Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 90 of 90

So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies?

This is a discussion on So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC Now that hackers are online,they will use proxy servers from they're PC to the PS3 so ...

  1. #81
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    Now that hackers are online,they will use proxy servers from they're PC to the PS3 so they can go online without sony noticing it and they're hacked PS3's.So now they can hack and sync faster than ever.Also, now they are able to hack ALL online games (ranks weapons and stuff) in 1 to 5 minutes.
    I dont think they can brick you're PS3 though.Maybe if they could make something like PS3 "Viruses"
    You're speaking out of your arse. Instead of posting "maybe's", let's try to post facts.

    As it stands right now -

    1. CFW users have had access via F*ckPSN the whole time (with the exception of a few months recently) using their PCs as proxy servers, or by simply spoofing the firmware version on PS3, so that's nothing new.
    2. you CAN'T sync CFW hacked trophies. There's zero proof, only a tonne of shit-talk from wanna-be hackers who can't cough up real evidence.
    3. you CAN'T install CFW 4.30 (or prior recent versions) using a software-only method. Your console needs to be OFW 3.55 or less to install ANY CFW.
    4. If your OFW is past 3.55, the ONLY way to downgrade is stripping down your PS3 and using a modchip.
    5. If your PS3 is series 3000 or later, or a new Super Slim, you CANNOT use CFW. Period.
    6. Hacking trophies, online ranks, weapons etc is done using a PC to edit PS3 game save files. CFW allows access to the PS3 OS files via FTP so files can be copied to and from PC to be manipulated, but that's about it.
    7. NO-ONE can brick your PS3 externally. If you screw up a CFW install, then you've potentially got a brick on your hands.

    The reality is that recent PS3 games can now be pirated for those willing to risk the CFW path and all PS3 firmware versions can now be decrypted, so CFW will have better features. That's it.

    All of this "hackers running amuck" stuff as of right now is nothing but pure speculation. No-one here can cough up a shred of real proof. If there was, it'd be all over the hacking / homebrew forums, but it's not. If anyone has anything real to contribute, let me know by PM so I can validate it. I'm only too happy to be proven wrong and eat my words.

  2. #82
    Saints Row IV
    brAvEhEaRtDC's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Okinawa,Japan
    Posts
    1,616
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    You're speaking out of your arse. Instead of posting "maybe's", let's try to post facts.

    As it stands right now -

    1. CFW users have had access via F*ckPSN the whole time (with the exception of a few months recently) using their PCs as proxy servers, or by simply spoofing the firmware version on PS3, so that's nothing new.
    2. you CAN'T sync CFW hacked trophies. There's zero proof, only a tonne of shit-talk from wanna-be hackers who can't cough up real evidence.
    3. you CAN'T install CFW 4.30 (or prior recent versions) using a software-only method. Your console needs to be OFW 3.55 or less to install ANY CFW.
    4. If your OFW is past 3.55, the ONLY way to downgrade is stripping down your PS3 and using a modchip.
    5. If your PS3 is series 3000 or later, or a new Super Slim, you CANNOT use CFW. Period.
    6. Hacking trophies, online ranks, weapons etc is done using a PC to edit PS3 game save files. CFW allows access to the PS3 OS files via FTP so files can be copied to and from PC to be manipulated, but that's about it.
    7. NO-ONE can brick your PS3 externally. If you screw up a CFW install, then you've potentially got a brick on your hands.

    The reality is that recent PS3 games can now be pirated for those willing to risk the CFW path and all PS3 firmware versions can now be decrypted, so CFW will have better features. That's it.

    All of this "hackers running amuck" stuff as of right now is nothing but pure speculation. No-one here can cough up a shred of real proof. If there was, it'd be all over the hacking / homebrew forums, but it's not. If anyone has anything real to contribute, let me know by PM so I can validate it. I'm only too happy to be proven wrong and eat my words.
    Thanks 4 this
    Guess the search i did had wrong information
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat


    Click on my Signature to check my website




  3. #83
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    Thanks 4 this
    Guess the search i did had wrong information
    Don't get me wrong, CFW has the potential for all of this doomsaying to occur by opening the doors to the PS3 OS, game saves and game data, but the reality is quite different.

    This stuff *might* happen, but there's no point setting a wolf among the sheep and scaring the bejesus out of the average PS3 gamer by spreading misinformation. CFW users have had two years to do all of the stuff we were warned about when GeoHot released the first keys, but it hasn't eventuated.

    CFW damage to the wider PS3 community is pretty much limited to game save manipulation, which can be used for god-mode, trophies, leaderboards etc. But there hasn't been much of that happening because it's obvious to all and sundry when someone gets an insta-plat or a bullshit high score (eg LBP 2). Why do it if you can't hide it?

    Game saves, some of which are clearly accessed via CFW because they're copy-protected, are responsible for hacked trophies, but they still need to pop in real-time by playing the game and fulfilling some minor requirement. It's pretty hard to do it so the timestamps aren't dead obvious - most of the hacked trophies will pop in rapid succession and not necessarily in sequence.

    Those timestamps can't be edited once the trophy has popped. There are allegations that some leaderboard hackers have managed to edit timestamps to hide their insta-plats, but again, I haven't found a shred of proof. To do it right, you basically need a separate save file for each and every trophy in a game. That's 50 or so game saves (realistically less, you just do it for the hard trophies) to download and use in the correct order etc...what a major ball-ache! It takes more effort to make hacked trophies look legit than to earn them legit.

    There's a chance that there is a small inner-circle of real trophy hackers who can mask their activities, but I seriously doubt that anyone is capable of hiding a secret of that potential magnitude. Only three guys knew about the LV0 keys, and they were dumb enough to tell someone else who broke it wide open by posting them on the web. The only reason half the murderers are behind bars is because they couldn't keep their mouth shut to save their own lives. It's human nature to tell secrets - someone would brag about it and it would leak to the web.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 10-30-2012 at 10:22 PM.

  4. #84
    Twitch.tv/liljayr4
    LilJayR4's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hidden in the PPS
    Posts
    289
    Reputation
    19

    i earn my trophies and its gunna sux and ill probably quit. all those hrs just wasted and for no reason.

  5. #85
    PRO Member
    daftprophet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,593
    Reputation
    345

    Quote Originally Posted by LilJayR4 View Post
    i earn my trophies and its gunna sux and ill probably quit. all those hrs just wasted and for no reason.
    That's not true. You still know you earned them legit






    |
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

    |Avy - Animals As Leaders|




  6. #86
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Mihalick's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    780
    Reputation
    42

    I couldn't give two shits less about what trophies some nobody on psn has. They have no bearing on the work I've put in on my games to earn my trophies.

    MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE


  7. #87
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    I agree with other people. I only care about my own trophies and I have my own personal goals related to it. It doesn't affect me if hackers hack their trophies as long as mine are legit.

  8. #88
    PRO Member
    [FnG] Unholy Eve's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    409
    Reputation
    5

    On Noezzz sum1 haxed sum trophies or summit.

    CFW sounds nifty and all that, as of now I think "meh" about it but might think otherwise in the next generation of gaming.

    Remember when we didn't have trophies/achievements or leader boards but instead we played just for fun and enjoyment.

    Ah I miss those days.

  9. #89
    PRO Member
    User011010's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    6th Circle
    Posts
    1,241
    Reputation
    79

    I knew that 13-year old kid that had 999 plats was lying!

    There is no way he could have gotten of those plats legit

    Avatar by Pancake Model



    Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18




    Platinum Bar by dsluckay

  10. #90
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    grayghost's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WAAAAAY over there
    Posts
    703
    Reputation
    31

    I've always seen trophies as an extra challenge or incentive to replay games. Take for example Mirror's Edge. That game was short. You could beat it in 12 hours or less and be like, "Yeah, this is a cool game. I'm done." Or you could look at the trophies and try to go for trophies like Pro Runner and Test of Faith. So yeah, I still value my trophies. They show that I was able to overcome the challenges set by whoever makes up the trophies. (i'm thinking developers but who knows)
    Now, regarding that long-ass post by Nirvash on page 3, that makes me want to give up on competitive multi-player games and stick to co-op games or just playing offline. I don't want some random person screwing up my PS3 and all the data I have on it.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO