Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Account banned

This is a discussion on Account banned within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This is really unfair, they should at least just temp ban you, give them another call and ask for another ...

Retired

This is really unfair, they should at least just temp ban you, give them another call and ask for another chance, and to disable the other account. (few solutions.)

Lvl 4 - Silver

That sucks man. but how could they know it wasn't your Ps3 at another house with a different Ip?

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Gamesharing shouldn't be done, but they should be banning these guys http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...tml#post382831
    I like to game share with my friend. We both buy plenty of games, why would we want to buy it again when the other has it?

And I've been game sharing since me and my friend got PS3's, it's weird that they would ban you for that.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I like to game share with my friend. We both buy plenty of games, why would we want to buy it again when the other has it?

And I've been game sharing since me and my friend got PS3's, it's weird that they would ban you for that.
    Thats what Im saying. Something doesnt seem right to me. I dont think I have anything to worry about either way because all I really need to say is its my 2nd PS3 at my gfs house they dont know the difference. Everyone I know in real life that has PS3 is sharing with another person, rather if its their gf or just a friend...

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I gameshare with my gf all the time and if they were to ban me would me they would have to ban everyone who does it which means a huge chunk of there customers because selecting a few is beyond unfair

And they should also give you a warning ban and not a perm ban
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

That blows. Definitely call them again and hopefully you can get it situated.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed_Mans View Post
    That's bullshit. It's your stuff that you bought with your own money and you should do whatever you want with it..... My cousin occasionally downloads his online passes from my account since his account region doesn't always match with the game online pass region.
    it's not bullshit... getting something for nothing is bullshit... I don't share my pw cos I paid for this shit... and if someone wants to play it... they can buy it too

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    You don't actually own the account and you do have to accept the ToS when you sign up and it states that you are not allowed to share your personal info/log in info with anyone.
    True as well as not true... Have you watched a Blu Ray movie or Dvd that permits the gameshare? Sony has a commerical previewing trailer that is dedicated just for gamesharing telling people to do it.
    So if SONY is banning people for that just stupid and I wish you luck unbreakable with whatever you have to do.

It is time for me to go underground

Rangers F.C

Have never even tried to game share before , had never really thought about it but it sucks you got banned anyway mate
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Deathless Destroyer

PlayStation models have their own unique code, same as PSN ID's. That's why you have to format your hard-drive when placed in a different PS3. They would have noticed the different codes when the friend was downloading. I'd understand if Sony would ban you for that, but they should really be focusing on system/game hackers as a priority.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

An old-fashioned cowboy

Something about this doesn't seem right. Your friend must have done something to raise a red flag that caught Sony's attention.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Gamesharing shouldn't be done, but they should be banning these guys http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...tml#post382831
    Wow...I can't believe that guy hasn't been banned yet.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Something about this doesn't seem right. Your friend must have done something to raise a red flag that caught Sony's attention.
    This. Or the OP did something they aren't spilling.

worlds biggest welch fan

That sucks but you learned early.

Are you game sharing with more then one person
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    That sucks but you learned early.

Are you game sharing with more then one person
    Sony limited it to one other PS3 now, so I doubt he was.

PRO Member

I guess that's a wake up call for me, I'm retiring, going to focus on kids and girlfriend for now, good luck to all of you, get these plats guys

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Wow, that blows man. Sony really needs to get some of their shit together. I share games with my friends all the time, this is a little stupid.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Negator

I feel there's definitely a huge piece of important information missing in this situation. Either you or your friend is (or was at one point) involved in something more malicious than simple game-sharing. Either way, sucks to be you...

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yeah there is definitely more to the story here. Sucks that you got banned but it sounds like you clearly violated the ToS and that's the risk you take when you break the rules. Hope you learned from this. Did your friend get the ban hammer as well?

MK Plat = Overrated

Well, since there is no way for them to tell you are actually game-sharing, I doubt they banned you for that. If that was the actual reason they gave you over the phone, use your head man. You could have just said, "Hey, I live in one place and do business in another. I have two places with two PS3s. I thought that was the whole point of being able to put one account on two separate PS3s?" Simple as that.

Simple: The guy game-sharing is preventing the flow of potential revenue. The guy cheating on virtual trophies doesn't hurt Sony's bottom line one bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast