Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies?

This is a discussion on So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s There's nothing to worry about. Nirvash is posting speculative possibilities, there's nothing concrete to back it ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    There's nothing to worry about. Nirvash is posting speculative possibilities, there's nothing concrete to back it up...yet. That's not to say he's wrong, but it's worst case scenario territory and is unlikely to affect any of us.

We'll just have to see how this plays out and how Sony responds, if at all.
    I've got to say, after reading yours and Adorable's post/replies, I think I really did underestimate the severity of this hack and what it could potentially do. I also found both of your comments interesting and helpful. If these hackers try to start something can't we just set you and Adorable on them? You guys seem to know whats going down lol

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    I've got to say, after reading yours and Adorable's post/replies, I think I really did underestimate the severity of this hack and what it could potentially do. I also found both of your comments interesting and helpful. If these hackers try to start something can't we just set you and Adorable on them? You guys seem to know whats going down lol
    All you really need to know is if you want to jailbreak your PS3 to the latest firmware version, play ripped PS3 games from HDD and access the PSN on CFW, you can...for now. That's the broadest implication of the key release. It's not without risk and frankly, isn't worthwhile if you care about your trophy card.

I admit that I don't know as much as I'd like about the potential impact of the level 0 keys, I can only go on what info is publicly available on the homebrew forums. AFAIK, trophy hacks via CFW don't sync and MP hacks like the BL2 virus are yet to hit the PS3. That may change with the development of new CFW, it's been stuck at 3.55 for a long time now, so there should be lots of scene activity in the coming months.

It's also not to say that everything Nirvash is stating is impossible, one look at the CoD hacks tells us it is, but it is improbable. If anything is likely to risk the integrity of the PSN, Sony and developers will find a way to respond.

PRO Member

I value it like other collection more trophies r good to kill time and get fun nothing +

All you really need to know is if you want to jailbreak your PS3 to the latest firmware version and play PS3 games from HDD, you can. That's the broadest implication of the key release.

I admit that I don't know as much as I'd like about the potential impact of the level 0 keys, I can only go on what info is publicly available on the homebrew forums. AFAIK, trophy hacks via CFW don't sync and MP hacks like the BL2 virus are yet to hit the PS3. That may change with the development of new CFW, it's been stuck at 3.55 for a long time now, so there should be lots of scene activity in the coming months.

It's also not to say that everything Nirvash is stating is impossible, one look at the CoD hacks tells us it is, but it is improbable. If anything is likely to risk the integrity of the PSN, Sony and developers will find a way to respond.
    I must be honest with you, i know next to sod all about technology and all this stuff which is why i find it interesting to read. But in your opinion, since PSN got shut down for a month last year, how has security improved would you say or is this just a never ending cycle that will keep happening from time to time?

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Cipher sent us to hell

I enjoy trophy hunting/collecting but at most it's just a competition with my friends. I could not care less about the leaderboards than I already do. I also like to go back through my trophies and remember my experiences with a particular game and gaining that trophy. Some good memories have been made over the years. Gives me a personal sense of accomplisment.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Apparently we should be getting a new update tonight.

Optional PS3 Firmware 4.31 Incoming - IGN

This firmware update won’t “affect online play and access to apps” and does not signal PSN maintenance. Additionally, it’s not a mandatory update, though it’s designed to “improve overall system stability” and is thus recommended by Sony.

illegal in 9 countries

I must be honest with you, i know next to sod all about technology and all this stuff which is why i find it interesting to read. But in your opinion, since PSN got shut down for a month last year, how has security improved would you say or is this just a never ending cycle that will keep happening from time to time?
    I really don't know how this will play out. We heard all of the same "the sky is falling!" stuff when the first CFW was released, but none of it eventuated.

What we do know is this has blown the lid off Sony's efforts to block PSN access to CFW, JB'ing recent firmware and preventing piracy. They all but stopped CFW progress and piracy of new games over the last year, it'll take them some time to plug the holes again. Given the amount of effort and risk involved with playing pirated games on PS3, it's not a mainstream concern as it is on PC.

Also worth noting, this is not a hack of the PSN, it's a hack of the PS3 firmware, if you CHOOSE to install it. If this does somehow affect the PSN and wider Official Firmware (OFW) user base, the worst case scenario is we could find ourselves without the PSN again, or eventually, with a subscription-only model. Like XBL, you're far less likely to mess with the PSN when you have to pay for it. That's unlikely, but a possibility for the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Apparently we should be getting a new update tonight.

[URL="http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/29/optional-ps3-firmware-431-incoming"]Optional PS3 Firmware 4.31 Incoming - IGN
    Is this update in relation to recent events with it being rolled out pretty quick? The update seems a little vague to me.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I still love my trophies, I mean, I get them for me and to show what I can do
    If you wnat to hack them, go for it, you won't be better than me ._.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Is this update in relation to recent events with it being rolled out pretty quick? The update seems a little vague to me.
    Your guess is as good as mine. It could be because of recent events...or fixing something from 4.30. Regardless, we should probably check for firmware updates tonight.

Twitch.tv/liljayr4

why are they making things so complicated.. smh at playstation sometimes..

Kiwi Defender

I'm beginning to think they won't do much.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

There's nothing to worry about. Nirvash is posting speculative possibilities, there's nothing concrete to back it up...yet. That's not to say he's wrong, but it's worst case scenario territory and is unlikely to affect any of us.

Well thanks for the info. I just know there will be "that guy"

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Well thanks for the info. I just know there will be "that guy"
    That's because "that guy" always exists .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Gothams Silent Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Meh, I don't give a shit.

Trophies were never for you, they were for me. These trophies act as a sort of journal over the years, chronicling experiences I've had across the games I've played. At the end of the day, the value of a trophy only matters to the person who earned it, so being 'higher' than me on a leaderboard wont effect me even slightly.
    This pretty much for me as well.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That's because "that guy" always exists .
    Too true. Which is why I'm worried about it...we are doomed

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The LV0 keys make it easier to bring cfw to future firmwares but this not the first time cfw has been available. I feel exactly the same as I always did.

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Wait...so they can brick my PS3 if I go online? I'm confused...
    Now that hackers are online,they will use proxy servers from they're PC to the PS3 so they can go online without sony noticing it and they're hacked PS3's.So now they can hack and sync faster than ever.Also, now they are able to hack ALL online games (ranks weapons and stuff) in 1 to 5 minutes.
    I dont think they can brick you're PS3 though.Maybe if they could make something like PS3 "Viruses"
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by xMescax View Post
    The LV0 keys make it easier to bring cfw to future firmwares but this not the first time cfw has been available. I feel exactly the same as I always did.
    The previous CFW didn't let you go online. Now with the Lvl0 keys anyone can install this bullshit.Hackers made the 3.56 Official Firmware(Which didnt let you CFW) useless.......
    The only thing we can hope is a firmware which will secure the PS3 for good and will ban all hackers (High Hopes)
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Banned

I don't feel safe anymore online when playing my PS3 games because of hackers and cheaters.This is worse on xbox live where there's alot of hackers(lost about 9 gamertag in all hacked related)

Is there a better way to protect my PS3 account or is it more secure?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast