Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Game ever make you see red?

This is a discussion on Game ever make you see red? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I did watch the video. I didn't remember the it until I saw the actual fight. Yea, I died a ...

MK Plat = Overrated

I did watch the video. I didn't remember the it until I saw the actual fight. Yea, I died a few times but figured it out pretty fast. I haven't had any trouble with any of the GoW games, luckily. The only game that really made me frustrated enough to turn it off was Motorstorm: PR. That was pretty tough for me for a while until I figured out how to get around the AI rubber banding.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    NO!!! If a game is making you that upset then stop playing it. If it is messing with your vision, stop playing it. I have never raged in the 27 on and off yrs of playing any game that I put in a game console.
    Pretty much this^^ It's just a game, it's not that serious for you to be seeing red from a game. Put it down for a few days and chill. You'll beat it, just not at the expense of your anger/vision.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

just in my wallet!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hmm, I remember for me, this was easier than people said it would be, because I remember being shocked that I beat it so quickly... The most difficult part for me was actually dealing with Zeus near the end of the game. Anyway, my point is, sometimes you just need to take a break, maybe 10mins or a few hours (have a snacks/drinks break or something), and then return to the game afresh. It's all to do with your approach to the game: sometimes you get stuck in the same routine, so if you take a break, you might find a new approach/tactic/strategy that makes the game a lot easier.

I experienced something similar with Mass Effect 3 on Insanity difficulty... I took a day's break between the sessions and eventually broke through.

And if it makes you feel any better (probably not), 43.09% of GoW3 game owners have platted the game.

God of War III Platinum Club - PS3Trophies

Don't worry, just keep trying and you'll eventually get there.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

PRO Member

Relax is just a game not is something to take 4 serious

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    i dont remember god of war 3 being hard....

anywho....

Silver Surfer for the NES

nuff said
    I see your Silver Surfer and I raise you Cliff Hanger for SNES.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

The Incredible Marccap

Only when a guide and members say a trophy/game is easy and you just cant bloody do it lol

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 5 - Silver

Call of Duty, 3 broken controllers thanks to that game.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Don't seem to remember this being that hard Though the Satyr's you just get in the air (L1+X/O if I remember correctly) and the Cerberus you just Plume of Prometheus over and over until the quick time event comes up. Think that's how I did it but it was a while ago.
    But yeah. NGS2 made me rage quit a fair few times, never to the point that I was gonna smash the disc up though lol
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 8 - Gold

There's a nice little trick to you use in that battle. After the guys with spears show up use soul summon to summon a Meduza and turn them to stone. With them out of the way the Cerberus shouldn't be a problem.

Deathless Destroyer

I do get annoyed with some games and sometimes chuck something into the TV/across the room, but I've never gone to the extreme of breaking a disc/chucking the disc itself across the room.

Used to get annoyed so much when I was younger and would throw or smash my controller when I was younger (as a result, both of my Sixaxis controllers have parts of the plastic able to pull apart from the other side, but still work), but there's no way I'm doing that to my precious Dualshock 3.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Angel of Death

At least I'm not the only one getting pissy at games. I have only broken one controller, which was last week, because I really don't have a spare $50. lol In fact the game I was playing was also a God of War game. >_> And I know there are harder games, but when I'm playing NGS2, I'm going into it knowing that it is hard, so I don't get mad because I know I'm going to die, same with Demon's Souls, but I don't expect this to be difficult.

And I tried about another 20 times today, 3 times I killed it, but then those damned Satyr's killed me. I think I'll hold off on this for awhile...

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    At least I'm not the only one getting pissy at games. I have only broken one controller, which was last week, because I really don't have a spare $50. lol In fact the game I was playing was also a God of War game. >_> And I know there are harder games, but when I'm playing NGS2, I'm going into it knowing that it is hard, so I don't get mad because I know I'm going to die, same with Demon's Souls, but I don't expect this to be difficult.

And I tried about another 20 times today, 3 times I killed it, but then those damned Satyr's killed me. I think I'll hold off on this for awhile...
    What difficulty are you playing on? I had no problem with this part on normal.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    What difficulty are you playing on? I had no problem with this part on normal.
    Titan difficulty. It's for the trophy to beat the game on Titan, one of the two I'm missing.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Normally multi player games but then i just take a break or focus on taking out the person who killed me lol.

New York Minute Hardcore does have its moments though.. and I've only attempted it a few times..

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    See, I wish I could do that, but I get so into it that even if it makes me mad I keep going. Usually I will keep going until I accomplish it. I guess I get competitive.

Yeah, I'm the same way. The madder I get the more into and determined I get at trying to overcome whatever it is that is pissing me off.

I've had a couple of games infuriate me over the years. The first I can remember is Battletoads....God that's a game that still pisses me off to think about..

As of late though, I haven't had much problems with too many games. I created a couple of new cuss words playing WipeOut so thats probably the last game that really made me angry. Challenge 6 in Vanquish caused me to break a controller but that was circumstantial, wasn't really seeing red just mildly aggravated. I'd come pretty close to beating it like three times in a row and died at the very last second. Other than those two, can't really think of another instance.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

PRO Member

I'll often swear to relieve my anger, which studies show it does relieve more stress then holding it in....yeah kinda 'duh', yet it's surprising how a lot of people can't let themselves go.

There's only one time I broke a PS3 controller. It was more because things in my life were at a breaking point, and the game, which was suppose to be an escape, just became another frustration. I essentially twisted it until it busted, and ended up stabbing my palm on the newly exposed edge of the controller casing. Yeah, fun times...haha
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_XLII View Post
    Yeah, I'm the same way. The madder I get the more into and determined I get at trying to overcome whatever it is that is pissing me off.

I've had a couple of games infuriate me over the years. The first I can remember is Battletoads....God that's a game that still pisses me off to think about..

And I tried again to no avail. >_> I either suck at this one particular battle, or my game hates me...
    As of late though, I haven't had much problems with too many games. I created a couple of new cuss words playing WipeOut so thats probably the last game that really made me angry. Challenge 6 in Vanquish caused me to break a controller but that was circumstantial, wasn't really seeing red just mildly aggravated. I'd come pretty close to beating it like three times in a row and died at the very last second. Other than those two, can't really think of another instance.
    Yeah, I am going to finish Vanquish sometime soon, but I KNOW that I will lose a controller for Challenge 6; I can feel it. lol
    a

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have a friend who feels very sick, and has the urge to vomit whenever he plays mirrors edge for than 30 minutes

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've got a couple of games that I've got really frustrate with, but these days I'll just play something else instead. I only need hard playthrough trophies for Plat on both Mass Effect 2 and Uncharted, but I'm just not good, or patient, enough. I will go back to both at some point.

I only had one really bad moment years ago. Can't remember which game I was playing, but it was on my PS2. Got so cross I whacked my controller on the floor. It smashed. I felt very silly. I haven't done it again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast