Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

What should I get this year?

This is a discussion on What should I get this year? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Qurb Since you asked for some I'd say: -Uncharted 3: ( You cannot own a PS3 and ...

  1. #21
    Deathless Destroyer
    Encorporeus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oi Mate
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Since you asked for some I'd say:

    • -Uncharted 3: ( You cannot own a PS3 and not play this, one of the greatest PS3 games ever )
    • -Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit ( A must buy racing game, one of my favorites )
    • -Resistance 3 ( Haven't played any Resistance game before until I got this, one of the best shooters I've ever played, really great game )


    Have fun purchasing games!
    I already have NFS Hot Pursuit.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

    SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

    Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel



  2. #22
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    247
    Reputation
    1

    I'd recommend from your list Uncharted 3 or God of War

    "Jigglypuff is the Finest"

  3. #23
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Give you're into CoD, BLOPS 2. Of the rest, Assassin's Creed 2 with Uncharted 3 close behind. The rest are good games, but these would be the picks of the litter.

    Fallout 3 is a good game, but it's also chock full of bugs, as is FNV. It's not really an FPS either and people who go in expecting it to be, end up disappointed.

  4. #24
    PRO Member
    Shuklar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada (MST)
    Posts
    844
    Reputation
    73

    Seems like you have plenty of titles to already pick through, that you have yet to finish (according to your profile). Even so, I think the Fallout series shouldn't be skipped by anyone into RPGs and/or shooters. They offer the most replay value out the rest of the single player experiences you suggested. Also, their Game of the Year editions are fairly cheap now.

    Are you a student, or...do you have a life or something? I can't imagine only buying 'a couple' of games per year.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

  5. #25
    Deathless Destroyer
    Encorporeus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oi Mate
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    Seems like you have plenty of titles to already pick through, that you have yet to finish (according to your profile). Even so, I think the Fallout series shouldn't be skipped by anyone into RPGs and/or shooters. They offer the most replay value out the rest of the single player experiences you suggested. Also, their Game of the Year editions are fairly cheap now.

    Are you a student, or...do you have a life or something? I can't imagine only buying 'a couple' of games per year.
    I don't work on too many at once, otherwise I'll be overwhelmed by my trophy %'s. I go to high school, so I don't have too much time to trophy hunt and play MP, apart from weekends and holidays.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

    SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

    Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel



  6. #26
    PRO Member
    User011010's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    6th Circle
    Posts
    1,241
    Reputation
    79

    Fallout 3 and Uncharted 3, both are older games so they will be relatively more affordable than the new titles on your list and both games has hours upon hours of gameplay. Not mention DLCs.

    Enjoy

    Avatar by Pancake Model



    Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18




    Platinum Bar by dsluckay

  7. #27
    Deathless Destroyer
    Encorporeus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oi Mate
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    Fallout 3 and Uncharted 3, both are older games so they will be relatively more affordable than the new titles on your list and both games has hours upon hours of gameplay. Not mention DLCs.

    Enjoy
    Don't the other games have hours upon hours of gameplay?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

    SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

    Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel



  8. #28
    PRO Member
    User011010's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    6th Circle
    Posts
    1,241
    Reputation
    79

    Not sure, haven't played them

    Avatar by Pancake Model



    Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18




    Platinum Bar by dsluckay

  9. #29
    Deathless Destroyer
    Encorporeus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oi Mate
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    46

    I'm leaning towards Uncharted 3 and Saints Row 3, though I'm not entirely sure these are the right choices.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

    SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

    Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel



  10. #30
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Wheelerk12's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    215
    Reputation
    1

    Saints row 3 is also a very good game. Its alot of fun im actually heading back to that to start over and pick up the plat just bought the full edition with all the dlc.

  11. #31
    Deathless Destroyer
    Encorporeus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oi Mate
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelerk12 View Post
    Saints row 3 is also a very good game. Its alot of fun im actually heading back to that to start over and pick up the plat just bought the full edition with all the dlc.
    So should I get it with UC3?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

    SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

    Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel



  12. #32
    -i- love myself.
    Qurb's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dark Fantasy
    Posts
    3,724
    Reputation
    158

    Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    So should I get it with UC3?
    You have to get Uncharted 3, you can't have a PS3 and not play UC3, one of the best games out there.

  13. #33
    Lord of all Goat-Men
    Faust's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,376
    Reputation
    351

    Not really sure of the point of consulting other people on what you should buy for yourself. It makes sense if you were comparing, say, GTAIV and Saints Row 3; both similar games (3rd person action sandbox), but with different directions (GTAIV strives for realism and grit, SR3 strives to be eclectic and funny).

    In the spirit of the thread, however...

    You seem to be about 50/50 when comes to SP vs MP, you favour TPS, FPS and racing games.
    I would suggest Uncharted 3 (Strong SP, Good MP, TPS) Black Ops 2 over Battlefield 3 (You've bought previous CoD titles, and this will be more of the same), and perhaps consider Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

    I'd avoid Saints Row 3 because you said you don't have that much free time, and the same goes for Fallout 3 which you should avoid for the same reason, but also because you don't seem to play that many RPGs (the only one on your list is Deus Ex).

    If you're going for maximum value, the God of War Saga and the Assassin's Creed Anthology sets are your best bet.

    Also, where in the ACT are you from? I'm in Belconnen

  14. #34
    Resident Deadhead
    jenkem_addict88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tulsa Ok, -6 GMT
    Posts
    445
    Reputation
    26

    Getting a SNES or something would be way cooler IMHO...
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

    Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

  15. #35
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Cheeseclown's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    9

    based off your list I would suggest uncharted 3 and resistance 3 both are great games in great series. also the god of war series were a lot of fun but they are all pretty much the exact same only differences are graphics and story albeit a good story for the most part also battlefield 3 is a great game but looks like you are a call of duty fan so you might like the online play as much from my experience hardcore cod fans dont like bf3 online.

  16. #36
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Cheeseclown's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    9

    and if you have not played it yet i would highley recommend the first uncharted game I feel it is the best one in the series with 2 being a close 2nd and 3 being a great game but not quite on par with 1 and 2

  17. #37
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    Definitely the Assassin's Creed games. Best series on the PS3 in my opinion.

  18. #38
    Local Drunk
    Feral's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,999
    Reputation
    603

    Uncharted 3, Fallout 3, AC II & III would be my picks.


    Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

  19. #39
    Deathless Destroyer
    Encorporeus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oi Mate
    Posts
    1,073
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Not really sure of the point of consulting other people on what you should buy for yourself. It makes sense if you were comparing, say, GTAIV and Saints Row 3; both similar games (3rd person action sandbox), but with different directions (GTAIV strives for realism and grit, SR3 strives to be eclectic and funny).

    In the spirit of the thread, however...

    You seem to be about 50/50 when comes to SP vs MP, you favour TPS, FPS and racing games.
    I would suggest Uncharted 3 (Strong SP, Good MP, TPS) Black Ops 2 over Battlefield 3 (You've bought previous CoD titles, and this will be more of the same), and perhaps consider Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

    I'd avoid Saints Row 3 because you said you don't have that much free time, and the same goes for Fallout 3 which you should avoid for the same reason, but also because you don't seem to play that many RPGs (the only one on your list is Deus Ex).

    If you're going for maximum value, the God of War Saga and the Assassin's Creed Anthology sets are your best bet.

    Also, where in the ACT are you from? I'm in Belconnen
    What I mean by not having much free time is that exams are close and I won't have much time to play games atm - besides I'm getting games in the summer holidays. Based on your comment, I'm thinking about Uncharted 3, though am uncertain about anything else. I've played many RPG's before at friend's places and borrowing etc, I just have a newish PSN account due to my first PS3 YLOD'ing.

    I'm from O'Malley, btw.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

    SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

    Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO