Ryu ga Gotoku 1 & 2 HD

This is a discussion on Ryu ga Gotoku 1 & 2 HD within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So today my wife and I went to this store and I venture down to the basement where I was ...

Closing this account

Ryu ga Gotoku 1 & 2 HD

So today my wife and I went to this store and I venture down to the basement where I was looking at the game section. I saw that new 250gb PS3 and I came across Ryu ga Gotoku 1 & 2 HD. For those that don't know what that is, it's Yakuza 1 & 2 HD. Yes it has trophies if your wondering. I checked Play Asia (Buy Ryu ga Gotoku 1&2 HD Edition (PS3) - Play-Asia.com) and they have it as well. There isn't a Western version of it yet or it might never be one released. Here is the trophy list---> PSMania: Ryu ga Gotoku HD trophies for the translation.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I really hope they come out with an english version. They can drop the dub in the first though, and go full subtitles.

But surely that trophy list is for only one of the games?

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Closing this account

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'm just waiting till Wednesday before I import this, need to get paid first!

MK Plat = Overrated

They may bring out a western version. I know Under Defeat was a Japan-only release for a while. It's now available on Amazon for pre-order. It's slated to be released on 11/28/12. So it all depends on the feedback they get, I'm sure.

Oh...FYI...Under Defeat is an HD remake.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    They may bring out a western version. I know Under Defeat was a Japan-only release for a while. It's now available on Amazon for pre-order. It's slated to be released on 11/28/12. So it all depends on the feedback they get, I'm sure.

Oh...FYI...Under Defeat is an HD remake.
    It's questionable at the moment, I mean no ones certain Yakuza 5 will make western shores now. Sega made a big deal about scaling down to only releasing certain games in all territories and Yakuza doesn't sell a great deal to really be profitable for them. Hope I'm wrong though! Because Yakuza is one of the main reasons I own a PS3.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    It's questionable at the moment, I mean no ones certain Yakuza 5 will make western shores now. Sega made a big deal about scaling down to only releasing certain games in all territories and Yakuza doesn't sell a great deal to really be profitable for them. Hope I'm wrong though! Because Yakuza is one of the main reasons I own a PS3.

Well, I'm not sure on what Sega's plans for the future are. I don't follow gaming news that closely. However, who the hell has ever heard of Under Defeat? I bet not more than 10% of this community and even less from the casual gamers. I only know about it because I subscribe to CGR (best gaming reviewer ever) and Mark did a review on the Japanese version.

Anyways, the one great thing about PS3 is that you are not restricted like we used to be with region locks and whatnot. If you are willing to pay the import price, you can play whatever game is released anywhere in the world. Neeto huh?

PRO Member

Question, if I play Yakuza 4 without playing the others will I understand the story? I found Yakuza 4 for about 5 and I want to get it but I've never played any of them

Cipher sent us to hell

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Question, if I play Yakuza 4 without playing the others will I understand the story? I found Yakuza 4 for about 5€ and I want to get it but I've never played any of them
    There is a mode in the game that lets you see the story for the previous 3 games.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Question, if I play Yakuza 4 without playing the others will I understand the story? I found Yakuza 4 for about 5€ and I want to get it but I've never played any of them

They aren't really that sequential. The only think that may confuse is the introduction of certain characters and themes. But there is a flashback system thing in place to get the background for all the games.

If you find a copy of Yakuza 3 though, do get it. It's not as good as 4 but still a really good game non the less!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

its out in the playstation store for download in japan store
    kinda hoping they will release this to the west early of 2013
    i need this collection in my life
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Angel of Death

Yeah, I saw that on Wikipedia yesterday. I think there are plans for localization, but don't quote me on it.

Closing this account

I was going to pick it up yesterday but I have plains to get something else soon. Would of been nice if I could had written the trophy guide.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I know if they bring it to the west it will be ps store download only that's a fact
    I wanna get all my other yakuza plats before I touch this HD collection
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

Thanks for the replys, I'll get it as soon as I can

PRO Member

I'm 50/50 with this getting a western release though i;m 100% sure if it does I'll buy it seeing Yakuza is my number 1 game series of all time.