Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What should I get this year?

This is a discussion on What should I get this year? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The time approaches when I usually buy my couple of games per year, although I'm having a hard time deciding ...

Deathless Destroyer

What should I get this year?

The time approaches when I usually buy my couple of games per year, although I'm having a hard time deciding what I should get..

This is what I currently have:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2
    Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    FIFA 08
    FIFA 10: WC
    FIFA 12
    F1 2011
    Guitar Hero III
    Guitar Hero WT
    Gran Turismo 5
    Need for Speed: Carbon
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Prototype
    Resistance: Fall of Man
    Resistance 2
    Street Fighter IV
    Uncharted II: Among Thieves

Here are my main choices:

God of War Series
    Saints Row 3
    Uncharted 3
    Resistance 3
    Call of Duty: Black Operations II
    Assassins Creed 2
    Assassins Creed 3
    Crysis 2/3
    Battlefield 3
    Fallout 3
    Fallout New Vegas

What should I get?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Closing this account

God of War Series because there great deals all over for them and if played in the right order the story is awesome. Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas if you can get the GOTY version. Sadly I can't download DLC due to having the Korean version of both games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

You can't go wrong with either the Resistance or God Of War series, but you're missing a BIIIIIIG one off your list : the Borderlands series. Do yourself the favor - you'll be VERY glad you did!

Also, I noticed you have interest in Fallout 3. I'm getting ready to sell my copy of the Game Of The Year Edition along with the 752-page strategy guide (GOTY edition as well). Shoot me a private message if yer interested...

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

PRO Member

Ill highly recommend Uncharted 3 aim 4 the GOTY edition definitely a must play own game

Lvl 9 - Gold

You say a couple games so I'll say 2 I think you should get from the list.

Fallout 3 - one of my favourite games in my collection.
    Assassin's Creed II - Also one of my favourite games in my collection however it might be best to get the first one so you get background on the story even though ACII is the best in the series. I can't comment on ACIII yet as I am getting it for Xmas.

I rated both them games 10/10 in my checklist which I do rarely.

Banned

From the subject header I was thinking "a life"... but call of duty 10 would suit your logic... if not, maybe a kangaroo.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I say either both of the Assassin's Creed games or both of the Fallout games. It seems from your 'what I have list' you dig enough FPSs. So if u wanna play a FPS with an RPG feel get the Fallouts. If you have never played an Assassin's Creed game, get AC2. It's more than affordable by now and an amazing game IMO. Both are two of my favorite franchises.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    God of War Series because there great deals all over for them and if played in the right order the story is awesome. Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas if you can get the GOTY version. Sadly I can't download DLC due to having the Korean version of both games.
    Just get the game save files... and load them up!

Deathless Destroyer

I played AC I a while ago. One which I forgot to mention was Killzone - i'm still not too sure.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    Just get the game save files... and load them up!
    Not following site rules will get you in trouble. http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/an...gulations.html

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    From the subject header I was thinking "a life"... but call of duty 10 would suit your logic... if not, maybe a kangaroo.
    Already have a Kangaroo, eats up my plants

PRO Member

Based on your "currently own" list, you seem to most enjoy first person shooters, sports, racing, and a bit of adventure and music.

I encourage you to expand your gaming genre resume and explore the amazing RPG world of Fallout. It is a first person shooter or third person shooter (you can choose your camera angle and type on the fly) Fallout 3 is generally regarded as slightly better than Fallout New Vegas but both are great, and you can find editions with all the DLC for a good price these days. Just beware that the game tends to freeze often because its just so big, so SAVE OFTEN and be patient. Beware that these games aren't all action, so they're not for everyone. Some people find the pace too slow. If you have the patience to endure parts of less action, you will see that the reward of exploration and interesting NPC dialogue more than makes up for the times of little action.

Battlefield 3 will be bumpin for a long time. You'll find plenty of online activity, and it seems to be a pretty good game. I think its the first console title to have anti-aliasing, which is pretty neat. Plus it best fits your evident interest in military FPS' with popular multiplayer.

God of War is an astounding audio/visual experience. If you have a surround sound system GOW3 is definitely a title you should have for ear-candy (and eye-candy).
    Steaming pile of helpful tips

Lvl 8 - Gold

- Battlefield 3 Premium Edition (you'll get Premium and all the DLC for free. It's cheaper if you get the Premium)
    - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    - God of War Saga (has all 5)

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    - Battlefield 3 Premium Edition (you'll get Premium and all the DLC for free. It's cheaper if you get the Premium)
    - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    - God of War Saga (has all 5)

I already have Deus Ex: Human Revolution

It has good gameplay IMO, and an exceptional story and intro credit, apart from the rather retarded AI.

Toggle Spoiler

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by 10000 Days View Post
    Based on your "currently own" list, you seem to most enjoy first person shooters, sports, racing, and a bit of adventure and music.

I encourage you to expand your gaming genre resume and explore the amazing RPG world of Fallout. It is a first person shooter or third person shooter (you can choose your camera angle and type on the fly) Fallout 3 is generally regarded as slightly better than Fallout New Vegas but both are great, and you can find editions with all the DLC for a good price these days. Just beware that the game tends to freeze often because its just so big, so SAVE OFTEN and be patient. Beware that these games aren't all action, so they're not for everyone. Some people find the pace too slow. If you have the patience to endure parts of less action, you will see that the reward of exploration and interesting NPC dialogue more than makes up for the times of little action.

Battlefield 3 will be bumpin for a long time. You'll find plenty of online activity, and it seems to be a pretty good game. I think its the first console title to have anti-aliasing, which is pretty neat. Plus it best fits your evident interest in military FPS' with popular multiplayer.

God of War is an astounding audio/visual experience. If you have a surround sound system GOW3 is definitely a title you should have for ear-candy (and eye-candy).
    I already know about how Fallout, GoW, and BF3 play out - I've read a lot about it and seen gameplay on YouTube. I even played a bit of Fallout 3 years ago, albeit I was an amateur at games at the time, and didn't know much about how the AI in games worked (now I know a lot more).

I have 7.1 Surround Sound on a projector, but only use it for movies. Used to use it for PS3 gaming back in 07.

Prayer Warrior

i highly recommend the god of war series. you can get the first 5 games in 1 collection for cheap. it's so worth it. and uncharted 3 is a great play as well. the multiplayer was done really well with this title and adds infinite replay ability

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

-i- love myself.

Since you asked for some I'd say:

• -Uncharted 3: ( You cannot own a PS3 and not play this, one of the greatest PS3 games ever )
    • -Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit ( A must buy racing game, one of my favorites )
    • -Resistance 3 ( Haven't played any Resistance game before until I got this, one of the best shooters I've ever played, really great game )

Have fun purchasing games!

Lvl 7 - Gold

In all honesty man, I don't think you will be too disappointed with any of the games you have in your want list. Although I have never cared for the battlefield games or Treyarch's CODs personally. Still a strong list of games to buy.

Crocodile Hunter

Black Ops 2 has the most replay value due to MP hours

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Posted in red, GoW series the most

God of War Series
    Saints Row 3
    Uncharted 3
    Resistance 3
    Call of Duty: Black Operations II
    Assassins Creed 2
    Assassins Creed 3