What is...

This is a discussion on What is... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ... Boosting? I saw every game has a thread about boosting trophies, can someone explain that to me? I'm just ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What is...

... Boosting? I saw every game has a thread about boosting trophies, can someone explain that to me? I'm just starting here on this website and gaming community, don't know most of the terms, thank you

Change is mediocre

When you get a group of people to help each other with multiplayer trophies, instead of doing them in a legit game for various reasons (too difficult, dead multiplayer, etc.).

-i- love myself.

Boosting is to help another person or other people achieve a trophy or achievement. Welcome to the site!

Closing this account

Depends on what game has online trophies that are to difficulty, servers are empty...etc. You basically you let someone achieve an objective on you while you do nothing or vice versa. For example there are games that require you to kill 2 people at once. Dumb luck or 2 friends on your list might get you that trophy. Boosting is great for leveling up because sometimes if your opponent is losing then he/she will quit and no experience points for you. People will have their opinion about it but at the end of the day, Oh Well!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah sounds great for dead multiplayer

Deathless Destroyer

Boosting, a popular gaming term. This is most apparent in multiplayer portions of games to achieve certain objectives very quickly. An example of this is Resistance 2 - people boost in the competitive mp of this game for the 10k kill trophy nowadays as it is near impossible to achieve 'legitly' now.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel