Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ?

This is a discussion on What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Irish_Dude1987 I couldn't agree with you more! Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx i would get rid of the ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Dude1987 View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i would get rid of the trophy system all together because trophies have ruined gamers these days (especially young gamers) and go back to the golden days where you played games because it was actually fun and not to get pointless trophies
    Both of these seem ironic to me.....solely based on the fact that i'm reading the posts on ps3TROPHIES.com...no?
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

PRO Member

Stop making a trophie for collectables!!

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by jmargraves View Post
    Both of these seem ironic to me.....solely based on the fact that i'm reading the posts on ps3TROPHIES.com...no?
    Lol, a lot of people are ex addicts
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 6 - Silver

unlike most comments i find trophies very appealing and added a flavour to gaming as a whole................as for the changes i said it before and i will say it again it would be nice if one can use his Platinum trophy image as an avatar provided he gets it first of course that way he can share his proudest plat with the world that would be super cool imo

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Lvl 4 - Silver

Not requiring online play to achieve a certain trophy

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Shadow of Mordor, The Last of Us

worlds biggest welch fan

To give us the option to delete low percentages for games that will never ever ever play again.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 3 - Bronze

be able to delete/trophies/complete games

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    1) Auto sync when the trophy dings.
    2) Make the trophies ding sooner.
    3) Be able to get rid of games from your list if they are below a certain percentage (around 20%).
    4) Give us discounts on the PS Store for the more trophies/higher level we are.
    5) Give us themes, costumes, etc.for unlocking trophies, like how in Final Fantasy XIII we get cool themes for getting certain trophies.
    Man, I couldn't agree anymore with this!!

PRO Member

It would be nice if they offered some privacy options. I use my list more as a log of what I've played for myself, as opposed to show to the world.

It would be nice to hide your trophy profile altogether so you could still share your PSN ID, yet others don't have a window into what you're playing unless you want them to.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm gonna say have the information of how much more you need to do for each trophy, ie in some of the rock bands they showed how many more songs you needed to do to get the trophy, how many more points, how close you were to getting it. Also it was in Bioshock it had a counter of how many people you had killed in what way. Would like to have this required somewhere in one of the game menus so you could really track your progress. Really liked it when i have seen it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

online trophies not needed for platinum treat them like DLC trophies and maybe make a different,special ding for platinum.
    and yeah make an unlockable system for trophies is good idea and discount on psn and stuff make it more motivated

Buy my book, Alteration

I'd say make like a rewards system. Each grade of trophy is a different point value (obviously in increasing value) and when you get enough, you could get discounts, PSN money, or really big prizes, like full games.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    I'd say make like a rewards system. Each grade of trophy is a different point value (obviously in increasing value) and when you get enough, you could get discounts, PSN money, or really big prizes, like full games.
    This would lead to a SHIT LOAD of cheating and hacking. I hope your idea never gets used. Ever.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

A leaderboard on the actual PS3, that is easily used and can be used to track everything from completion on games to trophy level.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Saints Row IV

Deleting games under 20%
    No online trophies
    No DLC trophies
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

Trophies synching as you earn them.
    A list on your ps3/ps4 showing which of your friends has earned the trophy. Instead of looking through their whole list of games to find if they have the same trophy. You can have a option on the trophy from your list that will just show who has that trophy.

All I can think of right now.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

A plat a month!

I wouldn't change a thing. I like trophies they way they are now.

I've seen a lot of people who have said "get rid of online trophies" or "make them easier". These kind of people need to know that getting the platinum or getting 100% in a game is not necessary to get the full experience from a game.

Granted, I am a trophy whore myself. I've gotten a few Disney games, such as Up and Phineas and Ferb, and other titles that were known for their easy trophies. I say this out of full disclosure on my opinions. On other, difficult titles, I do feel a sense of accomplishment when I do earn all the in game rewards.

I see other comments too like "I've got a ton of trophies, give me a discount". Why would Sony or another developer open up their wallets just because you have 100 platinums, or over level 25? If you spent that much time to get trophies, and building up your level, let that be your own reward.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    1) Auto sync when the trophy dings.
    2) Make the trophies ding sooner.
    3) Be able to get rid of games from your list if they are below a certain percentage (around 20%).
    4) Give us discounts on the PS Store for the more trophies/higher level we are.
    5) Give us themes, costumes, etc.for unlocking trophies, like how in Final Fantasy XIII we get cool themes for getting certain trophies.
    I wouldn't change anything, and if it to "improve" the trophies; ^ this fellow already said it!
    Platinums : Assassin's Creed II - Batman: Arkham Asylum - Batman: Arkham City - Dante's Inferno - Darksiders I - Dead Space - God Of War I - God Of War II - God Of War III - God Of War: Ascension - God Of War: Chains Of Olympus - God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta - Heavy Rain - inFamous - Mass Effect 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Uncharted II: Among Thieves

Lvl 9 - Gold

Its starting to get a little annoying with all the people saying "get rid of online trophies or make them not count for platinum". Because the purpose of the trophy is to experience a game in full and if the game has an online mode then that is part of the game. They are also supposed to be RARE to get. So only the most dedicated people should be able to earn them even if that means getting to the highest rank in multiplayer, if that is a requirement then you should have to do it for the platinum to show dedication. If platinums were easy then it kinda devalues them and not makes them worth as much. You will also feel much better getting a difficult platinum than an easy one. Example is GTAIV ive been working on that game for over 4 years and that Wanted trophy but I will have such a great feeling of accomplishment once ive done it

Lvl 5 - Silver

Being able to remove games from your trophy profile. I don't want to have games in my trophy profile that I sold again because I didn't like them or I will never be able to get platinum for. I think however that won't happen because Sony will take the greedy approach and think every game you have in your list is advertisement for others who watch your list so there is no point on their side to allow custom removals.
    I would have seriously started another profile if I cared about that early enough but by the first time it occurred to me that I'd like to have some games removed, I already had Uncharted 1 and Resident Evil 5 platinumed and really didn't want to do that again.

I agree that trophies can ruin gamers but for me they're also a motivation to experience everything in a game. I personally don't feel influenced badly by trophies, great epic games like Dark Souls and Skyrim I continue to play dozens of hours after I've got platinum. Not a new feature but regarding this aspect I appreciate that there's now a function to hide trophy messages so people who feel badly influenced by trophies can simply turn the notifications off.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast