Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony Staff can go to Hell!

This is a discussion on Sony Staff can go to Hell! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was playing Yakuza dead souls today when my mate got on said he finally got his copy of re6 ...

PRO Member

Sony Staff can go to Hell!

I was playing Yakuza dead souls today when my mate got on said he finally got his copy of re6 and we decided to do some co op. I changed games and seeing yakuza isnt a online game I wasnt online..I logged in and get this updat 4.30 so i do it next min my disc aint reponding and I cant sync trophys..I ring sony tell them whats wrong and they call me a liar and that it must be the disc . So i change disc and put Yakuza back in..same thing nothing..again he says try another disc so i tried BFBC2 nothing then he goes well if you want it fixed it will cost $120 ..I'm like wtf your update ruined my system and I have to pay for it..he goes on and says the update cant ruin systems when i know for a fact it can it's done it to one of my rl best mates and a fellow online friend..again he caled me a liar and asked would I like it fixed I told him to stick it and that either I'll buy a new one or take my business else where..depending how I feel when I wake up tomorrow morning this could be the end of this Dr's Trophy hunting ..I treated that staff member with respect and he treats me like a dog..ah hell no am I putting up with that..if anyone else has problems with the new update let me know in this thread.

Kid, not loser

Sucks to hear man. I say call them again in hopes of talking to someone else, or ask for a higher up to talk to. Some customer service people really are there just to "do their job", while some others are actually willing to help.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

illegal in 9 countries

Calm down dude. I find it very hard to believe he actually called you a "liar".

He would have been following a procedure to identify the most likely cause of the problem. Even more likely, he's in the right and you're in the wrong, so approach the problem logically.

Chances are it has nothing to do with the OFW update and it's purely coincidental. What you're describing is a hardware issue, most likely the Blu-Ray drive.

Only two minor incremental updates have ever been rolled out in OFW history linked to a hardware issue - 3.41-2 and 3.56-2 which both fixed HDD ugprade bugs.

Was there an error code when you couldn't sync trophies?
    Were there any other error codes?
    Did you try rebooting your router?
    Does the system just sit there with the clockface rotating in the top-right corner with a Blu-Ray in the drive?
    Do PSN games work, but not Blu-Rays?

Start from there and search Google for the error codes or for similar symptoms. If it does prove to be a firmware issue, other folks will report the same problem. Wait a couple of days and see if a hotfix pops up.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 10-24-2012 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Two hotfixes, not one. Details above.

MK Plat = Overrated

Can't you format the system? I'm sure that'll fix it. If you can back-up your save files, you'll be in business. Try it out if your PS3 is still on the fritz later.

Twitch.tv/liljayr4

shit your scaring the shit out of me!

Crocodile Hunter

but seriously, if he was really that rude you should get the callers reference number as they always record it and get him in trouble

Sig by Apokolypz

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Sounds like the Blu Ray drive to me, it happened to my old PS3 pretty much as you describe it. I'm going with unfortunate coincidence on this one.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

He would have been following a procedure to identify the most likely cause of the problem. Even more likely, he's in the right and you're in the wrong, so approach the problem logically.

Chances are it has nothing to do with the OFW update and it's purely coincidental. What you're describing is a hardware issue, most likely the Blu-Ray drive.

Only one minor incremental update has ever been rolled out in OFW history that has been linked to a hardware issue. If it does prove to be a firmware issue, wait a couple of days and see if a hotfix pops up.

Start from there and search Google for the error codes.
    It cant be the blu ray drive it's a brand new system.

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Can't you format the system? I'm sure that'll fix it. If you can back-up your save files, you'll be in business. Try it out if your PS3 is still on the fritz later.
    hmm guess I'll try that 14hrs though guess its either anime watching or the 360 tonight then..no ps3 damn!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Tech support are generally vague because it's difficult to do any specific diagnosing over the phone... and maybe the tech support just had an angry customer before you, so you ended up taking the flak. So maybe you should focus on trying to diagnose the problem rather than let 1 person ruin your day.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    It cant be the blu ray drive it's a brand new system.
    It could be a dud lens. It happens. I bought a brand new PS3 and the first disc I inserted failed to read.

If it's brand new and has a serious problem like this, take it back under warranty and get the unit replaced by the
    retailer.

New consoles have a 12 month warranty. If it's out of warranty, then obviously, it's not brand new and could easily be the Blu-Ray lens.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Tough luck, but it could be a coincidence. My old PS3's Blu Ray drive died while I was installing a game and I never had issues with it before then. If you got an error while syncing trophies google it and see what comes up. I hope you get it sorted out.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I just got the update about an hour ago, and synced my trophies no problem. Can finally view my Vita trophies on my PS3. So happy...

No issues that I've noticed, though I haven't booted up any games yet. But that situation seems really odd, as I've never had any problems with updates... ever.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

Only two minor incremental updates have ever been rolled out in OFW history linked to a hardware issue - 3.41-2 and 3.56-2 which both fixed HDD ugprade bugs.

Does the system just sit there with the clockface rotating in the top-right corner with a Blu-Ray in the drive?
    Do PSN games work, but not Blu-Rays?

Start from there and search Google for the error codes or for similar symptoms. If it does prove to be a firmware issue, other folks will report the same problem. Wait a couple of days and see if a hotfix pops up.
    The Force is strong with this one
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Rangers F.C

Put it in your micro-wave at a very low heat for 10 seconds

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Put it in your micro-wave at a very low heat for 10 seconds
    Just in case ...........................Nobody follow above instructions

Lvl 4 - Silver

Guys, did anyone of you tried the new Update ? Now am officially scared

Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiq View Post
    Guys, did anyone of you tried the new Update ? Now am officially scared
    Not had the option to yet , when is it out in the 51st state

Ice Cream Firefighter

I had something very similar happen to my very first PS3.

I bought the console off my mate for $200 (2009) worked brilliantly, than I decided to hook it up to the net & told me I had to download the update to play, so I done just that. I downloaded the patch but when installing it, it got to 67% & froze. So I thought turn it off & on thinking it might have gotten rid of the download but NO NO NO it automatically went straight back to the install screen & froze at the same spot in the install. I rang Sony and they asked if I downloaded it properly & blamed me for what happened & wanted $400 to fix it, oh & I had to send it to them for 3 months.

I said screw that & bought the PS3 that I have now but have always been wary of downloading the updates but it never happened again. Thank God.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 6 - Silver

same thing happened to me with my first ps3... it happened RIGHT after a firmware update... they claimed the same shit... I called bullshit and got hung up on... so I sent hate mail to corporate and they fixed my ps3 for free... can't hurt

Lvl 4 - Silver

Dude you scared me, I've downloaded the update, Installed it, and everything works fine .
    I thought am gonna .

Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast