So what do you guys think of the future of Star Wars now its gonna be killed by Disney!!!!!!

This is a discussion on So what do you guys think of the future of Star Wars now its gonna be killed by Disney!!!!!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Now that George sold his greatest product to Disney..me being a SW fan along with im sure some of ya.....guess ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

So what do you guys think of the future of Star Wars now its gonna be killed by Disney!!!!!!

Now that George sold his greatest product to Disney..me being a SW fan along with im sure some of ya.....guess we can kiss goodbye to Battlefront 3...lol what like its been 5 0r 6 years behind now..anyways.....they say that they are going to bring Episode 7...

Granted this is just a bad reaction to the news..who knows..maybe Disney will actually keep the integrity of the Star Wars franchise intact..i dunno.....as far as games..what are we to expect now..

Thoughts?

Resident PHD

Integrity of Star Wars ...oh man that is a good one.

Star Wars Christmas Special and the Ewok Movies say Hello

Lucas sold out on Star Wars before you were born. I loved Star Wars as a kid, but between all the shitty movies, cartoons, books, comics etc. Star Wars isn't recognizable anymore.

Now the original trilogy, the original comic series (which I have original copies of) and a couple of the games aside (I am talking about the SNES games, Rouge Squadron and Pod Racer for N64) there isn't much to hang your hat on.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by sithlorddallas View Post
    Now that George sold his greatest product to Disney..me being a SW fan along with im sure some of ya.....guess we can kiss goodbye to Battlefront 3...lol what like its been 5 0r 6 years behind now..anyways.....they say that they are going to bring Episode 7...

Granted this is just a bad reaction to the news..who knows..maybe Disney will actually keep the integrity of the Star Wars franchise intact..i dunno.....as far as games..what are we to expect now..

Thoughts?
    Star Wars stopped having any kind of integrity in 1983. Even some die-hard fans will say that Return of the Jedi was when Star Wars jumped the shark. I actually thought that RotJ was the last good SW movie. The newest movies were garbage, in my opinion. They were great to look at, in most cases, but were garbage in the acting (aside from Ewan McGregor and a very select few) and story department. So if Disney keeps pumping out one garbage Star Wars movie after another, it won't surprise me. I will also not support it.

As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars ended in 1983. I'm just happy I have the un-altered original trilogy to watch at my leisure.

Fuck Disney and Fuck Old-Man Lucas.

All out of bubblegum.....

Thoughts?

Hrm... i think this same discussion is going on here...

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/en...ucasfilms.html
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Angel of Death

Considering that Disney is awesome, and Pixar is their best subsidiary, and if they work on Star Wars, I see a bright future.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post

Lucas sold out on Star Wars before you were born. I loved Star Wars as a kid, but between all the shitty movies, cartoons, books, comics etc. Star Wars isn't recognizable anymore.

Now the original trilogy, the original comic series (which I have original copies of) and a couple of the games aside (I am talking about the SNES games, Rouge Squadron and Pod Racer for N64) there isn't much to hang your hat on.
    Umm i was born before SW came out there fella...slow your role....And im not talking about SW doesn't have it's flaws..it does..just sucks seeing Goofy as the new Vader...lol

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Star Wars stopped having any kind of integrity in 1983. Even some die-hard fans will say that Return of the Jedi was when Star Wars jumped the shark. I actually thought that RotJ was the last good SW movie. The newest movies were garbage, in my opinion. They were great to look at, in most cases, but were garbage in the acting (aside from Ewan McGregor and a very select few) and story department. So if Disney keeps pumping out one garbage Star Wars movie after another, it won't surprise me. I will also not support it.

As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars ended in 1983. I'm just happy I have the un-altered original trilogy to watch at my leisure.

Fuck Disney and Fuck Old-Man Lucas.
    yep...Lucas sold his soul to the devil that is Disney

♚ Overlord ♔

My wish for Battlefront 3 is now officially dead.

worlds biggest welch fan

It's a 50-50 disney worked really well with Ghibli studios.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I just heard that they may take a Marvel Phase approach as well, meaning that they would make films that solely focus on one or a few of the characters at once so lets say star wars : a New hope was the "Avengers" There would have been a Han Solo film (my suggested title "Millennium Falcon" and sequel "MF2: For a few Parsecs more"), a Luke Film and so on culminating in the 'event' film.

This treatment sounds very interesting. Also I would just love for them to let more projects like 1313 and BF3 go on unaltered.

PRO Member

Be afraid, be very afraid....

Wookie Dog loves to eat weak screenplays, MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Threat

Don't forget about the Battlefront games!
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Prayer Warrior

honestly i think it's way to soon to draw a conclusion about this move. i'm going to hold all comments till i see the first film put out by this conjunction and then i'll pass judgement.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

maybe they could give us a Marvel vs. Star Wars game

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Star Wars stopped having any kind of integrity in 1983.

Fuck Old-Man Lucas.

both of these

The Deathly Rhythm

I screamed WHAT! so loud when i heard the news, but Star Wars died to me after Return of the Jedi, Episode 1, 2, and 3 was really good to look at, but when I saw Red Letter Media show all of the flaws of it, i never watched them since

but i still hope Disney doesn't kill it even more
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 8 - Gold

Thoughts?
    There is no way to expect what will come next. Star wars already is all over the place, and can pretty much instal anything and still be probable.

As far as games, they have the possibility to make a good game, and its just up to them to actually make it and not skip any conners.

Yea, star wars already was partially owned by disney, and all the prequal episodes (movies) and all those other stuff is where the story got watered down. I am not saying it all was horrible, but like i said above, its all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos06 View Post
    I screamed WHAT! so loud when i heard the news, but Star Wars died to me after Return of the Jedi, Episode 1, 2, and 3 was really good to look at, but when I saw Red Letter Media show all of the flaws of it, i never watched them since

but i still hope Disney doesn't kill it even more
    I dont think Disney can kill it. Like i said its all over the place, so pretty much they could water it down more and no one would tell the difference.

Also, Disney is able to keep it on life support, so it might not be the best franchise anymore, it still isnt the worse.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Even if Star Wars did lose it's "integrity" long ago, there is no denying the limitless potential it has as entertainment. (games, movies, comics, stories, universe etc). & in the hands of someone else (Disney), who knows..

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow... it's like a repeat of all the broo-haha after Disney bought Marvel... and we can see how that move turned out.
    Honestly, I agree with the sentiment that SW kind of lost whatever integrity it had long ago. But Disney killing SW? Lucas seemed damn determined to do that all on his own. Though, imho, the Clone Wars tv show wasn't all that bad. It just has the misfortune of being tied into the prequel trilogy.

If nothing else, SW will remain dead to those to whom it is already dead. But I choose to see this as another chance at life. With the right crew behind it, and Lucas nowhere near writing or directing duties, there is a chance this could be good. If not, we'll still have our nostalgia.