Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ?

This is a discussion on What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What would you change about the current trophy system on PS4 , or would you change anything at all ? ...

Rangers F.C

What changes would you make to Trophies on PS4 ?

What would you change about the current trophy system on PS4 , or would you change anything at all ?

I would like to see some kind of in-game benefit to game play like if you finish the game on normal difficulty you are rewarded with e.g a new costume and if there are other trophies for harder difficulties you unlock say a infinite fire for a gun and for lower trophies like bronze and silver once you have unlocked like five bronze it unlocks upgrades for guns and stuff and if you take the time to get the platinum then you get a discount for a DLC for the game . Obviously these things would be different for each game genre but the main point is you want to collect the trophies because it improves the game not just for a pointless amount of trophies which in reality are only something to look at .

Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

-i- love myself.

I wouldn't really change anything, but add different types of trophies or medals.

Prayer Warrior

i would get rid of the trophy system all together because trophies have ruined gamers these days (especially young gamers) and go back to the golden days where you played games because it was actually fun and not to get pointless trophies

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Cipher sent us to hell

I would like for there to not be a delay in trophies popping up (sometimes taking 20-30 seconds for it to register) and I would also like for it to sync with the server during gameplay. Not as an individual function but a background process.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i would get rid of the trophy system all together because trophies have ruined gamers these days (especially young gamers) and go back to the golden days where you played games because it was actually fun and not to get pointless trophies
    I kinda agree with you, but the thing is, is that trophies give you more of a challenge and they also give you a chance to discover things you'd never find playing without them, secret places, messages, etc.. But I wouldn't mind not having trophies, it's just a big plus though.

Rangers F.C

There is no way they will ever get rid of them , so the idea of this is to find a way they could become more interesting for people who collected them and then got sick of it .

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    I kinda agree with you, but the thing is, is that trophies give you more of a challenge and they also give you a chance to discover things you'd never find playing without them, secret places, messages, etc.. But I wouldn't mind not having trophies, it's just a big plus though.
    the way i see it if a developer wants me to explore the world of a game and find all the locations and collectables and what not then reward me for doing so with in game stuff. via characters, costumes, weapons, upgrades, stuff like that. like the olden days. you got rewards for doing stuff in a game and received rewards to keep on playing. what you said is true that trophies allow you to play in a way you wouldn't normally do but so does what i just said. a developer can accomplish everything trophies do with in game rewards.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by x13ucketHeaDx View Post
    I would like for there to not be a delay in trophies popping up (sometimes taking 20-30 seconds for it to register) and I would also like for it to sync with the server during gameplay. Not as an individual function but a background process.
    ^This. I think the part of the reason trophies take so long to pop is because the game has to load the trophy image as well. So maybe the images shouldn't pop only the "You have earned a trophy and the name of the trophy" notification.

Angel of Death

1) Auto sync when the trophy dings.
    2) Make the trophies ding sooner.
    3) Be able to get rid of games from your list if they are below a certain percentage (around 20%).
    4) Give us discounts on the PS Store for the more trophies/higher level we are.
    5) Give us themes, costumes, etc.for unlocking trophies, like how in Final Fantasy XIII we get cool themes for getting certain trophies.

Rangers F.C

the way i see it if a developer wants me to explore the world of a game and find all the locations and collectables and what not then reward me for doing so with in game stuff. via characters, costumes, weapons, upgrades, stuff like that. like the olden days. you got rewards for doing stuff in a game and received rewards to keep on playing. what you said is true that trophies allow you to play in a way you wouldn't normally do but so does what i just said. a developer can accomplish everything trophies do with in game rewards.
    If you read the OP thats what I would like to see , would be cool if they mixed in game rewards with the trophies so you benefit from collecting with rewards , not just a pointless tally

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    3) Be able to get rid of games from your list if they are below a certain percentage (around 20%).
    5) Give us themes, costumes, etc.for unlocking trophies, like how in Final Fantasy XIII we get cool themes for getting certain trophies.
    Yes.. i have games filling my list with 0% and i think we sshould get some bonuses on the psn store for the more trophies we have.. like in the xbox, achievments points and then we could turn them into prizes

Lvl 5 - Silver

This is the biggest thing i think they can and should do.

Lvl 6 - Silver

* provide some quick little cutscene where the main character acknowledges your platinum achievement. In a Star Wars game, you could have Yoda look up from meditating and say something like "hmmm...strong with this one, the force is". In Bioshock, have the player walk up to a Gatherer's Garden, and the Plat trophy falls out, etc.

* If you platinum one (or several) of the previous game titles in a series, you get some sort of boost in the sequel (health, magic, exp, etc), or maybe different costumes/weapons/etc.

*Add a new trophy type (ruby/emerald/pearl/titanium/etc) for games that didn't have/deserve a Platinum, but so that your 100% achievement will still be recognized.

-i- love myself.

I agree with you 100% on this, this would be pretty sick. Maybe you should send that to Sony, see what they say haha. Couldn't agree more.

♚ Overlord ♔

We should get a reward for our efforts, you know throw us a bone at least. Free stuff as always good.

Also make online trophies less of a pain in the ass... seriously. Playing a game online with friends is cool, Playing online win or lose is cool, but if I have to grind to max rank in a game nobody plays or doing something that requires over 5 people to boost we may have a problem.

My final wish would simply be the platinum trophy Ship it to me I don't care, just get it to me somehow.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Part of me is in complete agreement with Johnny on this one. Trophies have changed the way we play and usually not for the better. I love the sense of achievement when I get a platinum but most of the time the effort outweighs the good feeling you get. On the other hand, if they must exist, here are a few things I would like to see (some of these have been mentioned already):

Rewards for Trophies like costumes, themes, avatars, PS Home swag, discounts in the PS Store.
    Lovin the idea of a special trophy for when you get 100% on a game that doesn't have a plat. Like a Jade trophy or diamond or some shit.
    Deleting low percentage trophy sets at will.
    Custom avatar that denotes your plat count or displays the trophy of your choice.
    A mosaic that shows all of your trophies on Playstation.com.
    A special cutscene when you reach a new trophy level.

Closing this account

Going to agree with Johnny on this issue. Most gamers think it is all about the trophies. Screw and disable those trophies.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Different color trophies such as ruby, white gold, and emerald green. Also free early betas to games after earning enough trophies.

Platinum Procrastinator

I completely agree with you on this. In the good old days, we would play games for fun and if we really liked them, we would do multiple playthroughs. Nowadays though, certain developers make it so that if you want all of the trophies you have to do multiple playthroughs anyways. Also you have trophies like collect "x" amount of items and they give you nothing in game or serve no purpose other than being a trophy requirement. On a lot of the older games, if you wanted to collect certain items you would unlock secrets or bonus items which actually made looking for "x" items fun and useful.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I completely agree with you on this. In the good old days, we would play games for fun and if we really liked them, we would do multiple playthroughs. Nowadays though, certain developers make it so that if you want all of the trophies you have to do multiple playthroughs anyways. Also you have trophies like collect "x" amount of items and they give you nothing in game or serve no purpose other than being a trophy requirement. On a lot of the older games, if you wanted to collect certain items you would unlock secrets or bonus items which actually made looking for "x" items fun and useful.
    Kinda like in GTA San Andreas if you tag or take over all rival gangs territory then you get unlimited something.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast