Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What PS1 classics would you want brought back in an HD collection

This is a discussion on What PS1 classics would you want brought back in an HD collection within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; HD versions of PS1 games are a terrible idea, no amount of high definition sparkles are going to make Syphon ...

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

HD versions of PS1 games are a terrible idea, no amount of high definition sparkles are going to make Syphon Filter or Die Hard Trilogy look nice, you'd have to full on remake/reimagine these games and would there really be any point in that for us or for the developers?

The better PS1 games have generally been re done or live on in sequels, the rest would be expensive wastes of time that would sell a few copies but not enough to make it a profitable venture.

If you really really wanted to have trophies then the best suggestion would be start trophying up select PS1 games on PSVita, make a neat little selling point without breaking the bank.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Spyro 1,2,3.
    Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3.
    Final Fanasty VII, VIII, IX.
    Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus.
    Syphon Filter. (even though I used to call it Spoof on Hitler because I was a jackass lol)
    Resident Evil 1,2,3.
    Silent Hill. (I got lost in the hospital & gave up. I need to conquer this)
    Digimon Game. (yes I actually liked it)
    Monster Rancher (it was crap but addicting, my monsters used to run away)
    Alundra but not Alundra 2

this was before looking at the other responses after seeing them.
    Chrono Trigger how could I forget that great game
    there are others there I prob have played there but I just can't remember them.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    HD versions of PS1 games are a terrible idea, no amount of high definition sparkles are going to make Syphon Filter or Die Hard Trilogy look nice, you'd have to full on remake/reimagine these games and would there really be any point in that for us or for the developers?

The better PS1 games have generally been re done or live on in sequels, the rest would be expensive wastes of time that would sell a few copies but not enough to make it a profitable venture.

If you really really wanted to have trophies then the best suggestion would be start trophying up select PS1 games on PSVita, make a neat little selling point without breaking the bank.
    exactly. I don't know why people need the developers to make an old game look better in order to play it again.
    but you nailed it - aside from a few titles, the cost vs. profit would not be anywhere near high enough to justify over 95% of PS1 games being remade in HD.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    I don't know why people need the developers to make an old game look better in order to play it again.
    Have you played a PS1 game on a LCD 40inch TV lately? lol the pixls are so clear and huge its waaaay more difficult to play through then back on the old boxy tvs that hid alot of the pixelation. Sometimes it makes my eyes bleed. BUT having said that, i still replay my old games cause i love them

The one game i would love to see in HD would be Legend of Dragoon

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'd like to see the original Spyro trilogy done in hd, and also Final Fantasy 6-9, and Abe's Exoddus. Abe's Oddysee is all ready being remade into hd and I'm really looking forward to that.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12