Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Account banned

This is a discussion on Account banned within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; That sucks to be you, i think that's harsh banning you permanently...

Lvl 6 - Silver

That sucks to be you, i think that's harsh banning you permanently

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    HMMM IDK man. Ive been sharing for a year with my neighbor and were both fine. I also know people who share from people in other states and theyre fine. You should have said its your gf or brother or something and you have it dled on your 2nd PS3 for when you go there...

Also before we started sharing I actually called them and asked lol. The lady said its called game sharing but I wouldnt get in trouble for it. She had my name/email all that and like I said weve been doing it since right before last Thanksgiving and were fine...

Do you have anymore details?
    Sony doesnt have an issue with gamesharing, as long you have physical access to the other ps3's.

Ghost Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    I got banned because someone from different IP was downloading games from my account, I gave access to my account to my friend cause his blue ray is broken, nothing I can do apparently, I learned my lesson
    Something's not right. Did you already have 2 PS3's registered on your account? That may be where the problem lies. If not, could you not have said that you had 2 ps3's at two locations?

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Simple: The guy game-sharing is preventing the flow of potential revenue. The guy cheating on virtual trophies doesn't hurt Sony's bottom line one bit.
    True, but hacking into the console would allow pirated games and thus hurt their revenue as well, so it would make sense to ban these hacked consoles more-so than gamesharers.

Noob Member

Banned for different IPs? Wow, I'm always bring my PS3 to my parent's home whenever I visit them, I wonder if I will also get banned for that

illegal in 9 countries

There's definitely a missing piece to this puzzle.

I seriously doubt Sony bans consoles due to game-sharing on different IP addresses. That doesn't allow for consoles to be taken to a mate's house, on holidays, the office etc.

I'm guessing a stolen PSN account was used for game-sharing, or credit card fraud, or offensive online behaviour. Insta-bans are pretty serious and Sony would need a damn good reason to wield that sort of power.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    I guess that's a wake up call for me, I'm retiring, going to focus on kids and girlfriend for now, good luck to all of you, get these plats guys
    Enjoy retirement dude
    Come back on the site and say hi once in a while

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123