Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ?

This is a discussion on What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Think most people are agreed if they don't scrap them they have got to offer an in-game reward for your ...

Rangers F.C

Think most people are agreed if they don't scrap them they have got to offer an in-game reward for your efforts
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Trophies have been a nice addition to this generation but like all well intentioned ideas, there are some who will shit on it by abusing and misusing said idea.

Any discounts for trophies would be abused and lets be fair and honest here, would Sony really make sure it wouldn't be? Not to mention it would be the wrong way to go about gaming, it's for the fun of playing and enjoying the game, not Platting Terminator Salvation to get 50p off a DLC pack.

Apart from a little visual change, i would keep the trophy system as it is, no point scrapping it now, the damage is done for some, I can still play the crap out of Resident Evil 2 or Streets Of Rage 2 without needing trophies because i had many years of gaming exploration before the ding! hit but that's impossible for many younger gamers to comprehend as trophy/achievements are all they know.Saddens me when you see a thread post about a game being great/crap because of trophies.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I would like it if you were presented an option to install trophy sets or not, so you can harmlessly try a game without installing the trophies. Or even have a default setting such as "Never install trophies without administrator permission" (with password protection or something) so as to prevent some cousin or sibling inadvertently installing a trophy set you don't want. That way there's no need to have a removal system at all.

Rewards are nice, but once hackers find a way to hack trophies, the rewards would cease to exist.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Rangers F.C

The last five or so games I have played I have not even checked the trophies at all and already enjoy it more .

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    I would like it if you were presented an option to install trophy sets or not, so you can harmlessly try a game without installing the trophies. Or even have a default setting such as "Never install trophies without administrator permission" (with password protection or something) so as to prevent some cousin or sibling inadvertently installing a trophy set you don't want. That way there's no need to have a removal system at all.

Rewards are nice, but once hackers find a way to hack trophies, the rewards would cease to exist.
    The way it is now I wouldn't even call it a reward , they need to give you in-game stuff for it to be a reward

Lvl 9 - Gold

If you could compared trophies from just one game with friends instead of loading your entire list every time.

Since Aug. 09

ive recieved pshome rewards for earning trophies. something from dead to rights and red dead cant remember though. just switch that around and give the rewards in game and not pshome. there usually cool costumes.

Dominate!

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    The way it is now I wouldn't even call it a reward , they need to give you in-game stuff for it to be a reward
    I wasn't directing it at in game rewards, since you usually get them anyway. For example, skin unlocks for beating a game, special weapon for next playthrough for beating on highest difficulty etc. These kinds of things are unlocked anyway regardless if there were trophies or not.

I was talking about PSN rewards and dlc discounts etc. While they are good and enticing rewards, it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the barrel so to speak.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    I wasn't directing it at in game rewards, since you usually get them anyway. For example, skin unlocks for beating a game, special weapon for next playthrough for beating on highest difficulty etc. These kinds of things are unlocked anyway regardless if there were trophies or not.

I was talking about PSN rewards and dlc discounts etc. While they are good and enticing rewards, it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the barrel so to speak.
    Yeah were on the same page , even though you get in-game rewards now it would make trophy hunting more fun if they were linked and even improved

PRO Member

I don't know if this is a change or more of just a clarification, but I would like the PS4 to show the points/percentage/amount left of trophy collecting until you get to the next level.

I'm still a little uncertain on how the point system works.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    I don't know if this is a change or more of just a clarification, but I would like the PS4 to show the points/percentage/amount left of trophy collecting until you get to the next level.

I'm still a little uncertain on how the point system works.
    Yeah I would also like a total % for all your games collectively

Lvl 9 - Gold

When I play through a game first time I barely look at the trophy list then when I complete it I go trophy hunting and I enjoy doing it so I think they should stay because it makes me do everything a game has to offer which I couldn't do before I would finish a game and that would be it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Unlocking rewards like costumes, avatars and ps3 themes would be cool. I would also like the ability to delete trophies from 10% if I want to as well.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The big thing for me? I would find a way to decrease loading times when comparing trophies with friends. I shouldn't grow a full beard in the time it takes for the lists to load. I guess just increasing the processing power of the system would help a lot, not to mention the positive impact that would also have on the quality of games. Kind of two birds with one stone.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    1) Auto sync when the trophy dings.
    2) Make the trophies ding sooner.
    3) Be able to get rid of games from your list if they are below a certain percentage (around 20%).
    4) Give us discounts on the PS Store for the more trophies/higher level we are.
    5) Give us themes, costumes, etc.for unlocking trophies, like how in Final Fantasy XIII we get cool themes for getting certain trophies.
    Bullseye! totally agree with you.

Deathless Destroyer

Disable DLC trophy add-on until you actually install the DLC. So if a game is 55% with the DLC, you can change the settings to that it's 100% until you install the DLC. Also a special cutscene when you increase a trophy 'level'.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

YnO
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

the answer to those who think the trophies should be eliminated is:

Give the ability to delete trophies.....

that way the trophy whores (like me) can delete those ugly 0% -30%

and the people who dont care about the trophies can delete all as well. or just keep the games you actually enjoyed.

but i agree with all of you who think the trophies ruined the way we play.

and happened to me, the first thing i think when i will buy a game is: the platinum will be too hard???

or inverse.

you play a very awfull game just for trophies **kof kof hanna montana** kof

but i still buy games who are difficult to get platinum because i know the game is good. i mean im not tooo focused in get the trophies

but i accept that the trophies show me new ways to play :p and played more than once just for trophies.

like MGS 2 and 3 i didnt know there was a tsuchinoko in MGS3 i didnt know the funny conversation between emma and jhonny and a lot of other things

so the only thing i would like is: the ability to delete trophies

**nuff said.

PRO Member

• Allow users to remove games from profile
    • Allow users to set their PSN avatar to an earned trophy image
    • Allow users to disable trophies altogether
    • For single player games with medium-high multiplayer focus, separate the trophies into two separate trophy lists, each with their own platinum (this would solve the dreaded grind for tacked on multiplayer modes for a platinum from a singleplayer focused game)
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i would get rid of the trophy system all together because trophies have ruined gamers these days (especially young gamers) and go back to the golden days where you played games because it was actually fun and not to get pointless trophies
    I couldn't agree with you more!
    Accepts All Adds! Killah184

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Get rid of them, because lets face it, bragging rights really isn't a reward
    Accepts All Adds! Killah184

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast