Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ?

This is a discussion on What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The only thing I would change is I would want this song to play when I got my...

Resident PHD

The only thing I would change is I would want this song to play when I got my

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I just want them to carry over trophies from PS3 to PS4 and maybe add points with them to get stuff from the PS store.
    .The Greatest Danger could be your own Stupidity

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    He has over 200 mate I only have 27 maybe read it next time , I was only joking I never even checked his account
    Just because someone has lots of plats doesn't always mean there a hacker. Some have around the same number as you and still have hacked plats.

40oz to freedom

Quote Originally Posted by YnO View Post
    Give the ability to delete trophies.....

that way the trophy whores (like me) can delete those ugly 0% -30%

and the people who dont care about the trophies can delete all as well.

so the only thing i would like is: the ability to delete trophies
    FUCK THAT. I hope we never get to delete trophies.

Everyone would have a perfect trophy list and the horrible completion scrubs would just blend in with true completionists.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

its weird that people are complaining about trophies in general but they are on a trophy site :S

Sig by: djunglist

Ice Cream Firefighter

I would like to see all trophies be hidden trophies & only your first playthrough unlocks trophies so that way a person with a higher trophy count is actually a better player.

That to me would give the trophies more meaning as to how you rank as a player

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 5 - Silver

What would you change about the current trophy system on PS4 , or would you change anything at all ?

I would like to see some kind of in-game benefit to game play like if you finish the game on normal difficulty you are rewarded with e.g a new costume and if there are other trophies for harder difficulties you unlock say a infinite fire for a gun and for lower trophies like bronze and silver once you have unlocked like five bronze it unlocks upgrades for guns and stuff and if you take the time to get the platinum then you get a discount for a DLC for the game . Obviously these things would be different for each game genre but the main point is you want to collect the trophies because it improves the game not just for a pointless amount of trophies which in reality are only something to look at .

This is the best thing that could possibly happen.

Sig by Bladia

Negator

Oh man, this is a tough situation.

Since Sony decided not to leave the PS3 behind on the Achievement system Microsoft had in place for 360, we most likely will never return to a 'trophy-free' state in the near future of gaming. So, it's safe to say PS4 will indeed include trophies, but thankfully Sony has the chance to integrate the next generation trophy system directly into the OS, rather than slap it in months later via hasty OFW updates. This will make trophies 'ding' immediately, and also most likely auto-sync to the SEN.

Having said that, these digital trinkets really have turned us into fiends...whether it be playing a shit game for an easy platinum, or hacking a save file for an even bigger boost in e-peen. I remember the old days. Not when you sat in your house and played Duck Hunt, no...when you were at the arcade. You gotta remember, we put LOTS of money in those damn things, and for nothing but our own enjoyment. I truly think the PS4 should have an option to DISABLE trophies, for people who care more about the experience, rather than finishing quickly and moving on to the next whore game. (lol)

No trophy packs above 0% may be deleted. This would give me the option to get rid of that damned Free Realms, but MLB 09 The Show would stay . If you don't want it on your account, either don't play it, or switch accounts. Hell, most of us have used an alternate account for years already.

I'd like to see more unlocks for content outside the game, similar to what Final Fantasy XIII did with their unlockable themes. You could have all types of rewards, from avatars, to mp3 downloads of in-game music, to behind the scenes exclusive video content. I however, do not support discounts based on your trophy count/level. Even something as insignificant as the discount on XBL, I really don't think it's necessary. Any discounts should be PS+ only, except the typical price drops all games eventually have. This will keep trophy hacking from getting out of control.

The current 'value' system is really good, I think. - no need for any more. DLC trophy packs will appear as they do now, being able to switch between an all inclusive trophy list, or individual lists for each DLC. Overall, the system we have is pretty solid and just needs polishing.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    * provide some quick little cutscene where the main character acknowledges your platinum achievement. In a Star Wars game, you could have Yoda look up from meditating and say something like "hmmm...strong with this one, the force is". In Bioshock, have the player walk up to a Gatherer's Garden, and the Plat trophy falls out, etc.

* If you platinum one (or several) of the previous game titles in a series, you get some sort of boost in the sequel (health, magic, exp, etc), or maybe different costumes/weapons/etc.

*Add a new trophy type (ruby/emerald/pearl/titanium/etc) for games that didn't have/deserve a Platinum, but so that your 100% achievement will still be recognized.
    That is an Awesome idea, the one about the little cutscene.. i'd pay to see that

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by x13ucketheadx View Post
    i would like for there to not be a delay in trophies popping up (sometimes taking 20-30 seconds for it to register) and i would also like for it to sync with the server during gameplay. Not as an individual function but a background process.
    yes. This. Exactly.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    Just because someone has lots of plats doesn't always mean there a hacker. Some have around the same number as you and still have hacked plats.
    I checked and he is .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Royal Flush X2

I checked and he is .
    It's obvious that he is one but my point was to say not everyone who has a high plat count is a hacker though a lot of them are.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was thinking about this last night as the golden age had no trophies and i enjoyed playing games. I have to admit, I have a bunch of Wii games i haven't touched much of in over a year and have a stack of PS3 games (over 150) that i haven't even played yet as it feels like a chore to do some of them. Don't get me wrong, I like trophies and think that we should get some benefit with the store sort of like xbox. I think what i would change and not sure how it would work, but change the trophies that are online when the servers close down. I have so many games i bought and the servers closed and well, can never be gotten. The ones where you buy the "online pass" are the worst when they close down as that was the whole point of them. I'm not sure about a delete trophy option (maybe under 10%?) but even so its for more of a trophy count/rank system. Yes 100% streak and Platinum streak is good (if that is your thing, then I give you high respects). To me I just play a game, I plat it, awesome, if i don't (looking at you MK Vs DC) then thats ok as well as who knows, maybe some day or at least i experienced it and hopefully had fun
    Haven't updated anything on here since the site went down a year ago with the new servers so lost all my friends and post counts and everything looking to help and get help with games and trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...checklist.html My Trophy checklist

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    It's obvious that he is one but my point was to say not everyone who has a high plat count is a hacker though a lot of them are.
    Yeah I agree , the whole thing was only a joke to start with but the more I think about it there should be a thread with the Hackers named and shamed

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Why the Hell would anyone want to hack trophies. I would rather sit for weeks, if needed, to earn it, you just can't beat hearing the wee jingle and then shouting out ''GET F*CKIN IN THERE'' at the TV.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Oh man, this is a tough situation.

Since Sony decided not to leave the PS3 behind on the Achievement system Microsoft had in place for 360, we most likely will never return to a 'trophy-free' state in the near future of gaming. So, it's safe to say PS4 will indeed include trophies, but thankfully Sony has the chance to integrate the next generation trophy system directly into the OS, rather than slap it in months later via hasty OFW updates. This will make trophies 'ding' immediately, and also most likely auto-sync to the SEN.

Having said that, these digital trinkets really have turned us into fiends...whether it be playing a shit game for an easy platinum, or hacking a save file for an even bigger boost in e-peen. I remember the old days. Not when you sat in your house and played Duck Hunt, no...when you were at the arcade. You gotta remember, we put LOTS of money in those damn things, and for nothing but our own enjoyment. I truly think the PS4 should have an option to DISABLE trophies, for people who care more about the experience, rather than finishing quickly and moving on to the next whore game. (lol)

No trophy packs above 0% may be deleted. This would give me the option to get rid of that damned Free Realms, but MLB 09 The Show would stay . If you don't want it on your account, either don't play it, or switch accounts. Hell, most of us have used an alternate account for years already.

I'd like to see more unlocks for content outside the game, similar to what Final Fantasy XIII did with their unlockable themes. You could have all types of rewards, from avatars, to mp3 downloads of in-game music, to behind the scenes exclusive video content. I however, do not support discounts based on your trophy count/level. Even something as insignificant as the discount on XBL, I really don't think it's necessary. Any discounts should be PS+ only, except the typical price drops all games eventually have. This will keep trophy hacking from getting out of control.

The current 'value' system is really good, I think. - no need for any more. DLC trophy packs will appear as they do now, being able to switch between an all inclusive trophy list, or individual lists for each DLC. Overall, the system we have is pretty solid and just needs polishing.
    While I do agree somewhat with what johnny says, I wholeheartedly agree with DJ here. I think it just needs to be polished a bit. It's true that trophies have turned some (if not most) gamers into fiends, they provide me with something extra to do after I complete a game (without going for trophies first)

You can still have fun AND earn trophies at the same time

I don't care about being able to delete shit off my profile and if I did? I'd start a new account. (notice how I haven't? because I don't give a god damn) That is for each person's own personal reasons and doesn't matter too much to me. I still play for fun even though I have some things that will most likely never be 100% or whatever (Mushroom Wars >:F)

I would like to see more like FFXIII rewards. Themes and avatars for earning specific trophies or in game rewards like armor or a certain weapon.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Hero of Kvatch

Being able to delete 0% trophy lists would be nice. NOT deleting trophies, just a trophy list with NO trophies on it.

Ideally though, abandon trophies altogether, I enjoyed gaming more prior to trophies.

"War, war never changes."

Rangers F.C

Would be cool if the PS4 controller had some kind of heart monitor built in to stop all the gamer's killing themselves by playing too long , also if it affected health and ability to advance in games if you were too stressed or scared lol

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I just want to be able to delete my 0% and 1% games. I hate looking at those. Actually, just give me the ability to delete trophies period. I'm sure there's more than one soul that would love to delete their Hannah Montana platinums.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Nothing really, other then the way it's been layed out.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast