Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies?

This is a discussion on So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; rather inconsequential really to me anyways...

PRO Member

rather inconsequential really to me anyways

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wtf did i miss?!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    Wtf did i miss?!
    Unless you're running a jailbroken PS3, nothing at all.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Meh, I don't give a shit.

Trophies were never for you, they were for me. These trophies act as a sort of journal over the years, chronicling experiences I've had across the games I've played. At the end of the day, the value of a trophy only matters to the person who earned it, so being 'higher' than me on a leaderboard wont effect me even slightly.

Also, I enjoy beating the scores of glitchers and hackers through legit means on games.
    That's exactly how I feel about trophies. I occasionally look back at past trophies and remember what I went through to get them.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 5 - Silver

I would hardly care if some asshat takes away my trophies. Why would you even want to do that? Hackers like this are dicks for the sake of being dicks if you ask me.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Lvl 9 - Gold

The only person I ever figured my trophies matter to was me. As long as no one can take away my own personal experience of accomplishing a trophy or finishing a game I really could care less what they do to their own accounts or leaderboards.
    I'll admit to a small bit of disappointment in the idea that people can just alter things as they see fit, but considering people have been hacking trophies from individual games for a few years that's been the case for a while now.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    The only leaderboard I care about anyway is our own PPS leaderboard and my standing as the first earner of DMC 3 platinum.
    Just so you know. That can be taken away now, Seeing as they can edit the trophy unlock times, Especially since you posted about it...They could just go "Hm, Not anymore!" and copy all of your trophy times with the exception of the last few and blammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    its been cracked.

permamently.

Unless you buy the brand new piece of shit super slim (it has a new set of lvl 0.2 keys) you can join the homebrew fun. Every Firmware can and will be ripped apart. Nothing is safe.

The comparison between the previous hack in april and this one is that the april keys were level 2, which was software based and can be changed. the lvl 0 Keys are Hardware based and can't be changed.

If sony bricks the old PS3s, They will have a massive lawsuit blackhole that could literally destroy the company, If they don't, Homebrew/hacker galore. it's a lose-lose situation for them.

This will also make your PS3 More valuable in the long run when it becomes a retro console.

tl;dr PSP firmware break-in 2.0
    Good to see someone else who recognizes the severity of the situtation.
    The reality of it is, Every single non super-slim PS3 that is out there can now be hacked and bans can be evaded with console Id changes.

I do believe we are overdue for the playstation 4.

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    So apart from what you've said about trophies and leaderboards, is there anything else that can be done with this?
    Piracy, Emulators, Homebrew, PSN ID faking, Hacking online games (None of the COD crap, I mean REAL hacking, Editing the games files, Creating chams / aimbots for consoles, and more), And depending on the game (Such as PlaystationHome) It could even result in users going around with modpanel access and banning PSN accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Near-McTavish View Post
    The level 0 keys were leaked....this can destroy any MP,well, it's already happening with MW3...

But, about Trophies, never cared about leaderboards.
    OBS: No one will believe in things like: 30 plats in a fuckin' single day.
    the COD MP experience isnt really ruined by hacking, Its more or less an exploit in their poorly coded savefiles / how commands are received serverside, Essentially it is like L4D, A pc port of a game with console commands on userside in multiplayer.

Hell, when L4D came out on the 360 all you had to do was plugin a USB keyboard, hold F10 and F12 and blammo, director panel was open ingame

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    So I'm pretty clueless when it comes to tech like this, but does this allow someone to be a total god in say MW3 or Black Ops 2, and ensure I die 20 times a deathmatch, instead of 10 times?
    thats far from the extent of it.

Think of this. You join a game (Any online game, Not just a shooter), Suddenly, your PS3 is frozen, Your savefile corrupt, your game needing a reinstall, your PSN id + email tied to it + IP + Address + ect are all in a simple textfile at someones home who likes to sell information on users.

Stuff like this is Very possible when it comes to editing a games contents, though the major thing is how the server handles connections, Such as if its got a dedicated host, home hosted, ect, And of course the code accepted across consoles. Its really a big base on the game. But, That would definitely be a possibility.

Its all a variable based on how controlled the online environment is.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Trophy hacks are done via Game Saves using apps like Xploder, not CFW.
    Correction, Save hacks for trophies are done using Xploder.

TROPHY hacks, Are done via CFW which allow you to unlock all trophies from any game you wish without even playing them, even so far as to simply copy and paste the userfile for someone with a few dozen platinums to your user profile, sync to server, blammo, trophies.

Editing times on trophies, Editing the trophies unlocked, And even so far as to simply unlock 100 platinums and no bronze or silver or other things. I have studied this quite extensively and know what I am talking about =P

Only the local console trophy file has been hacked in CFW, not the PSN file needed to sync trophies online. You can pop as many trophies as you like on Rebug's XMB, but they can not be synced, that trophy file remains encrypted.
    That was the case in 3.55, However as of 4.xx CFWs, Editing and syncing trophies is very much possible.

There's no tool or hack to do that on CFW
    Rip game to console > Go into games files > Edit trophy requirements > Save file > Load game > Complete one simple requirement > Done.
    This has actually been done to unlock trophies for multiple games from one PKG file. Which allows it to sync without any effort at all. Though in some cases if the game is not named / ID`d properly then it will simple show something like "12/31/1969"

they'd need to create a new verification routine to validate signed software
    There is absolutely no need for this in the PS4.
    The software signing is not the issue at hand, but the console being capable of downloading and choosing to install the files. The PSN games that currently exist can stay exactly how they are, Homebrew as well, However like with the PS3, the PS4 will not have a user option to install PKG files to the system, Meaning the software signing keys CAN be changed, it is not necessary.

PS4 updates will obviously use a different key / validation process, But the software can stay exactly like it is and PS3 games can run on it just fine.

I've replied and i'll state it again publically...

The ONLY way to install CFW in the first place is if you're running OFW 3.55 or earlier.
    The ONLY way to downgrade from OFW 3.56+ is to use a hardware-based downgrader.

Once CFW is installed, ONLY then can you upgrade / downgrade between CFW versions.

You can upgrade to CFW 4.30, then back down to CFW or OFW 3.55 (or earlier), but you CANNOT upgrade to OFW 4.30, then downgrade using ANY software-based firmware.

The second you upgrade to OFW 3.56+, you CANNOT downgrade again unless using a hardware mod.
    this is correct for now, But what you are neglecting to mention, Is that with the level 0 keys, Any firmware released from this day forward can be decrypted, Along with software signing keys, Allowing users to install a CFW without any hardware based tools.

For now the hardware based downgrades are the only way to get on a CFW 4.30, But in the Very near future when the signing method is pulled from the OFW`s and is put into a CFW, then the network will be loaded with hacked playstation 3`s.

Edit:
    As of 2 minutes ago, All software signing keys up to firmware 4.25 have been leaked. and everybody under 4.30 can jailbreak via software.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I could care less about leaderboards, I have the trophies records for myself & those that I know on PSN to see etc.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

The One and Only

I don't care for the trophy leaderboards, and I stopped caring about earning trophies lately. But I care about the trophies I do have, that I spent my glorious time, effort, pain, anger, etc. to get.

As long as my trophies are untouched by other people then I'm cool.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 7 - Gold

Personally i think this will affect the developers that produces games. It will affect their income, thus lowering the amount of games that will come for the console. As for leaderboards and stuff, i don't care. People need to learn to enjoy things and not always find ways to compete and to show off. Just enjoy your hobby and that's it.

Saints Row IV

Who cares about leaderboards!
    They are you're trophies which you earned with sweat and tears (LOL)
    Actually, if others hack and you stay legit you must be proud.You have true trophies!
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Rangers F.C

Who discovered which people had hacked there trophies it would mean looking at there trophies individually to see if times match on different trophies popping , I don't care enough to check anybody's
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Wait...so they can brick my PS3 if I go online? I'm confused...

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Wait...so they can brick my PS3 if I go online? I'm confused...
    Yeah...confused and scared. I just read AdorableNirvash's huge post and I don't know if I want to go online again

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Yeah...confused and scared. I just read AdorableNirvash's huge post and I don't know if I want to go online again
    Exactly. I agree with what DJ said as that's how I have always played my games, but if they can alter my shit I'm going to be pissed

|
    |by Smashguy |

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Nonono... They cant "Brick" a playstation 3 to my knowledge through multiplayer, However someone Would be able to take to the level of corrupting your install and your save files similar to what xbox 360 users have been experiencing for the last year or so.

Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players - The Gearbox Software Forums

Copy game to PS3 > Alter games files > Hop into multiplayer > Stuff like this happens.

This hack is for the owners to hack their own console, However hacking innocent users consoles online through multiplayer games is simply something that can come from it now. I doubt there are too many out there who wish to cause harm to others, but, Look at it this way.

It only takes one turd to ruin an entire punchbowl.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by AdorableNirvash View Post
    Nonono... They cant "Brick" a playstation 3 to my knowledge through multiplayer, However someone Would be able to take to the level of corrupting your install and your save files similar to what xbox 360 users have been experiencing for the last year or so.
    Ah okay. Thanks for clearing that up

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdorableNirvash View Post

Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players - The Gearbox Software Forums

Copy game to PS3 > Alter games files > Hop into multiplayer > Stuff like this happens.

This hack is for the owners to hack their own console, However hacking innocent users consoles online through multiplayer games is simply something that can come from it now. I doubt there are too many out there who wish to cause harm to others, but, Look at it this way.

It only takes one turd to ruin an entire punchbowl.
    Like pancake said, thanks. But the fact that the possibility exists for them to fuck with my shit freaks with my brain.

|
    |by Smashguy |

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Meh, I don't give a shit.

Trophies were never for you, they were for me. These trophies act as a sort of journal over the years, chronicling experiences I've had across the games I've played. At the end of the day, the value of a trophy only matters to the person who earned it, so being 'higher' than me on a leaderboard wont effect me even slightly.

Also, I enjoy beating the scores of glitchers and hackers through legit means on games.
    ^ Pretty much this

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Like pancake said, thanks. But the fact that the possibility exists for them to fuck with my shit freaks with my brain.
    There's nothing to worry about. Nirvash is posting speculative possibilities, there's nothing concrete to back it up...yet. That's not to say he's wrong, but it's worst case scenario territory and is unlikely to affect any of us.

We'll just have to see how this plays out and how Sony responds, if at all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast