Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Trophies on the PS3 have disappeared! Wtf

This is a discussion on Trophies on the PS3 have disappeared! Wtf within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by James_Page They're trying to "ram it down your throat" (not really) because they want to make money. ...

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    They're trying to "ram it down your throat" (not really) because they want to make money. One icon on the XMB isn't a big deal. Have you seen the ridiculous amounts of ads on the 360? That is overkill, in my opinion, and I wish Microsoft would make the dashboard more like the XMb than the mess they have now.
    Maybe a bit harsh but I am already sick of looking at it and don't know how to get rid of it , what kind of sick fuck would want to play that game anyway lol
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by JaDversary View Post
    Thing is, it was the ONLY thing written on the screen with the update screens and such. Ha, I think it's funny that someone could miss it. I at least make sure I'm not selecting something like "Would you like to delete all of your PS3 Save Data before this update?"
    Who missed it ? I never , I just never wasted my time reading it its a update and fixes stuff and changes things I will let Sony worry about the details
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Maybe a bit harsh but I am already sick of looking at it and don't know how to get rid of it , what kind of sick fuck would want to play that game anyway lol
    Ha, I thin that's a bit harsh. It's basically karaoke and there's nothing wrong with that. I asked a friend about the game since he would always be on it and said him and his girlfriend loved playing that together. It's not a game for me (I wouldn't mind trying it though) but it can't be the worst game ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Who missed it ? I never , I just never wasted my time reading it its a update and fixes stuff and changes things I will let Sony worry about the details
    If I ever have work done on my car I definitely like to hear what they got done.

My thoughts on blank requests, they're like "...flyers. When someone tries to hand me out a flyer it's kind of like just saying, Here, you throw this away." - Mitch Hedberg

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Didn't read it cause I read about it on the PS3 blog so I thought I knew what it was.

It's where the singstar icon is the problem. Couldn't have put it in a worse place.

That Southern B****

I nearlly flipped when I went to look at my trophy list and it wasn't above my game. I found it on my own but Sony's ears must have been burning for at least 15 minutes
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

thats shit scared me, i had updated the system then went to work...when i got i just started playing, got 2 trophies then wanted to upload them but it wasnt in the same spot...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaDversary View Post
    Thing is, it was the ONLY thing written on the screen with the update screens and such. Ha, I think it's funny that someone could miss it. I at least make sure I'm not selecting something like "Would you like to delete all of your PS3 Save Data before this update?"
    honestly, when i did the update, all i saw was that it was including vita trophies, i didn't see anything on there that said they were moving the trophy location.

so either it wasn't there, or it was able to be easily missed

i'm like you, i read through the update before accepting... just in case.

Lvl 5 - Silver

My trophies appear to have the same sync time, however, after synced, & with no new trophy earned, (lets say im reviewing the list on a game seeing what im trying to get next) it takes longer now to get in/out of trophy list, & back to the XMB, than game. Wonderful, thanks Vita, a 5 inch screen i'll never buy , now this update makes the simple process of viewing/reviewing your PS3 trophies longer & less time efficient. I sure am glad that SONY made this update available on my PS3 that involves something I never plan on buying (Vita).Affecting my game/usage time on my PS3 counsole, all thanks to Mr. 5 inch screen vita roski

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    My trophies appear to have the same sync time, however, after synced, & with no new trophy earned, (lets say im reviewing the list on a game seeing what im trying to get next) it takes longer now to get in/out of trophy list, & back to the XMB, than game. Wonderful, thanks Vita, a 5 inch screen i'll never buy , now this update makes the simple process of viewing/reviewing your PS3 trophies longer & less time efficient. I sure am glad that SONY made this update available on my PS3 that involves something I never plan on buying (Vita).Affecting my game/usage time on my PS3 counsole, all thanks to Mr. 5 inch screen vita roski
    I know exactly how you feel... But do you think Sony gives a fuck about what a couple of customers think? I don't want anything to do with a Vita for the simple fact of me being certain that I'll never buy a Vita... and now I'm also stuck with this Singstar shit that I can't delete or nothing.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 4 - Silver

I hate that Singstar icon so much, complain here PlayStation.Blog.Europe : Your daily fix of PlayStation news from across the SCEE region so they move it to the Video/Services or something

Lvl 5 - Silver

I hate the fact Sony moved the damn Trophy menu....I mean after all before they moved the trophies you could pull up your trophies look really fast at what you neeed to do.....Now you have to wait for your entire trophy collection to pull up before you game again SMH I want the old trophy way back. Its just like you comparing your trophies to another person's. SONY CHANGE THIS !!!!!!

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Lvl 7 - Gold

I hate, hate, HATE the move they made.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

The Playboy Wikipedia

Yeah I noticed that when I got the new update. I also got SingStar added to my system, which is weird...I've never played SingStar, and I never will. Honestly, I'm not a fan that they moved the Trophies. Eh, shit happens.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Deathless Destroyer

I haven't updated the firmware yet, but I'd like to know whether the update actually installs SingStar to your trophy collection, and/or whether you can play it, or if it's just an icon to look at. If it installs it to my system and adds to my trophy collection, I'd be as annoyed as you guys, but if it's just an icon - not so much.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-_-Krauser__ View Post
    I hate the fact Sony moved the damn Trophy menu....I mean after all before they moved the trophies you could pull up your trophies look really fast at what you neeed to do.....Now you have to wait for your entire trophy collection to pull up before you game again SMH I want the old trophy way back. Its just like you comparing your trophies to another person's. SONY CHANGE THIS !!!!!!

~~Krauser~~
    :triangle: on the Trophy Icon

[Change Mode] >> [Offline] - no more needing to sync every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    I haven't updated the firmware yet, but I'd like to know whether the update actually installs SingStar to your trophy collection, and/or whether you can play it, or if it's just an icon to look at. If it installs it to my system and adds to my trophy collection, I'd be as annoyed as you guys, but if it's just an icon - not so much.
    It's just an icon. Singstar has become an app - like HOME or the Photo Album. It doesn't add anything to your trophies unless you download and play it. It's also only available as an app in the EU at the moment - NA didn't get it.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yeah i searched for my trophies also :p Didn't find them and was already thinking something horrible went wrong with the update. But then i overlooked all tabs on the XMB and there they were my trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

The update itself listed all the changes and it clearly said the Trophy section was being moved...
    You guys should pay more attention, especially when it comes to updates.

In any case, I do find it annoying that they moved it, I could access my trophies easily when entering the XMB while playing (right above "Quit Game") to see trophies when I got them, now I have to move to the PSN bar >.>
    I just wish they added an option to see the trophies or messages right after you get them if you press the PS Button (like in 360). The inbox usually takes a while to load and if you exit a message it puts you all the way back to the message options instead of the inbox.
    Dammit Sony, get it together.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    :triangle: on the Trophy Icon

[Change Mode] >> [Offline] - no more needing to sync every time.

It's just an icon. Singstar has become an app - like HOME or the Photo Album. It doesn't add anything to your trophies unless you download and play it. It's also only available as an app in the EU at the moment - NA didn't get it.

Thank you for the information ^--^

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Deathless Destroyer

Also about the OP, maybe you never earned any trophies at all, and therefore it doesn't come up with any trophies
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 9 - Gold

I saw the information about the trophy collection being relocated quite clearly when I read the update. It was there in good old black and white, right beside the notification that the trophy list would now include Vita titles.

I don't understand why Sony decided it needed to be moved from its original (and better, IMO) location, and I did catch my breath the first couple of times that I went to check my trophies and found that they weren't where they used to be, but whatever - we'll get used to the change with time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast