Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you take a break after finishing a plat, or jump straight to the next one?

This is a discussion on Do you take a break after finishing a plat, or jump straight to the next one? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I've noticed more and more lately that it's tough for me to start a brand new plat-able game after ...

PRO Member

Do you take a break after finishing a plat, or jump straight to the next one?

So I've noticed more and more lately that it's tough for me to start a brand new plat-able game after finishing another one. This week I finished FFXIII-2, and instead of going on to inFamous, which is next in my queue, I've been playing Rocksmith (which I do not intend to plat), and also playing through FF9. It's been a couple days now and I still haven't booted up inFamous. Maybe once I see that "0%" on there, I'll feel obligated to play nothing but until I finish it. That's usually been my habit, so I suppose I'm subconsciously getting some variety in while I can.

So my question is, what's your reaction to a new plat challenge? Do you instantly start it up, or do you take some time to do something else for a bit?
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

PRO Member

My style is to have a bunch of games open so I can play according to my mood. Sometimes I'll play one all the way til plat, sometimes I'll wait likes two years (Mirror's Edge)

For me, It's playing what I enjoy and if I feel up to the , then sweet

So breaks when necessary

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Me personally, when I start a game, I won't play anything else until it's done. But when I have the plat for said game, I feel slightly reluctant to start another game because I've been playing the previous game for so long but I quickly get over that and move onto the next plat. So the answer is no I suppose, I don't take breaks.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 5 - Silver

I usually take breaks after plating a game. I spend so much time playing that one game, that I just need a break, and a lot of times I go buy a a new game too.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What is this "Something else" that you speak of? The ride never ends friend.

Deathless Destroyer

Well as I'm working on 5 games out of my 18, I'll be switching through each of the games depending on my mood. I only need a partner for the final two (Co-op) missions in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, so I'll leave that aside for now. I'm currently working through Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Prototype, and switch between the two depending on my mood. I hope to get at least 3 Platinum's by the end of 2012.

I already have enough breaks as it is, with all my assignments etc.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 5 - Silver

I don't know why but I tend to get games with plats that take a long time to get. When I do get them I don't have the need to play anything else, other than the occasional easy trophies from games that are free with PS+ which holds me up until the next big title which coincidently has trophies that take forever to get

worlds biggest welch fan

This year I got FF13-2 and Resonance Of Fate in a row, I think those are my only plats in a row but I did start Dragons Dogma very shortly after.

game at your pace and start early on saturdays and sundays to reach your goals.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Death to zombies!!

I try and take a days break after platting a game just to decide what to play next, but with all the games that have come out over the last few months i just dive right into the next one or play Borderlands 2 for fun

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Gotta strike while the iron's hot

Local Drunk

After I plat a game I have no idea what I want to play let alone plat so I play everything and somewhere down the line a new plat emerges.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I usually have like 3 games to work on my list, whatever mood I'm in and when I finish a game I jump on the next depending how long or hard the last plat was
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Winter Is Coming

I usually only have 1 game on the go at a time and once i plat it I tend to take a small break, just a day or 2 before I start a new game.
    After platting Borderlands 2 I took a 3 day break which is probably the longest so far

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Up the Irons!

I definitely do. When I go for a plat, I play the game until I earn the platinum. So by the time I get the plat, I'm usually a bit tired of trophy hunting, and just play for a while some games without worrying about trophies.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i take breaks after playing FPS games because they seem to stress me out but any other game ill go start on to the next one

Legalize it...

If its a quick game/plat I usually start something the next day. If its a long game like BL2 then I break, and then play something like Wheel Of Fortune before jumping into something w a long story...

PRO Member

If it's a easy/quick plat i'll jump straight into a new game with trophies.If it's hard/or a grind i'll take a break from trophies and play some older games or games i got no interest in getting the trophies in on my alt account. Right now i'm on a break after MGS4 and it's 8 playthroughs,with 6 of them being easy/pointless IMO.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

-i- love myself.

After I get a plat I usually take a little break but it all depends how long the plat took me, if it were a quick plat, i'll jump onto the next game.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    After I get a plat I usually take a little break but it all depends how long the plat took me, if it were a quick plat, i'll jump onto the next game.
    Agreed, it depends on the timing.

I do like to take a break and enjoy the new plat for a bit, before kicking off a new game.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I take a break. I almost always play one game exclusively so after finishing it up, I'll take an extended break before starting the next one. Because I know the next game will be the only game I play until it's done.
    The one exception though is when there's a co-op multiplayer game I'm playing with friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast