Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jak and Daxter HD Collectoin for 2012?

This is a discussion on Jak and Daxter HD Collectoin for 2012? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; A retailer called BT Games may have just of given away the release date of a potential Jak and Daxter ...

PRO Member

Jak and Daxter HD Collectoin for 2012?

A retailer called BT Games may have just of given away the release date of a potential Jak and Daxter HD Collection.

Naughty Dog has been getting a lot of attention for its excellent Uncharted series on the PlayStation 3, but that's just one of the franchises that it's created over the years. In addition to Crash Bandicoot, Naughty Dog developed the Jak and Daxter series on the PlayStation 2. The series is celebrating its 10-year anniversary in a few months (December 4, if you want to get all technical about it), leaving fans wondering how the event will be celebrated. If a recent listing on a South African game retailer's website is to be believed (and that's a big "if"), a PS3 collection of HD remakes could be just around the corner.

Retailer BT Games has a listing for The Jak and Daxter HD Collection, with an estimated January 20, 2012, release date.

Gematsu.com, the site that discovered the listing, says that a source hinted that such a collection was in the works back in May. Judging from Sony's enthusiasm for rereleasing older games from its vault, stranger things have certainly happened.

Before we get too carried away, keep in mind that retailers use placeholder items all the time. We've contacted Sony about the collection, and we'll report back if we hear anything other than "We don't comment on rumors or speculation."

In the meantime, can we all agree than such a collection, if real, would look really nice on our shelves?

Source: Gematsu, via VG247.com

Although it lookes as though it is probably fake a Jak and Daxter HD Collection would be spectaculor.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 7 - Gold

theres some games i havnt played in the series so it would be cool if they made one

Retired

I would LOVE it! I haven't played 2 & 3, Due to them not being available where I am, I would love this!

But what would they rate it? 1st one is for kids, 2nd and 3rd for Teens

The One and Only

the perfect time for me to catch up on the series like i did with Sly Cooper!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Identity Overload

After the GoW collection, I knew this one needed to be done. I'd love to revisit Jak and Daxter with trophy support. Sony and Naughty Dog make this happen

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

Lvl 9 - Gold

If they do, they have GOT to release the 4 original Ratchet & Clank games on the same day

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Like Naughty Dog is going to need more money to roll around naked in after Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. But all kidding aside, it wouldn't be a bad idea, releasing these HD collections is a pretty safe way to make a quick buck for developers. It wouldn't shock me if this happens sooner or later.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

HDD corrupted u.u

I absolutely love this series!! I am a major fan of Jak and Daxter. Can't wait for a collection like this to come out. I have only one game in this series I have not played recursor Legacy.
    [floatleft][/floatleft]

AKA bar by Athena| Avatar by Dare_xLw
    |Signature by Luckay

My showcase

by "Neo Gimp" D1Mech and "Smudgetastic" djunglist

Sigs And Beyond (closed)/Deja View (open)
    Sigs/Banners/Avatars/Headers requests

Lvl 9 - Gold

What we all were waiting for I would love to add this to my collection
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Resident PHD

I'm shocked Sony didn't do a R&C and Jack collection this year. With Resistance, R&C All 4 One and Uncharted 3 coming out it would have been the perfect time. Hopefully we will get them eventually.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Retired

Hope they make this come true, Naughty Dog don't have to be the developers of the collection.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I'm shocked Sony didn't do a R&C and Jack collection this year. With Resistance, R&C All 4 One and Uncharted 3 coming out it would have been the perfect time. Hopefully we will get them eventually.
    actually, i think it's best to wait for 2012 for all that for the sake of our wallets. I can't afford everything like that in a short time

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I believe developers like Insomniac and Naughty Dog prefer to put their entire focus on their current releases, which is the main reason we haven't seen collections from either group. With Insomniac's focus going from Resistance 3 to Overstrike and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, I really don't know where they would have the time to make a Ratchet and Clank Collection, unless they outsource some other company to do it.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 4 - Silver

Jack and Daxter brings me a lot of fun memories. I really love this games.

RPG Master

I got 100% on the three games on the ps2, so its safe to say I will have 3 more easy platinums
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

PRO Member

I would love to see a Jak and Daxter collection Not to mention gathering the trophies from each game favourite game in the series for me i think would have to be the second one...that was both the first game in the series i played and the first free roam mission sort of game i ever played...needless to say i loved it the third one was also very awesome in terms of gameplay id say it was superior to the second..now the first one was the last one i played and i remember it from all the way back to when i got my PS2. I got a disk with with all sorts of demos and trailers with the system. And the "Precursor Legacy" trailer blew me away back then never got around to buying the game though.. at least for a lot of years
    Yeah i think ive 'ed on enough for now

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Mr. X

Would be absolutley brilliant if they released one. I loved the first game and would love to be able to play the second two.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    I believe developers like Insomniac and Naughty Dog prefer to put their entire focus on their current releases, which is the main reason we haven't seen collections from either group. With Insomniac's focus going from Resistance 3 to Overstrike and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, I really don't know where they would have the time to make a Ratchet and Clank Collection, unless they outsource some other company to do it.
    The sly Collection was outsourced and now those guys are doing Sly 4

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    actually, i think it's best to wait for 2012 for all that for the sake of our wallets. I can't afford everything like that in a short time
    Yeah I see what you mean There isn't enough titles in the non-Christmas months so it will be good to wait.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would love to see this come to fruition.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

this would be amazing, i would even like to see jak x racing as a bonus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast