Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies?

This is a discussion on So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; It all matters what the individual does, and if someone has like 400 Plats in one day, obviously they are ...

Angel of Death

It all matters what the individual does, and if someone has like 400 Plats in one day, obviously they are hackers, but they'll never hve the satisfaction if hearing each 'ding'. And I just hope the online modes are fine, otherwise I quit MP on both PS3 and 360.

Rangers F.C

This site only has 40.000+ members and I am between 3000-4000 on it and there are millions of PS3 so in the actual world ranking I probably not even in the top 1.000.000 so how does that make me feel ................... nothing at all could not care less and as far as the hackers go if they enjoy doing it fuck it let them , would only care if they stole money out my account or something
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 4 - Silver

The level 0 keys were leaked....this can destroy any MP,well, it's already happening with MW3...

But, about Trophies, never cared about leaderboards.
    OBS: No one will believe in things like: 30 plats in a fuckin' single day.
    Last edited by Near-McTavish; 10-28-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: grammar
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

Lvl 7 - Gold

i dont care about leaderboards, i get the platinums for my self not to be first on a leaderboard. its a shame that the ps3 has been hacked

All out of bubblegum.....

So I'm pretty clueless when it comes to tech like this, but does this allow someone to be a total god in say MW3 or Black Ops 2, and ensure I die 20 times a deathmatch, instead of 10 times? If so, then it just makes sure I dont play those types of games for plats anymore, as I suck anyways... That kinda sucks... but if it just affects trophies, doesnt bother me at all... as long as I can still play BL 2 and get help from Stupot, Splee and DetfanATL I'm good! lol
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Meh, I don't give a shit.

Trophies were never for you, they were for me. These trophies act as a sort of journal over the years, chronicling experiences I've had across the games I've played. At the end of the day, the value of a trophy only matters to the person who earned it, so being 'higher' than me on a leaderboard wont effect me even slightly.

Also, I enjoy beating the scores of glitchers and hackers through legit means on games.
    Bravo

Deathless Destroyer

Well, I experience the satisfaction of a trophy 'ding', though hackers probably don't experience the same experience, so to speak.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    on disc dlc is no different than downloadable dlc.... I don't see what the big deal is.... if you have a reason to whine about this then you're just a fucking baby
    I'm not whining, I'm just making fun of it .

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    CFW always gets patched by sony just a matter of time
    The issue is it can't be patched. Only way to stop you, me and John Doe from being able to homebrew your PS3 is to make us all buy a new PS3 model.

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    So apart from what you've said about trophies and leaderboards, is there anything else that can be done with this?
    You can cheat on MP games like CoD and run emulators on your PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    And I just hope the online modes are fine, otherwise I quit MP on both PS3 and 360.
    Well, it was nice knowing you used to play online, because you may find a lot of cheaters now .

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    So I'm pretty clueless when it comes to tech like this, but does this allow someone to be a total god in say MW3 or Black Ops 2, and ensure I die 20 times a deathmatch, instead of 10 times? If so, then it just makes sure I dont play those types of games for plats anymore, as I suck anyways... That kinda sucks... but if it just affects trophies, doesnt bother me at all... as long as I can still play BL 2 and get help from Stupot, Splee and DetfanATL I'm good! lol
    It doesn't only affect trophies, you'll now most likely run into cheaters more often.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Meh, I don't give a shit. Trophies were never for you, they were for me. These trophies act as a sort of journal over the years, chronicling experiences I've had across the games I've played. At the end of the day, the value of a trophy only matters to the person who earned it, so being 'higher' than me on a leaderboard wont effect me even slightly.Also, I enjoy beating the scores of glitchers and hackers through legit means on games.
    I agree brother, hell I'm #1 in the world on 3 maps on DD. Not like I'm gettin pussy thrown at me because of it. Oh yea let me know if my Alch Lab score get beats by that chick scraletdoom. If she does let her know I will take it back lol

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

First off, I never knew a thing about being hacked, this is all news to me. And second, like Helyx says, I earn trophys for myself and no one else. I like to get trophys and increase my overall plat count of course, but with regards to leaderboards I'm not really fussed about it. If we all knew that the world was a nice magical place and everything was done fair and square then I may be interested but there is more chance of me running up and down my street doing Gangnam style naked before that ever happens lol

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

I agree with Helyx and John, the trophies are for me and no one else.

If somebody likes my collection all the better, but I don't collect just to show it off. I collect because I like the hunt.

I had absolutely no idea you could hack trophies. I understand glitches and boosts, but to hack sounds unnecessary.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

illegal in 9 countries

Trophy hacks are done via Game Saves using apps like Xploder, not CFW.

Only the local console trophy file has been hacked in CFW, not the PSN file needed to sync trophies online. You can pop as many trophies as you like on Rebug's XMB, but they can not be synced, that trophy file remains encrypted.

Trophies need to be popped in-game for them to register in the encrypted trophy file, just as you do on OFW. There's no tool or hack to do that on CFW, they still have to be earned legitimately if you want timestamps to look legitimate. AFAIK from researching this topic fairly extensively, CFW can't hack trophies that you see on Leaderboards, it's all done via Game Saves. You can re-sign a copy-protected Game Save on CFW to pop already hacked trophies in the save file, but that's about it. Xploder does that, you don't need CFW.

In terms of homebrew, I don't have a problem with it, as long as you're not doing it for piracy reasons. What these keys do is enable post-3.55 games to be played on CFW and for more recent OFW features to be installed (CFW has been stuck at 3.55 for years). Most games released after CFW 3.55 couldn't be ripped and played via HDD. Now they can.

I've paid for over 500 PS3 / PSN games (see my checklist) and I want to be able to self-boost MP trophies on multiple PS3s in my home, or play against my kids at some point in the future without buying two copies of a game. CFW would allow me to do that by ripping the game to one console while using the disc in the other. I haven't done it yet because until last month, Sony had managed to lock-out CFW from the PSN. The gates are open again for awhile at least, so I might give it a try.

To install any version of CFW you still need to have at most OFW 3.55 installed. That immediately rules out 99.99% of trophy hunters because we can't access the PSN unless using the latest OFW firmware version. The only way to downgrade beyond that point is to use modchips, which are tricky to install and risky to use because they can easily brick a PS3. From a trophy hunter's perspective, CFW is not worth the time nor the effort - you can't sync trophies unless on OFW, dowgrading back to CFW is risky and you can't hack trophies using CFW (you can locally, but it corrupts the trophy file and they won't sync to the PSN).

There will always be a small element of nefarious individuals fucking it up for the rest of it, but that's done using hacked Game Saves on OFW. Aside from the potential to pirate recent games, it has little to do with these keys, nor CFW in general. Cheaters could download ripped PS3 games, play on CFW to earn trophies legitimately and we'd be none the wiser, or insta-plat them using Game Saves which is obvious to all. At 5GB to 25GB per game download, is it really worth the effort to risk a PSN id block and permanent console ban just to fudge your way to the top of the leaderboards?

TLDR - these keys do open the floodgates for potential piracy of all current and future PS3 games, but only to the very small existing CFW 3.55 community, and those willing to brick their PS3 by installing modchips or risk banning both their console and PSN id.

On a far more negative note with broader implications - don't expect PS3 backwards-compatibility on PS4. This pretty much guarantees that ain't gonna happen. It *might* be possible, but they'd need to create a new verification routine to validate signed software. Whether or not it's worthwhile doing it for the entire PS3 back-catalogue is another story as it could expose similar vulnerabilities in the PS4 hardware. If it can't be done safely for all PS3 games, then BC is not worth offering on PS4.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 10-28-2012 at 06:19 PM.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    they still have to be earned legitimately if you want timestamps to look legitimate.
    actually there's a program that unlocks all trophies and stamps random timestamps on all of them to look legit. it's because of sony not auto-syncing trophies the moment they are unlocked and have to be synced manually or by ps plus.

To install any version of CFW you still need to have at most OFW 3.55 installed.
    They have downgraders already being pumped out/made that downgrades to 3.55 to upgrade to CFW 4.30.

there's one i can download right now to go back to 3.55 at anytime (it's technically a hybrid 3.55 CFW that acts like 4.21/4.30.)

good thing i have two ps3s, one for Vanilla usage and one for homebrew.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    actually there's a program that unlocks all trophies and stamps random timestamps on all of them to look legit. it's because of sony not auto-syncing trophies the moment they are unlocked and have to be synced manually or by ps plus.
    It'll still probably look fishy or obvious, though. Unless you can choose which trophies you want to pop up first, the program might "screw up" and have you unlock, say, a "Complete Chapter 2" trophy before the "Complete the First Chapter" one.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It'll still probably look fishy or obvious, though. Unless you can choose which trophies you want to pop up first, the program might "screw up" and have you unlock, say, a "Complete Chapter 2" trophy before the "Complete the First Chapter" one.
    it was what i was thinking too but maybe the program has something built into that so it's prevented

The Temple of the King

I'm not sure why people would want to hack trophies. I'm not sure who's supposed to be impressed by it. It's supposed to be a challenge to see if you can get the trophy or 100% a game.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

illegal in 9 countries

Wrong. They only work locally on your XMB. The trophies CAN NOT be synced to the PSN because the file used for trophies to sync is encrypted and untouched by the hack.

The hacked trophy file to show them on your XMB and the encrypted trophy file used to sync them to the PSN are both required to be hacked AND the trophies need to pop in-game & in real-time for it to work, giving the PSN trophy data that timestamp. Thus far, it has not been done.

Even after upgrading back to OFW to sync the trophies, only legitimately earned trophies will sync on the PSN. You can potentially have a Plat if the last trophy earned was legit, but not all trophies will show if some are hacked because they will not sync.

There are a number of apps and manual hex edit methods to ping trophies either on bulk or individually, including an in-built XMB feature in Rebug, but no-one else will ever see them. Again, they CAN NOT be synced and they corrupt the local trophy data, often meaning you can't play the game. You can however delete your local trophy data for specific games to get around that issue.

They have downgraders already being pumped out/made that downgrades to 3.55 to upgrade to CFW 4.30.
    Only hardware-based modchips like E3 Flasher work. Software-based downgrades from anything after 3.55 are scams and DO NOT work.

there's one i can download right now to go back to 3.55 at anytime (it's technically a hybrid 3.55 CFW that acts like 4.21/4.30.)
    Rogero requires you to install it from OFW 3.55. You can then downgrade between CFW versions. The ONLY way to downgrade from OFW 3.56+ is to use a hardware mod.

That Southern B****

Meh, I don't give a shit.

Trophies were never for you, they were for me. These trophies act as a sort of journal over the years, chronicling experiences I've had across the games I've played. At the end of the day, the value of a trophy only matters to the person who earned it, so being 'higher' than me on a leaderboard wont effect me even slightly.

Also, I enjoy beating the scores of glitchers and hackers through legit means on games.
    Dammit DJ. We keep agreeing on shit then I may begin to respect you

Who cares who is #1 on a leaderboard? Unless that leaderboard only contains my friends, family, and me, it's useless information and not worth my time.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Rogero requires you to install it from OFW 3.55. You can then downgrade between CFW versions. The ONLY way to downgrade from OFW 3.56+ is to use a hardware mod.
    Nope.

pm i sent you with the downgrader tells all.

illegal in 9 countries

Nope.

pm i sent you with the downgrader tells all.
    8- You need to already be on 3.55 to install this. Installing from any firmware other than 3.55 will simply not work
    I've replied and i'll state it again publically...

The ONLY way to install CFW in the first place is if you're running OFW 3.55 or earlier.
    The ONLY way to downgrade from OFW 3.56+ is to use a hardware-based downgrader.

Once CFW is installed, ONLY then can you upgrade / downgrade between CFW versions.

You can upgrade to CFW 4.30, then back down to CFW or OFW 3.55 (or earlier), but you CANNOT upgrade to OFW 4.30, then downgrade using ANY software-based firmware.

The second you upgrade to OFW 3.56+, you CANNOT downgrade again unless using a hardware mod.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast