Results 1 to 10 of 10

About Installing PS3 Firmware Update Version 4.30

This is a discussion on About Installing PS3 Firmware Update Version 4.30 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have decided to download the PS3 firmware update via my laptop to put on my PS3 (it is downloading ...

  1. #1
    Deathless Destroyer
    Encorporeus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oi Mate
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    46

    About Installing PS3 Firmware Update Version 4.30

    I have decided to download the PS3 firmware update via my laptop to put on my PS3 (it is downloading as I type). When I put the file in my USB Flash Drive under 'PS3' and 'UPDATE', will the PS3 when installing the update get an infinite loop download/install? I'm a bit worried about it as this is the first time I decided to install the firmware update onto a USB.

    Also another question - will renaming the update file from PS3UPDAT.PUP to something like "PS3 Firmware Update 4.30.pup" cause the PS3 to not recognise the file?

    Thanks in advance.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

    SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

    Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel



  2. #2
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    NTGSruler's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back Home!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    626
    Reputation
    8

    I'm not sure but i quess it's best to leave the name of the file as it is. Don't wanna mess with that if you don't want a looping update......

  3. #3
    Death to zombies!!
    stupot00's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    BRISTOL, UK
    Posts
    1,815
    Reputation
    199

    Ive downloaded a few updates for a friend on usb and hes never had any problems, i would suggest not changing the name of the file as it mite not find it




    Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133


    My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

  4. #4
    Deathless Destroyer
    Encorporeus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oi Mate
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    46

    Thanks for the reply, going to install it sometime today. Just finished downloading the update.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

    SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

    Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel



  5. #5
    Sic Vis Pacem Bellum
    The Secret Society's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Shinjuku
    Posts
    2,150
    Reputation
    54

    DO NOT change the name I REPEAT do not change the name
    Signature Provided By Djunglist


  6. #6
    PRO Member
    User011010's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    6th Circle
    Posts
    1,241
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    DO NOT change the name I REPEAT do not change the name
    Follow these instructions carefully...

    Also, there's been a few comments about the infinite loop update, hopefully by using the USB key instead of the internet to update, it should correct this

    Avatar by Pancake Model



    Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18




    Platinum Bar by dsluckay

  7. #7
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    1. Format USB stick as FAT32 so it's recognised by the PS3.
    2. Download the .PUP file, do not rename it.
    3. Place .PUP file in PS3 > UPDATE directory on USB stick.
    4. Run Firmware Update > Location > USB from PS3.
    5. If it fails and goes into a loop, boot into Recovery Menu and run Firmware Update.

    The only times I've been stuck in firmware loops is a result a corrupted OFW downloads. If it happens, re-download and try again.

  8. #8
    Deathless Destroyer
    Encorporeus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oi Mate
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    1. Format USB stick as FAT32 so it's recognised by the PS3.
    2. Download the .PUP file, do not rename it.
    3. Place .PUP file in PS3 > UPDATE directory on USB stick.
    4. Run Firmware Update > Location > USB from PS3.
    5. If it fails and goes into a loop, boot into Recovery Menu and run Firmware Update.

    The only times I've been stuck in firmware loops is a result a corrupted OFW downloads. If it happens, re-download and try again.
    My USB is "JetFlash Transcend 8GB Flash Drive", and it was recognised correctly by my PS3 when I installed themes in the p3t format. Does this mean it's already as FAT32?

    I downloaded the update from the Sony EU site and the file is 152MB. I placed the file from my local computer drive into my USB under PS3>UPDATE. My USB has two PS3 folders - THEME and UPDATE.

    So all I need to do now is go to "Update System Software (Firmware)" under the System tab, download from flash drive and click on 'PS3UPDAT.pup'?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

    SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

    Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel



  9. #9
    Noob Member
    kianstrike's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    195
    Reputation
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    My USB is "JetFlash Transcend 8GB Flash Drive", and it was recognised correctly by my PS3 when I installed themes in the p3t format. Does this mean it's already as FAT32?

    I downloaded the update from the Sony EU site and the file is 152MB. I placed the file from my local computer drive into my USB under PS3>UPDATE. My USB has two PS3 folders - THEME and UPDATE.

    So all I need to do now is go to "Update System Software (Firmware)" under the System tab, download from flash drive and click on 'PS3UPDAT.pup'?
    It will automatically scan your USB drive for the update once you click "via flashdrive" (will specifically scan the PS3>UPDATE folder for the *.pup file).

  10. #10
    Deathless Destroyer
    Encorporeus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oi Mate
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by kianstrike View Post
    It will automatically scan your USB drive for the update once you click "via flashdrive" (will specifically scan the PS3>UPDATE folder for the *.pup file).
    Thanks for that confirmation.

    Last night, I managed to install the update successfully, so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the tips from all who posted!
    Last edited by Encorporeus; 10-29-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: No longer need any help.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

    SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

    Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO