Where to get an OFFICIAL White Dual Shock?

This is a discussion on Where to get an OFFICIAL White Dual Shock? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; As my old DS3 decided to stop charging, I had to order a new one. I ordered a black one ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Where to get an OFFICIAL White Dual Shock?

As my old DS3 decided to stop charging, I had to order a new one. I ordered a black one from zavvi.com because it was cheaper than anywhere else at the time, though this was nearly 2 weeks ago and it hasn't even dispatched yet (they have been contacted, and 'are awaiting delivery from the stockists') and was thinking about cancelling my order, so I was looking for a White one instead. I have looked EVERYWHERE that I can think of (amazon, play, zavvi, game, game stop, game station, shopto, ebay, gumtree etc etc) and nowhere seems to sell OFFICIAL white ones for the UK. I found somewhere called buySPRY.com [an American company] but they haven't replied to my email..
    Is there anywhere that will sell me an official white dual shock for less than 40(inc postage), because if it's anymore than this I might as well just buy a black one and be done with it. Any ideas? Cheers
    Also: Amazon do sell them, but from the reviews they are fake as they are from a used and new trader
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

PRO Member

hmv.com: Music CDs, DVDs, Games & More

That's where I got mine about 2 years ago. It is official Sony one as well.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I looked on HMV before, and they were nearly 50, didn't fancy paying that for just a coat of paint... But 40 that's cheaper than I have seen them.. Hmm. thanks mate, I'll bear it in mind
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    [

Lvl 6 - Silver

Actually, while I'm at it.. Can anyone tell me if something from playasia is suitable:
    Buy Dual Shock 3 (Ceramic White) (PS3) - Play-Asia.com
    Purely because it says compatible USA and not Europe, like the blue one does. But would this make any difference to a UK model? I know the Japanese versions are O/X switched (well the games are) but the Jap version is a lot more money... Thanks for the replies
    [

Lvl 9 - Gold

Hmm white dualshocks cost the exact same as the black ones on Ebgames site here, ill have a look on a few others but theyre $78 seem to of come down a little bit.

https://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-14499...-PlayStation-3

Every one seems to be the same price as the black ones here this looks exactly the same as my black one.

Grey blue and all the other ones i found for $75 as well on another site didn't even know they made grey ones they look pretty nice though.

Pretty sure you should be able to find them for a lot less than this in the UK though.

Edit:

Isnt this what your looking for?

EDIT:
    This works a bit easier for anyone in the UK looking for one
    http://www.gamestop.co.uk/SearchResu...k+3+Controller
    Second result down under the gold.

38 pounds to, how do you know if its official or not?
    Last edited by Waystedyou; 10-29-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    Isnt this what your looking for?
    http://www.gamestop.co.uk/PlayStation 3/Games/10918/ps3-white-dualshock-3-controller?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.co.uk%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSea rch%3Fq%3Ddualshock
    38 pounds to, how do you know if its official or not?
    Thanks for the replies.
    There are several ways to tell
    But that's the trouble, I don't want to have blown 40+ on a piece of shit Chinese rip off that will not work after a week. It's hard to tell with some of them unfortunately. Which is why I want an official one. Thanks again for the replies
    [

Rangers F.C

White looks pretty sweet but am a bit of a freak that way I would need a white PS3 , TV , Surround Sound and cables to go with it lol
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lord of all Goat-Men

WHO DAT!!!!

my white controller gets very dirty so i avoid them... i saw one at gamestop yesterday but i remember buying a couple white ones from EBAY a couple years back

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider View Post
    my white controller gets very dirty so i avoid them... i saw one at gamestop yesterday but i remember buying a couple white ones from EBAY a couple years back
    Thats the same reason why I don't buy white cars ...but on a serious note, yeah, you should check out eBay.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider View Post
    I have had a white one for a while now,still just as white as the day i got it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    Thats the same reason why I don't buy white cars ...but on a serious note, yeah, you should check out eBay.
    Having checked out ebay, it is pretty difficult to tell which ones are the fakes and which ones are original sony, despite the 'official' or 'genuine' claims, it's hard to find a legit one.
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I managed to find one, thanks to the link from Wastedyou (don't know why that didn't come up when I searched it but thanks), so it's all good.

I have had a white one for a while now,still just as white as the day i got it.
    Never had to clean it or anything? Not that it would be too much of an issue.
    [

Deathless Destroyer

I thought the white DS3's were exclusive to Japan..
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 6 - Silver

So did I to be honest but glad they're not
    [

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yeah i went through it by looking up PS3 accessories instead of just searching Dual Shock originally, that UK site is so hard to find stuff on though really :x
    I think ill need to be getting a new PS controller soon though, failed New York Minute Hardcore that many times from stupid glitches now lol.

Since were on the subject of controllers and speaking of grey ones earlier, they seem like they're new? got 3 new preorder ones at EBgames and JBhifi dunno if these are old news or anything in other countries but i havent seen em before, pretty sure they would be official ones though ill have to look for a sony article i guess.

Slate Grey
    https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-159746-Pl...-PlayStation-3
    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/...te-grey/676000

Jungle Green
    https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-155609-Pl...-PlayStation-3
    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/...e-green/675998

Urban Camo (Camo Green on Eb for some reason though..)
    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/...an-camo/675999
    https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-155903-Pl...-PlayStation-3

I really like the slate grey one..

Encorporeus
    I thought the white DS3's were exclusive to Japan..

I almost always remember the white ones being available in Australia, they came out here awhile after they came out in japan though.

100% Grizzly

I swore I saw some at my local Best Buy. They would be full price in USD and that's $55. Seems they sell them online too.

Sony - DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 3 (Classic White) - 98066|98066

But that's for the US I guess. Seems like a hefty cost for someone to buy it for you and ship it to you.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I picked mine up on Play.com around last christmas and it was a official one too

Awesome Sig by Curse