Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

games by mail

This is a discussion on games by mail within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i used to have gamefly until they cancelled my acct. someone kept stealing games from my mailbox and after so ...

Prayer Warrior

games by mail

i used to have gamefly until they cancelled my acct. someone kept stealing games from my mailbox and after so many i guess they had enough. and my 2 local blockbusters have closed down so i'm left with nothing as there's no other rental places around that stock majority new releases. so my question is this.....is there another game by mail service that's as good as gamefly. i know about gamemine.com and gamerang but are they good?

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 6 - Silver

how about just getting a different mailbox? idk that might work, if its not an issue to pay for one of course lol. or possibly borrow a nearby friends / family members. as for other services, from what i hear, netflix is going to start a videogame section of its own, so thatll be interesting to see.

Prayer Warrior

well the way they are catching me is by my card numbers via payment. i only have 2 different cards and both are on file on closed accts. so i'm out of luck there

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    how about just getting a different mailbox? idk that might work, if its not an issue to pay for one of course lol. or possibly borrow a nearby friends / family members. as for other services, from what i hear, netflix is going to start a videogame section of its own, so thatll be interesting to see.
    Did you just say Netflix will be starting up it's own game section!? If that's true I'm going to be so happy!

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm pretty sure Blockbuster is going to be or has started a mailing service for movies/games. I'm not sure if you need to have a store near by or not though. definitely look into it

Prayer Warrior

i've looked into blockbuster but they don't rent out new released games when they come out. they have like a 2 month waiting period. which defeats the whole purpose.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Did you just say Netflix will be starting up it's own game section!? If that's true I'm going to be so happy!
    indeed i did my friend! heres a short part of the essay of an email i received from them a while back.

It’s hard to write this after over 10 years of mailing DVDs with pride, but we think it is necessary: In a few weeks, we will rename our DVD by mail service to “Qwikster”. We chose the name Qwikster because it refers to quick delivery. We will keep the name “Netflix” for streaming.

Qwikster will be the same website and DVD service that everyone is used to. It is just a new name, and DVD members will go to qwikster.com to access their DVD queues and choose movies. One improvement we will make at launch is to add a video games upgrade option, similar to our upgrade option for Blu-ray, for those who want to rent Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 games. Members have been asking for video games for many years, but now that DVD by mail has its own team, we are finally getting it done. Other improvements will follow. A negative of the renaming and separation is that the Qwikster.com and Netflix.com websites will not be integrated.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i've looked into blockbuster but they don't rent out new released games when they come out. they have like a 2 month waiting period. which defeats the whole purpose.
    Thats just stupid lol. sorry man

No Matter What

A separate site for physical media called Qwikster, eh? I will definitely have to look into this once it launches!
    Thanks for the information.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

PRO Member

To bad there's not a company like gamefly or netflix hasn't decided to do rentals through the game consoles. Like they do with movies. I may rent games through the game console than by mail or local rental store.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Do you have a redbox near you, I know they do games now! The ONLY thing i cant remember is if the games are in redbox or "bluebox", I mOved out of San Antonio(to Europe) 8 months ago, so I am a tiny bit out of the loop on that. No more redbox for me, not even Walmarts! My life is sad now, there is a severely overpriced gamestop though (Euro exchange rate sucks cuz I still get paid in USD). A game that costs $60 in the US will cost me like $90-$100 here, amazon.com is my new best friend, lol.

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredImages View Post
    Do you have a redbox near you, I know they do games now! The ONLY thing i cant remember is if the games are in redbox or "bluebox", I mOved out of San Antonio(to Europe) 8 months ago, so I am a tiny bit out of the loop on that. No more redbox for me, not even Walmarts! My life is sad now, there is a severely overpriced gamestop though (Euro exchange rate sucks cuz I still get paid in USD). A game that costs $60 in the US will cost me like $90-$100 here, amazon.com is my new best friend, lol.
    Redbox does have games but the problem is you can only rent out a game for one night and it costs $2.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredImages View Post
    i have a few redboxes around me but none of them have games.....i'm in a sad situation i tell ya

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ya i only know of gamefly by mail .... the new netflix qwickster does look promising ... but its not out yet and i dont think theres a price for how much its going to be

... kinda hopin qwikster will be good ... maybe i could get rid of my gamefly ... would be nice to get a movie instead everyonce in a while ... but all depends on how much the cost for video game option

PRO Member

That sucks that these diskheads are stealing your games....

What you can do is have it sent to a family member and you pay them? Or make another bank account and ask to use a friends address?

Sig by Smashguy

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    That sucks that these diskheads are stealing your games....

What you can do is have it sent to a family member and you pay them? Or make another bank account and ask to use a friends address?
    you would think that would be an easy solution but all my family is very weird about stuff like that. i was thinking of signing up for gamerang but wanted to know if anyone here has used it before?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    you would think that would be an easy solution but all my family is very weird about stuff like that. i was thinking of signing up for gamerang but wanted to know if anyone here has used it before?
    Lol I know what you mean I rent 2 games a week so I know how this would suck!
    Goodluck man

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow, stealing stuff out of your mailbox is a federal crime... I'd set up a video camera and catch the idiots doing it and watch them goto prison.

But that sucks about your situation... I personally thought GF for the 2 months I had it was complete shit. But ya, Netflix is firing up their own system for games now. I thought all Redboxes do the game thing now? Atleast I was under the impression when they sent out that email.

PRO Member

Blockbuster Online right now is the best for renting video games. They are really really fast on sending out new games.
    Avatar, Sig and Plat Bar Made by Wadefan1

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Rightear186 View Post
    Blockbuster Online right now is the best for renting video games. They are really really fast on sending out new games.
    they may be fast but i respectfully disagree that they are the best. they don't rent new releases. they have like a 2-3 month waiting period before they are releasing new games to be rented. so that's a MAJOR fail in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast