Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

21 Games that are begging to become movies

This is a discussion on 21 Games that are begging to become movies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; You forgot Splatterhouse! I would love to see a Splatterhouse movie, Castlevania ( this may be better to be a ...

All out of bubblegum.....

You forgot Splatterhouse!

I would love to see a Splatterhouse movie, Castlevania ( this may be better to be a series, either live action or animated), Mega Man, and Golden Axe ( even though Golden Axe is kinda Conan/Beastmaster type fodder).
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Saints Row IV

I am dying for a God of War,Metroid,Zelda,Starfox and BIOSHOCK movie
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Mario would be awesome. Maybe Danny DeVito as Mario? If this guy is still alive...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Gotta admit, I agree that most of these deserve films, but I can't say I agree with most of your choices for actors. But as for Nathan Fillion playing Nathan Drake? - How the fuck did this even become a viable option for people to go to? Fillion's a fat old man, Drake needs some one younger to play him. And I stand by it should be Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice) and if they got that, they would even have Sully by Bruce Campbell. They have a great dynamic going on BN, and in an Uncharted film, the chemistry would be there..

Toggle Spoiler

Long as they release a decent Metal Gear Solid film, a decent God Of War (series?), and a decent remake of Resident Evil, I'd be happy.

And if they have released Battleship (and a HUNGRY FUCKING HIPPOS film is in the works?!) as a film, Conker's Bad Fur Day doesn't sound like such a bad idea lol.

Also, I wanna see a Legacy Of Kain Series, a Ninja Gaiden film and a Crash/Spyro film. The last two could have a kinda Monsters Inc feel to 'em and they could be cool.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    Mario would be awesome. Maybe Danny DeVito as Mario? If this guy is still alive...
    Wasn't there an old Mario movie with Bob Hoskins as Mario? I can't quite remember or I'm making it up lol. Anyways, I'd love a God of War movie and there are 1 or 2 other good candidates in here aswell but an Assassins Creed movie would go down an absolute storm with me and a few of my friends.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Gears of War would be awesome!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Gothams Silent Protector

Zelda movie would never happen as its going to never make expectations, and really, think about it it just wouldnt work.

Bioshock would have to be made exceptionally well.

MGS I would love to see Nolan take this on personally.

The rest I wouldnt really ever see as movies.

Gaming since 1985!

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Wasn't there an old Mario movie with Bob Hoskins as Mario? I can't quite remember or I'm making it up lol. Anyways, I'd love a God of War movie and there are 1 or 2 other good candidates in here aswell but an Assassins Creed movie would go down an absolute storm with me and a few of my friends.
    Yup, Super Mario Bros with Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo as Mario Mario and Luigi Mario. I was so pumped for this as a kid and was extremely let down. If they had the budget, Bioshock would hands down be the best movie for years to come. Please make this happen.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Yup there was and it is impossible to find anymore. I think Nintendo put a ban on it and the Wizard because they were so embarrassed about them (Bob Hoskins actually apologized for the film)

If you want to see it here it is on Youtube

Super Mario Brothers: The Movie [Full Length] [3D] - YouTube

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Metal Gear Solid doesn't really have a storyline, I don't know why everyone thinks it'll work as a movie...

Uncharted would've been amazing, but now that it has been shelved, I think it is for the best, as I have a feeling the general public will label it an Indiana Jones rip-off. And yes, I am in the Nathan Fillion camp (watch the TV show Firefly and you will know why).

Halo was in production but it all fell apart (Microsoft had a disagreement with the production company). The director ended up making a movie called District 9. On a sidenote, I played Halo ODST the other day with a friend who had an xbox, and I am so disappointed in it! I'm not sure if it was a one-off and all the other Halo games are good, but I no longer have "xbox-envy".

Oh and of course, here is the infamous Halo short "Arms Race":

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

PRO Member

Isn't GTA San Andreas essentially the movie "Juice?" I haven't seen that in a long time but I remember it being very similar.

Harvester of Souls

Alot of those, especially Bioshock, God of War, and Eternal Darkness would be fucking wicked awesome movies . I'd love to see mos of them honestly

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    Gotta admit, I agree that most of these deserve films, but I can't say I agree with most of your choices for actors. But as for Nathan Fillion playing Nathan Drake? - How the fuck did this even become a viable option for people to go to? Fillion's a fat old man, Drake needs some one younger to play him. And I stand by it should be Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice) and if they got that, they would even have Sully by Bruce Campbell. They have a great dynamic going on BN, and in an Uncharted film, the chemistry would be there..

Toggle Spoiler

I was all for Nathan Fillion as Drake if they made an Uncharted movie but now I've gotta agree with you Jeffrey Donovan as Drake and Bruce Campbell as Sully would be

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

To Be Announced

A Red Dead Redemption movie would be awesome. If done right, it could bring in general people who don't normally go see Westerns; the name brand alone would potentially bring in, for instance, younger crowds who don't really like Westerns (which we don't see a lot of anymore anyway) and show everyone what's for by kicking their asses with style.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    A Red Dead Redemption movie would be awesome. If done right, it could bring in general people who don't normally go see Westerns; the name brand alone would potentially bring in, for instance, younger crowds who don't really like Westerns (which we don't see a lot of anymore anyway) and show everyone what's for by kicking their asses with style.
    I've always thought this as i haven't seen many recent western films, i would of said max payne as a movie but after the last one they tried i dont think it would be such a good idea lol.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I know uncharted and bioshock are in production, I don't remember who is directing uncharted but I think it is bruckhiemer who is making bioshock. Uncharted is supposed to come out next year but I haven't seen anything about it for a long time. Bioshock I think is either comming out next year or the year after.

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    I've always thought this as i haven't seen many recent western films, i would of said max payne as a movie but after the last one they tried i dont think it would be such a good idea lol.
    I enjoyed Max Payne

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Max Payne 3 (not that weird max payne movie that came in 2008 or around that time with Mark W.) and Red Dead Redemption (would make a great western) should definitely be movies.

> Restart Button <

I find that most movies that are made into games and vice versa (games made into movies) lose the epicness somewhere in translation. While I would love to see any of those movie's, I'd be worried about the actual flow of the movie. Most of the time, the stories are reformated to give you an hour and a half of the same script with a woneerful happy ending just after everything goes wrong.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

-i- love myself.

I'd totally pay to go see an Uncharted or GTA movie. Another exception would be GOW.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast