Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What price do you think PS4 games will be ?

This is a discussion on What price do you think PS4 games will be ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; If games do go for the system locked approach which I think is more likely this gen and digital the ...

Rangers F.C

If games do go for the system locked approach which I think is more likely this gen and digital the following gen then I would probably hate it , my reasons would be if you look at it now with on-line passes (7.99) to purchase on-line for pre-owned games and next gen it will be on-line and re-activation of game , if you buy a PS4 game for ( numbers are just ballpark figures ) 50 new and decide to trade it you will probably only get 25 back because the next person buying it would have to pay 10 to re-activate it making the price 35 and the shop has to make money as well so say another 5 bringing the pre-owned total up to 40 . So if a games been out a while and they are selling for 40 then it would be 15 - 25 - 30 so if a games been out a number of years it would make it totally pointless for someone to trade in , and IMO this would be a disaster because you would only purchase certain games and not take a chance on some like you would now , plus the fact why would you even bother going to the game shop anymore if you are just as well buying nearly all games new , which would probably cause a lot of game shops to close .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Huge Gaming Backlog

In Australia they usually start out around the $80 to $100 mark in stores and about $60 to $80 in the online stores.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 6 - Silver

I think they'll be around 50, to start with. Game shops won't last within a few years or so because of digital sales.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

PS1 and PS2 games were between 40-90 dollars in Canada and the same for the PS3 so I don't see much of a change.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    If games do go for the system locked approach which I think is more likely this gen and digital the following gen then I would probably hate it , my reasons would be if you look at it now with on-line passes (7.99) to purchase on-line for pre-owned games and next gen it will be on-line and re-activation of game , if you buy a PS4 game for ( numbers are just ballpark figures ) 50 new and decide to trade it you will probably only get 25 back because the next person buying it would have to pay 10 to re-activate it making the price 35 and the shop has to make money as well so say another 5 bringing the pre-owned total up to 40 . So if a games been out a while and they are selling for 40 then it would be 15 - 25 - 30 so if a games been out a number of years it would make it totally pointless for someone to trade in , and IMO this would be a disaster because you would only purchase certain games and not take a chance on some like you would now , plus the fact why would you even bother going to the game shop anymore if you are just as well buying nearly all games new , which would probably cause a lot of game shops to close .
    I've asked 10 different workers at a bunch of different EB Games locations what they thought of the used game lockout and 8/10 said instantly bad idea will turn into that company going belly up in less then 6 months - a year. I know this thread isn't for your comment but let me just add one more thing. Could you imagine if SONY does the lockout you couldn't just bring a game to a friend's house to play anymore cause that game will only play on your system unless you also bring your system with the game. Which would get very tiring to unhook and rehook everything back up. What I see them doing maybe is letting you play used games but if you want to earn trophies then you need to pay for the trophy patch.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I've asked 10 different workers at a bunch of different EB Games locations what they thought of the used game lockout and 8/10 said instantly bad idea will turn into that company going belly up in less then 6 months - a year. I know this thread isn't for your comment but let me just add one more thing. Could you imagine if SONY does the lockout you couldn't just bring a game to a friend's house to play anymore cause that game will only play on your system unless you also bring your system with the game. Which would get very tiring to unhook and rehook everything back up. What I see them doing maybe is letting you play used games but if you want to earn trophies then you need to pay for the trophy patch.
    Nah I don't think so mate , the reason they want to system lock is to maximise profits and people trading in losses loads but makes purchasing games more attractive to the consumer and this has a knock on affect making other games which are new try to compete with the pre-owned ones so over time they will get cheaper , if like you say it was just trophies locked most people including me would just stop collecting altogether , trophies are fine and all but paying to collect them makes no sense and you would forget them just as quick as you got into them and never purchase the activation for them . IMO they want to try to shut down trading altogether and this is the first step , they will make it less attractive to to trade by adding a hefty re-activation price so less and less people will trade in because they get less for there game and whatever pre-owned game they try to buy will have a re-activation on top of it . There next step will be digital download only and this will be the worst thing to ever happen in gaming history , with more and more corporations taking control of games developers they will all come together and agree a set price for games so they all maximise there profits and thats us all fucked , 60+ for a digital download that is total bollocks and you are stuck with it for life no trade no compensation for a wrong choice of game , you could say research the game but you still buy the odd one you don't like doing this , plus you can kiss goodbye to renting games unless Sony offers the service or lets other companies do it but its unlikely cause more people would start doing this to save investing in the over priced games .................... rant over lol
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 7 - Gold

What price? Too much....

-i- love myself.

Hopefully not over $450, but I doubt it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12