Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Next COD Will Be Modern Warfare 4

This is a discussion on Next COD Will Be Modern Warfare 4 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Black Ops 2 isn't even here yet, and already we're looking to next year. It should come as no surprise ...

Threat

Next COD Will Be Modern Warfare 4

Black Ops 2 isn't even here yet, and already we're looking to next year. It should come as no surprise that a new Call of Duty game will arrive in the fall of 2013, but according to Bill Murray—the British voice actor, who plays Captain Price in the Modern Warfare series, not the Ghostbuster—the next CoD game will be Modern Warfare 4.
    “Yeah, on Monday I am off to meet Infinity Ward about the next game, Modern Warfare 4," Murray reportedly said. "I’m doing work on the sequel to Modern Warfare 3, it carries straight on and I only ever appear in the Modern Warfare games.”
    He's got a point. Some fans had hoped that Activision would return the series to World Word 2, or even explore some other conflicts, like the massively popular Black Ops did with Vietnam and the Cold War.
    It's also sort of news that Infinity Ward will continue to handle the Modern Warfare branch of Call of Duty while Treyarch remains hard at work on the other half of the series.
    What are you expecting from Modern Warfare 4? More of the same? Or would you like to see a modern shake-up?
    Very disappointing news.

source
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Rangers F.C

Lost interest in Modern Warfare after the first game , gave 2 a go but its shit and will not buy any of there stuff now
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Lvl 9 - Gold

There's a surprise... I'm not getting any more games with Modern Warfare in it. I stopped at 2.

Possibly get Black Ops 2 but theres other big games I want.

Especially with the news of GTA V coming out Spring I need to make space to get that.

-i- love myself.

I do like the Modern Warfare series but the thing is, there's no need for a 4th installment. If there is a MW4 then I think the story will be crap, that's just me.

Angel of Death

Surprising? No. Exciting? Yes. Modern Warfare series is awesome, and I can't wait until it comes out.

Kid, not loser

Sad, sad news. I was hoping this year they would actually do something different, like actually different, and ACTUALLY GOOD. Another MW is just way too much. The last 2 were WAY too much

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    I do like the Modern Warfare series but the thing is, there's no need for a 4th installment. If there is a MW4 then I think the story will be crap, that's just me.
    Would not surprise me if COD made it to double figures
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What they should be releasing next is MW3, cause right now 2.5 is out. Hard to release a 3 if you never released a 3 right? Cause everyone knows the newest MW is 2.5!! I am looking forward to Black Ops 2 cause Treyarch proved with Black Ops 1 that they are actually trying to make the game better and actually listen to the gamers and cares less for the n00bs than the Modern Warfare series.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Surprising? No. Exciting? Yes. Modern Warfare series is awesome, and I can't wait until it comes out.

Agreed. I really like the Modern Warfare campaigns over any other FPS. Also the Spec - Op side of the game is very fun. I only hope that there is campaign Co - -Op in the next one.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

No Game No Life

Was there really a need for a fourth installment?

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 2 - Bronze

As far as COD's go, i'm sticking to the treyarch games, World at War and Black Ops are easily the two best games in the series.

Up the Irons!

Not very surprising. I'm not a fan of the series, but I'll give it a try when all my I-only-play-COD friends buy it.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    Was there really a need for a fourth installment?
    To be honest is there a reason for Call of Duty point?! After Zombie campaign in this Black Ops II what will be left?

It is time for me to go underground

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I actually felt after the news of Black Ops 2 that we were all on the same page that this could be it, slowing things down a bit.. but holy shit was I wrong.. >_> this is more shocking than hearing about the other releases for some reason. This also makes me very upset with the industry. I am proud of myself though for I have not purchased a COD game since MW2.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Maybe take a break? try something a bit different for a year in the hope you could make a new fresh ip to show your company gives a toss about anything that doesn't involve War, Fares, Calls or Duty that are in any way modern or dark in their operations? You know, in the hope you don't beat this particular cash cow to a twitchy puddle and have nothing to fall back on?

Give it a couple of years into the next gen, there will be a 'remake' of the original because 'it's what the fans want' and in no way reeks of lazy, cheap, money clawing desperation because they ran out of numbers to stick on the end of Modern Warfare.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I always just assumed that there would be a MW4 and I thought everyone else would assume that too. I mean why wouldn't there be when so many kids are willing to fork out for basically the same game but the newest version.

I dont hate CoD, it has a good formula but the series has been abused to the point where ill only play it if I have nothing else (and thats the sp, tried mp once and never again).

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Deathless Destroyer

Wait, I thought the campaign in MW3 ended without a cliffhanger..

Now the story will make no sense, it seems..

Toggle Spoiler

Ahh well, whatever they do to make money it seems..Even though I had bought MW1, MW2 and MW3, I'm definitely not getting MW4 because the story would be ridiculous.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Wait, I thought the campaign in MW3 ended without a cliffhanger..

Now the story will make no sense, it seems..

Toggle Spoiler

Ahh well, whatever they do to make money it seems..Even though I had bought MW1, MW2 and MW3, I'm definitely not getting MW4 because the story would be ridiculous.
    They'll probably just create a new bad guy to pursue and set up for the next MW trilogy
    Since Cpt. Price is pretty much confirmed to be in the next game, I hope they include some flashback missions. 'All Ghillied Up' from COD 4 is my all-time favorite COD mission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast