New Update Causing No Sound Issues?

This is a discussion on New Update Causing No Sound Issues? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey all, So about 10-15 minutes ago I turned on my PS3, XMB sounds were normal (in-game audio had been ...

To Be Announced

New Update Causing No Sound Issues?

Hey all,

So about 10-15 minutes ago I turned on my PS3, XMB sounds were normal (in-game audio had been fine a bit earlier as well) and the signed in and downloaded/installed the new system update. So after the system update, now my start-up PS3 sound, XMB sound, and all audio in-game is mute. Nothing at all. I fired up two different games and no sound whatsoever. I unplugged the power cord, the HDMI cable, I've done the holding-the-button thing, etc., etc. and still... no sound.

Did this happen to anybody else, either with this update or a past update?

If so (or even if not, I guess) does anyone know some kind of workaround or possible reason as to why this is happening? If you're just going to say something anti-constructive, don't say it at all, because I've been able to solve issues before fairly easily and quickly where people have suggested "Oh, it's gotta be dead, then," and I have a feeling that this is probably the same. I'd appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction or offer any advice here.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

PRO Member

Did you try restoring your system. Of course making sure to back it all up first.

Angel of Death

I personally haven't run across any issues yet.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

I didn't experience this, my sound was fine. Did you check the volume settings? Maybe for some reason they got changed..
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

To Be Announced

Nevermind, I figured out what it was... of ALL things, my TV's speakers themselves decided to die at the EXACT moment I decided to update my PS3 system. I literally hooked up my TV elsewhere and no sound, it's literally busted and only a few months old. Fortunately I have a slightly bigger HDTV elsewhere that I was able to replace it with and all is back to normal in the world. The odds.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 9 - Gold

Ah, man, sorry to hear about the tv, but I'm glad it's not the update that messed it up.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted