Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Would you still trophy hunt if DLC counted towards platinum ?

This is a discussion on Would you still trophy hunt if DLC counted towards platinum ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Nope. The game without DLC should represent the full standalone experience. Forcing people to pay for additional content to achieve ...

illegal in 9 countries

Nope. The game without DLC should represent the full standalone experience. Forcing people to pay for additional content to achieve a Plat would be highway robbery.

Ice Cream Firefighter

It wouldn't worry me too much I used to be a platinum hunter but I haven't gotten a since August & when I stopped caring about the my enjoyment of games has increased. Don't get me wrong as soon ppl will see me plat BL2 & Skyrim but only because I loved the 2 games so much that I want to experience everything they have to offer me. But I don't believe Sony will change things, but we will know when or if it happens.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Hero of Kvatch

It'd be hard for it to happen, as all DLC would have to be known before the games release. It'd reduce the amount of Day One purchases by a fair amount I'd guess. I go for 100%, as well as enjoying playing the game, the Platinum is just a bonus for me.

The thing is, we live in an age where gamers get raped repeated for their cash by developers and producers. I could see this happening, but I'd expect that to happen first with Micro$oft before it spread.

"War, war never changes."

Change is mediocre

I would, just would mean I'd have a lot less platinums.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yeah, I just probably wouldn't care about the Platinums as much.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

> Restart Button <

Depends on the game really. I don't buy DLC for games that I wont replay.

The Girl Gamer

Nope I wouldn't go for platinum if the DLC counted. I don't buy DLC since that's spending too much money. Only way I will go for platinum is if the game haves the Game of The Year version with all the DLC.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Definately not. If DLC's were to be incorporated into getting a plat, that would change my whole perspective on gaming. I love collecting plats and of course enjoying said game is paramount which would also determine wether or not I would buy DLC in the first place. I have bought and played games that I didn't enjoy but still gone for the plat then sold immediately, at least then I have had my moneys worth from the game and I have a new plat but if this were to happen, I'd start a game and if it were crap I'd just get rid and think that was a waste of time. I hope something like this never happens personally.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

I don't think this is possible anyway, since most DLC comes out after the game is released and cannot be included in the conditions for a plat.

However, nearly all of my plats have no DLC or I bought it, so I suppose it wouldn't change much. I'd probably be even more cautious about buying new games though.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wouldn't. I care less about DLC trophies as it is.

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

i wouldn't like that at all... and i also feel that mp trophies shouldn't count towards plats either... not everyone likes mp or can go online to play mp, also the plat becomes impossible when they take the servers down. but back to the topic at hand: definitely not

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would seriously just give up trophy hunting.. most developers release DLC a week or so after release of the core game or take Assassins Creed 3 for an example DLC on the first day.

For now though I am happy developers aren't doing this, though they could change their minds but I doubt they will then I would push my trophy collecting to the side..

We pay 40/$60 these days for a game with 6 hours replay value and they want to add DLC for an extra 9/$15 which has maybe and hour replay value, getting ripped off as it is.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Nope. Even though I do like buying story related dlc I wouldn't like to buy it just to plat a game. People shouldn't be forced to buy dlc if they don't want to just to plat a game. I like it just the way it is.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Got this idea from a thread I just read , would you continue to go for your platinum trophies if the games developers decided to not award the platinum until you had completed all the DLC as well , this would obviously benefit the game developer but not us , what do you guys think ?
    Its a HELL NO from me but I think this might actually happen sooner or later , it makes sense from there point of view .

I would, I used to care about plats so much and i mean i still do but if i don't get a plat for a game i'm playing it's not a big deal. I really don't see them making DLC trophies part of getting the plat to be honest.

PRO Member

YEAH, I would, but I would never have any plats, and would not buy the DLC...
    but I hope that doesn't happen, plat's are satisfying...

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

PRO Member

I would. Just wouldnt get the plat unless it was a game I deemed worthy of putting extra money into. Like tazer above, I havent really gone for a plat recently. Just been enjoying my games
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A plat is a plat and it's only for the core of a game, period. DLC just messes up the percentage and it's not 100%. A good example is Black Ops with its zombie trophies - basically without a good team it's virtually impossible to complete.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer PL View Post
    A plat is a plat and it's only for the core of a game, period. DLC just messes up the percentage and it's not 100%. A good example is Black Ops with its zombie trophies - basically without a good team it's virtually impossible to complete.
    I hate this, I never understood why they didn't just give the DLC their own percentage bar.....

Sinner and Saint

Not going to lie, it'd piss me off if such a thing were ever implemented. Before PS3 I was a pretty big X-Box fella but I never played games online really. I had about 60ish complete games at 100% and decided I'd finally get around to X-Box live. When I inputted all the info, booted up and connected that 60 fell to less than 30 and I have never been hit in the face that hard. It synced up and added all dlc achievements to the achievement list of games and I was just livid for about a month every time I turned the X-Box on. That's not why I made the switch to PS3 (I did that for all the amazing exclusives) but it could have been an underlying cause. Trophies > Achievements.

But to answer the question, yes, I'd still trophy hunt because I'm a trophy whore/addict, I just wouldn't be happy about the format. But thankfully, it will never go down that way, they would never take back a platinum trophy. The only way this could happen and this a huge reach because it would cause a gamer uproar for developers being cheap and sales would probably suffer is that they would have to add all planned dlc with the game itself (which if they did that they'd be crucified for not adding that content in the game already) and charge a ridiculous amount for the game on release day. So fortunately, we're safe from this happening.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

PRO Member

I enjoy dlc if it has trophys or not as long as it's too a game I'm enjoying.
    Last edited by DrJackel666; 11-11-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast