that there is somehow a hierarchy of people within a hobby. That gives rise to the "ha ha. You noob. I have a better KDR/trophy collection/etc than you so I can be a racist, sexist jackass to you because you are SUCH a massive loser." sort of mentality. Not everyone has it, but it's definitely prevalent enough that we don't need to foster it any more than it is.

That being said, I do admit to using my trophy collection as a self validation after particularly bad mp matches when some random stranger is screaming at me or sending me "you loser, you suck and you should die" sorts of messages via PSN. It makes it ten times easier to ignore those people when I can look at my little list of accomplishments and say "I may not be great, but I'm good enough."
    I keep reading about people getting abuse from other gamers on-line lol but I have never had any ever , I have only ever been complemented
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 7 - Gold

No. Take a look at what games make the count so high. When you see Terminator and Disney games, I feel a little embarrassed for them.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wouldn't consider myself as a Elite Gamer in multiplayer but i'm not bad either i just like hunting trophies and plats, of course some of em are very easy like Cars Race O Rama. But i have a few rare and hard ones too and i know that when it comes to hard platinums then i will never give up trying to achieve it. I got almost every game to 100% so that's gotta count for something.

For me an Elite Gamer is someone who can kick some serious ass in multiplayer!

Deathless Destroyer

I don't really care about trophy level, percentage etc. I only check my trophies (or other people's trophies) to find out what they play and how close they are to platinum-ing the game (rarely).

Quote Originally Posted by DIMENSIONCRASHER
    For me an Elite Gamer is someone who can kick some serious ass in multiplayer
    The multiplayer factor is only to find out how good they are when playing with/against other people.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 9 - Gold

Having a greater number of platinums does not in any way make you a superior gamer.

If person A has platted Madagascar, UP, CSI, Hannah Montana, Cars 2 and Spare Parts, and person B has platted Warhawk, then person B is clearly the better gamer.

If person C has platted MGS4, COD MW2 and RDR, and chooses to spend their time playing only these games (online or off), and if person D has played 100 different games to some extent but never fully finished any of them, then person C is arguably the better gamer.

One's gaming ability is not determined by how many titles one is able to complete or platinum.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can't say wether having a load of plats make you a better gamer or not, it depends on the situation. If you look at a few of the "top" positions on the playstation network, you'll notice they have hacked trophies, they are a team of people, or just jailbreak a lot (I noticed one finished White Knight Chronicles 2 in less than an hour). Personally I play whatever games I like or whatevers in the clearance bin at Target (hey a decent game for $10 why not). Some games I play may be "easy" or "kiddie" games but hey I like some of them and its good to take a break from a stressful game once in a while. I say I'm a decent gamer as I started out with the original NES in 1985 and have played since then. Am I great at every game? Not at all. Best gamers are subjective as well considering you could be awesome at COD or Battlefield, but then lousy at Need for Speed or something, while another person is great at NFS but can't shoot to save their life in COD. Does that make them a better gamer than the other? Not really, just means they are better at the game than the other person. I look at peoples list as kinda an inspiration and go "oh awesome they finished that game" or "damn how insane, they finished the challenges on Mortal Kombat vs DC".
    Haven't updated anything on here since the site went down a year ago with the new servers so lost all my friends and post counts and everything looking to help and get help with games and trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...checklist.html My Trophy checklist

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123