Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ?

This is a discussion on What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Autosyncing for sure. It's really annoying that it takes forever to load! Make the trophies actually mean something, like a ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Autosyncing for sure. It's really annoying that it takes forever to load!

Make the trophies actually mean something, like a reward for reaching a milestone of each 1000 trophies, or when getting a plat... a reward could be something like in-game extras (money, weapons, etc. depending on the game of course), or something outside the game like a wallpaper/theme related to the game. A reward for getting to a milestone could be something like a free avatar or a PSN voucher... or getting each 10 plats could be 1 month free PS+ (a good way of hooking in new customers too!)...

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

I make lego out of you!

i don't want them to get rid of the trophy system, but maybe improve on them with more rewards as Qurb said...
    Making plat cards

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I agree with the Auto sync when the trophy dings! I also agree with the higher percentage a person is, they should be rewarded with some sort of discount in the PSN store!!
    Something about co-op trophies have always bothered me tho... I don't know why earning a trophy in co-op mode should count towards earning a platinum trophy...I mean what if there is a trophy hunter out there that doesnt have internet connection and cant get online...they will never earn a lot of plats just because of this... its kinda not fair, I don't disagree with co-op trophies, but I don't think they should count towards plats in the future...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Big problem with making the trophies ding soon is that a lot of the delay is from the game itself recognising an achievement has been earned, and then passing that through to the PS3 system software. But perhaps some of it IS the system software interacting with the game slowly, so it might be possible. It's definitely not delayed by the image, as an image that small would not take 20-30 seconds to load on a system built to load graphics as it's main job.

I would like to see some sort of out of game reward system, like a theme or avatar unlocking for getting the plat so we can show it off. Discounts on DLC seems like a good idea at first, but I wonder how many developers would go for that approach (it would quite possibly mean less dollars in their pocket). Either that or the trophies would be made a LOT more time consuming which is not something I appreciate at the best of times.

Stacking - Machinarium - Hell Yeah - Cuboid - Critter Crunch - Thomas Was Alone - Contrast

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Need smore trophy types like "Diamond Trophy" for platinuming a trilogy?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Like some people already said I would love it if we could get some presents for our hard work, like an avatar or a special background colour for our ps3 card, maybe a bit further: getting points for your trophies whom you can spend in PSN store, just like arch-enemy Microsoft

Retired Staff Member

As it's probably been said, the most reasonable thing for me would be interface improvements.
    ex. When you earn a trophy, pressing the PS Button takes you immediately to that trophy so you can see it's details.

Another thing would be better comparing of trophies. Instead of loading all games (and having it take FOREVER) being able to some how select certain games, either by title, genre, release date, or amount played.

PRO Member

Not much I would do to the trophy system. I find getting trophies to be a chore a lot though now that I've got less time due to working a full time job, trying to start my own business and going out to enjoy my life. I've started pulling away from trophies and while I still like to go for them, I only go after the plat on certain games now. The OCD inside me dies a little at that but it is what it is.

I'd change the player card, and also use trophies and games played to connect you with friends on your list. Like you can hit a button on a trophy and it will show you friends who have played the game that do or do not have a certain trophy. Would make it good to find partners to help.

Also, Sony should make it a rule that all trophies must be obtainable regardless so you can plat your games even if an event has passed or your online is shut down (this would exclude games like MAG that are online only). So for example, if a game is shutting down with online trophies (like MLB The Show Series) those trophies will be adjusted to still be achievable. Maybe a platinum with an asterisk next to it? LOL (baseball fans will get this one).

As others have said, making the trophies pop instantly, sync instantly would help too. Making the trophy system help bring people together more and making it a community feature like I mentioned above would probably only help players and game makers.

NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS - I Will Decline Them

Wanna Boost? - Dead Island Riptide, Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3 Co-Op, Killzone 3 DLC, Warhawk, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Portal 2, Sacred 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Dead Nation

Lvl 6 - Silver

maybe get some in game rewards for certain trophies and I would eliminate ALL online trophies

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would ask if we would want the Trophies when the game is installing. Some Games I don't want the trophies but to just play it. Like the Sport games.
    Jesus is Lord!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

you realize that requesting free shit for trophying is stupid... do you honestly think they give 2 shits how many trophies you get? the reward is the trophy itself... here we go with the self entitlement shit

Saints Row IV

Easier to compare trophies with others (Ex one trophy a a time)
    Oh and ban hackers
    Forever
    Ever
    Forever....
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

I don't understand some of the hatred towards trophies. Nobody is forcing you to go for them. Play them game however you like. I personally manage to enjoy the games that I play and trophy hunting. I don't make my gaming experience all about earning a trophy. How other people play games is their business; just because you feel that they've ruined gaming for you, doesn't mean they should be eliminated all together.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I would like the ability to remove games from your trophy lists... So I get rid of all the 0%-1% that I have

Quote Originally Posted by A random guy on youtube
    If you want to marry a Korean woman, you will have to beat their father in StarCraft first \(-.-\)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Allow people to delete 0% games so people would shut up about it.
    Also auto syncing when the trophy pops as well as streamline the trophy XML data for faster reading and syncing.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Get rid of trophy sync. Shitbox cheevos are so much better to access. Hate having to sync when I have no new trophies

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 1 - Bronze

First of all, some cool screen after getting the plat. An email from devs (can be automated) saying 'thanks for spending few hundred hours for getting this plat - it means a lot to us'. In competetive games like Street Fighter or COD, BF some title saying that you plated this game (especially without boosting, etc.).

Rest is fine. And I would like to have some official Sony widgets to computers/mobiles with our trophies and updates from our friends.
    I can reach out and break you whenever I want...

MY PLATS:
    1 - God of War // 2 - God of War 2 // 3 - Uncharted 2 // 4 - God of War 3 // 5 - Lego Clone Wars // 6 - Killzone 3
    7 - God of War: COO // 8 - God of War: GOS // 9 - Dead Nation // 10 - Deus Ex: HR // 11 - LA Noire
    12 - Tekken Tag HD // 13 - Uncharted 3 // 14 - Heavy Rain // 15 - Uncharted // 16 - Tony Hawk HD
    17 - Tekken Tag 2 // 18 - Force Unleashed // 19 - Killzone HD // 20 - The Walking Dead // 21 - Darkness 2
    22 - deBlob 2

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I like the whole trophy thing but hate the glitches & the over the top non-sense that comes with trying to get certain trophies change having to play a game 3 times or more to get a trophy! Doesn't matter how fun it is & how much you paid for the game!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Hate having to sync when I have no new trophies
    Set the trophy icon to Offline Mode. If it's syncing every time you look at them, you're in Online Mode, and it's pulling the trophy data from Sony's servers rather than your system. The main difference is that the ability to separate a game's trophies by main game/dlc is only available when viewing your trophies in Online Mode. If you only want to check that new trophy you just unlocked while playing a game, change it to Offline Mode. Problem solved.

I'd personally like to see developers add in-game/system unlocks to certain trophies. Avatars, system themes, key art for use as system wallpapers. Simple stuff like that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i would get rid of the trophy system all together because trophies have ruined gamers these days (especially young gamers) and go back to the golden days where you played games because it was actually fun and not to get pointless trophies
    I'm down with that.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast