Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Game ever make you see red?

This is a discussion on Game ever make you see red? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; No, not to that point. I have never broken a controller, disc, et cetera. I do rage, but I simply ...

Up the Irons!

No, not to that point. I have never broken a controller, disc, et cetera.

I do rage, but I simply just curse... a lot.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

I have three games (at least recent ones) that come to mind.

Vanquish - I have still yet to beat the last challenge. The worst part? I've died numerous times on the last bogey when he has had a pixel of life left. (literally. One bullet would have killed him.)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - The crap netcode in the multiplayer, combined with my average USA cable connection. I only have 2 or 3 challenges to finish for the platinum, but I can never find a partner with a stable connection. I think it actually makes me even more frustrated when I have a problem and it hast to deal with lag.

Ninja Gaiden 3 - Team Ninja royally F'd this game up, but I'm still trying to enjoy it for what it is. The problem? MNM is unplayable. The frame-rate drops (10-15fps?) any time a group of enemies appear on the screen, and from what I can tell, this occurs at every enemy encounter. Combined with the ridiculous difficulty (I don't know why every new NG game they create, they make the enemies even more grab happy, and most of them are 1hKO). I swear that there is input lag and input dropping as well. The game is a #@$$ing technical mess. I would rather not have to cheese my way through the game with the scythe spamming invincibility frames, but it seems I'll have to to finish it since I can't even play the game.

I love difficult games, so I'll say that Vanquish is my only legit problem. NGS2 is plagued with horrible net-code, and NG3 has technical issues flying out of the wazoo, otherwise I would be finished with them and wouldn't have any complaints.
    YouTube: Sk3pT1kaL

Venire, Videre, Vince

It happens but control the game n not the other way around.

Rangers F.C

Any game I have paid money for and turns out to be cash grab shit makes me rage
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Twitch.tv/liljayr4

play the Ninja Gaidens on master ninja and let me know when you see black instead of red c:

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LilJayR4 View Post
    play the Ninja Gaidens on master ninja and let me know when you see black instead of red c:
    Well, like I said earlier, when I play NGS2 sometimes, I expect to suck at it, and die a shit ton, so I don't get that mad. I will get the Plat for it one day though... I just need to see a therapist beforehand. :3

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I remember the particular part that the op refers to in GoW3. In most cases mate (and it's happend to me), you stick at something for hours and make zero progress. So you turn the game off or whatever, go back to it the next day and do it in the first few attempts and then all that rage will turn you into a world class gymnast since you will be backflipping and somersaulting around the room because you have done it.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. Oh. My. Goodness. May my controller RIP.

Banned

I got pinched in a doorway and died around Chapter 5 of Deadspace 2 Hardcore... I beat the shit out of the couch... a few other games have had me shut the power off... but I can't think of them right now...

... on a side note... it's rather entertaining to see two people post that they don't ever get angry at the games... while one plays nothing but kids games and the other with a hack load of plats... lol... I suppose if I hacked SFIV, GTAIV, SOCOM & so on, I'd never get angry either.

Retired...

It just happened to me like 2-3 times on Choas mode (Very Hard) and failing but I watched shinobier's YouTube and success. Remember it's just a CHALLENGING.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Any God of War game on it's hardest difficulty..

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Local Drunk

Next time a game makes you angry just do this

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

i think it took me and hour to get through the good thing about gow is there is always another combo to try that will help you get through. saying this i have rage moments but as all the rest have said turn it off and come back later for an easier succesful attempt. i cant count how many times iv wasted hours only to turn it off and later got it 1ST GO with a cool head.

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    I got pinched in a doorway and died around Chapter 5 of Deadspace 2 Hardcore... I beat the shit out of the couch... a few other games have had me shut the power off... but I can't think of them right now...

... on a side note... it's rather entertaining to see two people post that they don't ever get angry at the games... while one plays nothing but kids games and the other with a hack load of plats... lol... I suppose if I hacked SFIV, GTAIV, SOCOM & so on, I'd never get angry either.
    Who are you referring to, just out of curiosity?

And fuck yeah! Cerberus can suck it! After about another hundred fucks later, I kicked this bitch's ass! Zeus is nothing compared to this monstrosity.
    Last edited by cengizbobengiz; 11-05-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Resident Deadhead

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    I see your Silver Surfer and I raise you Cliff Hanger for SNES.
    I re-raise Dragons Lair for the NES and Irritating Stick for the ps1.

i think that puts me all in
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    I re-raise Dragons Lair for the NES and Irritating Stick for the ps1.

i think that puts me all in
    Nope, you still have $20

If a game is giving you a hard time, come back later.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

NSFW

Well, I did get mad and rage quitted Earthworm Jim yesterday.... fucking Pete.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Synthwave <3

No, but I think men have more of a tendency to rage because of testosterone. I'm pretty good at controlling my emotions and if I get annoyed with a game then I either stop playing it or take a break. Next time you start seeing red maybe you should take a break, have a snack/drink, relax, take a look at guides to see what they have to say about your challenge, have a few hits or something alcoholic to drink (if you're into either of those), play something more enjoyable and then get back to the game when you aren't feeling angry anymore. Good luck and hopefully next time you can save money by keeping your cool.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Maybe some races in the new Need for Speed Most Wanted, not knowing how to customise my car properly.
    there is always something you need to know, and as they say in my country; if you keep on trying you'll get what you want.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Who are younreffering to, just out of curiosity?

An fuck yeah! Cerberus can suck it! After about another hundred fucks later, I kicked this bitch's ass! Zeus is nothin compared to this monstrosity.
    I just looked at some peoples trophies on the first page... and one guy has at least 15 games with time stamps indicating game save files... hard to get angry at the games when you don't actually play them... including the MP for GTAIV...

... I would be embarrassed to post on the subject if I was doing that...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast