Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PS4: new kits shipping now, AMD A10 used as base

This is a discussion on PS4: new kits shipping now, AMD A10 used as base within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 the problem for me is that it's basically the same design since the PS1. The Ps1 ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the problem for me is that it's basically the same design since the PS1. The Ps1 analog sticks were simply tacked on to compete with the nintendo 64 and they haven't made a single improvement since adding vibration and wireless.

not to mention the controller feels too light for me and i don't like how my hands have to be in a certian position to use it well.

the banana Controller was a really well done redesign, but the sony community bitched so much they decided to screw innovative design and appeal to the fans.
    Don't get me wrong as I was excited for that controller as well, but this one's had a long life because it's comfortable and familiar. Most likely why there Hasn't been any major changes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    My only complain would be the R2 and L2 buttons being so sensitive. I can leave my controller on a table and the buttons will be pressed instantly. Kind of screws me over when I'm playing and I decide to rest my hands and the controller on my lap.

And regarding the batarang controller.
    Indeed. That's happened to me quite a bit with the R2/L2 buttons.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Cipher sent us to hell

$400 price point would have me on Day One. Anything higher and i'll consider it but it is a lot less likely i'd buy into it within the initial launch window. Component prices should be down by late 2014 (which seem pretty plausible). I am not a developer, so I won't worry too much on the specs (although I do understand them). Especially so for a console that is still a couple of years away. They need a smooth OS and a lot of wiggle room for developers on how they code their games.

I love the Dualshock 3 except for the L2/R2 buttons. That controller does NOT sit on a table well. Model it after the Dualshock 2 or give it actual triggers. Just give it something that will keep those buttons from being accidently pressed. I've thrown so many oopsie grenades on BL2... :/
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I agree: everything points out to a late 2014 launch. Although it wouldn't meet their expectactions of the PS3 lasting a decade on it's own, it will still be produced and have games released for it and what-not.
    I'm perfectly fine with that kind of release date, even if it was a bit longer, it wouldn't really bother me. But how many people will go out and buy one immediately? And if it is capable of playing Ps3 games, how many more people who said they wouldn't get one straight away will then get one? Would you get one straight away? depending on price of course. Either way, I for one will stick with my Ps3 for quite sometime but will of course eventually get a Ps4.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Cipher sent us to hell

I would also love for them to look into a Party System of sorts and software-based PS2 emulation. Even if it wasn't 100% compatible, it'd be great to have 98%
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

An old-fashioned cowboy

Damn this all sounds pretty sweet. As long as the console is within the $400 price range and has a few good games during it's release I would seriously consider getting it Day 1. As far as the control goes Sony should just go ahead and release 2 styles of controls for the console: the current style and the boomerang style.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12