good wireless router?

This is a discussion on good wireless router? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; wondering if anyone can recommend a good wireless router that isnt too expensive, we just switched to dish network and ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

good wireless router?

wondering if anyone can recommend a good wireless router that isnt too expensive, we just switched to dish network and want to take advantage of [email protected], as well as playing online games and having our computer available at the same time and the best way is to use a wireless router, i want one good enough that my online gaming wont suffer(not that i play online a lot), but isnt over $50, preferrably cheaper, thanks in advance

illegal in 9 countries

You're better off going wired for all home network connections, unless distance to the router is a problem. A wireless router will be a serious bottleneck for streaming video, particularly within your budget.

At $50 or less, you'll get a crappy Wireless N router or a half-decent Wireless G. The PS3 can only support G in any case and routers tend to downgrade to the most compatible network protocol, so N's potentially a waste.

Maybe something like this for a highly-rated router within your budget - Newegg.com - Linksys WRT54GL

Or choose your poison from the cheaper stuff - Newegg.com - Wireless Routers, Wireless Network Routers, Wireless-G Routers