Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you take a break after finishing a plat, or jump straight to the next one?

This is a discussion on Do you take a break after finishing a plat, or jump straight to the next one? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Every single time I have earned a platinum I have also went through a mini burnout and not gamed for ...

Rangers F.C

Every single time I have earned a platinum I have also went through a mini burnout and not gamed for a few days to even a few weeks , the more I think about it the more I wish they had never made trophies or at least I had never got into them , they ruin gaming and I am pretty much at the stage now I am no longer a trophy hunter .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Every single time I have earned a platinum I have also went through a mini burnout and not gamed for a few days to even a few weeks , the more I think about it the more I wish they had never made trophies or at least I had never got into them , they ruin gaming and I am pretty much at the stage now I am no longer a trophy hunter .
    In a way I agree...games used to be just about having fun, now I feel compelled to play games in a way that I would not normally play them just so I can get all the trophies. For instance playing MGS4 eight times, I gave up after like 3, or killing a certain amount of enemies with each weapon type, usually I have a favorite type of weapon and don't want to be forced to use weapons I don't like just for a trophy, and playing games on the hardest difficulty like survivor mode with no vita chambers in Bioshock...my God that was hard...

But on the other hand when I plat a game I get a sense of satisfaction and achievement that I did not get before when there were no trophies. Every time I play a game that just seems impossible to plat I tell myself I am not going to be a trophy hunter anymore since it is causing me more aggravation than enjoyment but as soon as I start playing something new I forget all about that aggravation and immediately check the trophy list and start planning on platting it anyway.

To answer the question of this thread though...I never take a break...I play everyday and as soon as I finish a game I immediately start a new one.

Lvl 4 - Silver

1(or 2, or 3) day break...then I go right to the next one
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

♚ Overlord ♔

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Gotta strike while the iron's hot
    I actually got that reference
    As for me I always jump straight to the next one, why stop when your on a roll?!

Ice Cream Firefighter

It's hard for me but only because I have trouble deciding which of the many backlogged games i'm going to plat next.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Angel of Death

Depends. I did Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta back to back, but usually I'll take breaks.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Usually I take a break or just play a game I already have. I dont get alot of games each year so after finishing one I am waiting for the next one that I want or go look in the bargan bin for a cheap one that I might not have yet.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    It's hard for me but only because I have trouble deciding which of the many backlogged games i'm going to plat next.
    Same story with me. Also because I don't go blindly into games. I take a bit to study the trophy lists a bit so I can avoid any unnecessary time wasting playthroughs and missable trophies.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

PRO Member

Definitely i take a break

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12