Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies?

This is a discussion on So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The level0 keys were leaked, custom firmwares released, And hackers all around on the PSN now. Trophies, Leaderboard, Everything is ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

So with the recent PS3 hack. How do you value your trophies?

The level0 keys were leaked, custom firmwares released, And hackers all around on the PSN now.

Trophies, Leaderboard, Everything is vulnerable now.
    So..How do you value your trophies at the moment?

Personally I will always enjoy getting trophies, But when it comes to trophy leaderboards and ingame leaderboards, Im basicly done... Used to actually love to rank up through it all, see where i stand and even go for being the first to platinum a game..But..yeah. Kind of a stab to the foot.
    As for the whole "Sony will patch things up and the problem will be solved" Unfortunately that is not the case anymore, the level0 hardware keys have been cracked, Meaning every firmware that releases from this day forward can be decrypted and the software signing keys viewed for hackers all around.

Hate to be that guy but, Yeah...This is kind of it for the PS3....And the vita as well...
    So...Where do you stand personally in this battlefield of hackers? Love trophies? done with them? Or what?

Retired

So people actually hack trophies to get on the leaderboard? smh

That's like cheating to win in a beta of a game, just useless.

Deathless Destroyer

The OS (Operating System) of the PS3 is almost impossible to hack - only the network is a bit under-protected, so I'm pretty safe. Did a hacker hack your trophies or something?

EDIT: I don't really care if hackers hack their profile to get high up in the leaderboards, I'm happy as I am.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

MK Plat = Overrated

Think I looked at my place on the leaderboard on this site like once or twice. Don't think I've ever looked at it on the other site. I could care less how many people hack or use save files. It just makes them look stupid when somebody notices. Even if they did figure out how to mask the fact that they cheated, I still wouldn't give two shits...or half a shit for that matter.

Kiwi Defender

Never cared about the leaderboards, so I've got nothing to worry myself about, not to mention this will make the efforts of groups like the ones behind Hakoom and Duck360 much more hilarious.

If anything, the level 0 keys getting released is kind of good for me, since I always wanted an emulator or two running on my PS3 and now I can do it without worrying about losing them to play online. This will also stick it up to Capcom and their on-disc DLC, which is even funnier.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Crocodile Hunter

hacked? what have i missed

Sig by Apokolypz

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    hacked? what have i missed
    The level 0 keys were released on the internet somehow, so no matter what Sony does patch/update-wise, they can't stop you from homebrewing away on your PS3 (unless they make you buy a new PS3 model, that is).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Negator

Meh, I don't give a shit.

Trophies were never for you, they were for me. These trophies act as a sort of journal over the years, chronicling experiences I've had across the games I've played. At the end of the day, the value of a trophy only matters to the person who earned it, so being 'higher' than me on a leaderboard wont effect me even slightly.

Also, I enjoy beating the scores of glitchers and hackers through legit means on games.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

No Game No Life

The only leaderboard I care about anyway is our own PPS leaderboard and my standing as the first earner of DMC 3 platinum.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Legalize it...

I feel the same. I earn trophies for fun/out of boredom. I think its cool when Im in the top 50 and all, but its not a priority to do it the fastest or first...

Hero of Kvatch

Collecting trophies are for me, and me only. They're a personal challenge to see if I can a game, or how well I can do. Hacking a game would only be cheating myself out of this.

"War, war never changes."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post

Trophies were never for you, they were for me. These trophies act as a sort of journal over the years, chronicling experiences I've had across the games I've played. At the end of the day, the value of a trophy only matters to the person who earned it, so being 'higher' than me on a leaderboard wont effect me even slightly.

Also, I enjoy beating the scores of glitchers and hackers through legit means on games.
    I've never heard trophies mentioned like that. I like your type of thinking and I think you're totally right.

My thoughts on blank requests, they're like "...flyers. When someone tries to hand me out a flyer it's kind of like just saying, Here, you throw this away." - Mitch Hedberg

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

i saw hackers on RE6 leaderboards with 9,999,999 points which is impossible but whatever...
    CFW always gets patched by sony just a matter of time
    its a shame since sony has alot on there plate right now and to deal with this problem sucks
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Never cared about the leaderboards, so I've got nothing to worry myself about, not to mention this will make the efforts of groups like the ones behind Hakoom and Duck360 much more hilarious.

If anything, the level 0 keys getting released is kind of good for me, since I always wanted an emulator or two running on my PS3 and now I can do it without worrying about losing them to play online. This will also stick it up to Capcom and their on-disc DLC, which is even funnier.
    on disc dlc is no different than downloadable dlc.... I don't see what the big deal is.... if you have a reason to whine about this then you're just a fucking baby

Lvl 6 - Silver

also when it comes to hacking trophies... how big of a piece of shit do you have to be where you're faking a trophy system... get fucking real

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    The OS (Operating System) of the PS3 is almost impossible to hack
    its been cracked.

permamently.

Unless you buy the brand new piece of shit super slim (it has a new set of lvl 0.2 keys) you can join the homebrew fun. Every Firmware can and will be ripped apart. Nothing is safe.

The comparison between the previous hack in april and this one is that the april keys were level 2, which was software based and can be changed. the lvl 0 Keys are Hardware based and can't be changed.

If sony bricks the old PS3s, They will have a massive lawsuit blackhole that could literally destroy the company, If they don't, Homebrew/hacker galore. it's a lose-lose situation for them.

This will also make your PS3 More valuable in the long run when it becomes a retro console.

tl;dr PSP firmware break-in 2.0

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    The OS (Operating System) of the PS3 is almost impossible to hack - only the network is a bit under-protected, so I'm pretty safe. Did a hacker hack your trophies or something?

EDIT: I don't really care if hackers hack their profile to get high up in the leaderboards, I'm happy as I am.
    it most certainly is nor impossible to hack.... It's been hacked to the core before and will be hacked to the core again. There are tons of CFW out there to be downloaded that gives you extra access to system debug features that let you do ANYTHING on the system. I wish i still had my CFW PS3.... That thing was awesome.

As far as the trophies/leader board stuff, i don't really care, I get trophies for myself and as long as i'm filling up my trophy case..... with trophies from games i enjoy i'm happy, I don't need to be on the top of the leader boards. I enjoy the hacking aspect of the web/games.... It's interesting, i just hate it when people use it to gain an advantage, like hacking trophy leader boards.... really?

PRO Member

I presently rank 12,762 in X amount of people...lets see if I can change that, remember this post

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post

i agree, i'm never in competition with anyone, i couldn't care less what trophies other people have, only the trophies i have.

PRO Member

So apart from what you've said about trophies and leaderboards, is there anything else that can be done with this?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast