Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Completely New Mass Effect Game In The Works.

This is a discussion on Completely New Mass Effect Game In The Works. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; They seem to be asking fans what they want. Whether they stick to what the fans want or not is ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

They seem to be asking fans what they want. Whether they stick to what the fans want or not is another matter, but I'm gonna keep my eye on this. Can't wait for the trilogy to drop next month, even if it's just so I can get my hands on Mass Effect 1...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Meh...gameplay is nice but customization isn't deep enough to make it that interesting for me. I liked the first one, the second one was a bit of a letdown and I've yet to play ME3. I really think it's one of the most overrated franchises of this generation.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    The graphics are pretty bad though IMO.
    Not in the Mass Effect games I played
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Ice Cream Firefighter

Mass Effect 4 has been announced & they will be using a program called the Frostbite Game Engine

Frostbite is a game engine developed byEA Digital Illusions CE, creators of the Battlefield series. The engine currently is designed for use on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 platforms and is adapted for a range of video game genres. The engine was first used by DICE to create first-person shooters, but it has been expanded to include various other genres such as racing and real-time strategy and is employed by a number of EA studios. Thus far, the engine is exclusive to Electronic Arts with all titles being published by EA.
    DICE used the first generation of the engine for their in-house games Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield 1943, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The Frostbite engine launched with the release of Battlefield: Bad Company; subsequent titles employed an updated version referred to as Frostbite 1.5. Frostbite 1.5 was also used for the multiplayer component of Medal of Honor which DICE developed. (The single-player was developed by another EA studio with the Unreal Engine 3.) The next generation of the engine, Frostbite 2, debuted with the release of Battlefield 3. The creation of Frostbite 2 started the first usage of the Frostbite engine by other EA studios other than DICE. So far, the games that Frostbite 2 has been implemented in are Battlefield 3, Need for Speed: The Run, and Medal of Honor: Warfighter. Upcoming games using the engine include Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, Command & Conquer, Dragon Age III: Inquisition and the next Mass Effect game.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

INTJ

it will feature a brand new original soundtrack by skrillex and remove all those stupid RPG elements

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

News: BioWare asks fans: 'Should Mass Effect 4 be a prequel?' - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

[top]BioWare asks fans: 'Should Mass Effect 4 be a prequel?

Casey Hudson, executive producer of BioWare's Mass Effect series, has asked fans if the fourth entry in the franchise should be a prequel or a sequel.
    Parsing through your thoughts on the next #ME game. Would you be more interested in a game that takes place before the trilogy, or after?", he posted on Twitter last night.This isn't the first time Hudson has canvassed fans for ideas, in November he revealed BioWare is "in early stages of designing" the next Mass Effect and invited his Twitter followers to tell him what they'd like to see in the game.
    The sequel or prequel is in development at BioWare Montreal with support from Edmonton.
    It has been confirmed it will be powered by EA's Frostbite engine, enhanced by systems built forDragon Age 3, and that 'there will be no more Shepard'.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    Never played a Mass Effect game before. Hearing people saying about how great/awesome it is, it keeps me wondering, "What's so good about this game that everybody loves", I would never find the answer to this question until I actually play the game though. One of the reasons I haven't picked this game up is because I'm not a big fan of RPG games, but I'm not afraid to try it.
    Trust me mate they are probebly the best games ever made I was like u I hated RPG's but after I played me2 I now play nothing but rpg from mass effect to borderlands and fallout the first one isn't even on the same level as 2nd or 3rd played on Xbox but hopefully they would have fixed the controlls on the ps3 ver just bought on psn waiting for it download if u played the others h need to play the first to know the whole story looking foward to this one finally on ps3 Xbox for never lol didn't think Microsoft would ever sell the rights for a ps3 ver that's why ME2 was sold with the interactive comic the cerbus network showing ps3 community what happend in the first got my plat for the ME2 and 3 now looking foward the plating the first

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers86 View Post
    Trust me mate they are probebly the best games ever made I was like u I hated RPG's but after I played me2 I now play nothing but rpg from mass effect to borderlands and fallout the first one isn't even on the same level as 2nd or 3rd played on Xbox but hopefully they would have fixed the controlls on the ps3 ver just bought on psn waiting for it download if u played the others h need to play the first to know the whole story looking foward to this one finally on ps3 Xbox for never lol didn't think Microsoft would ever sell the rights for a ps3 ver that's why ME2 was sold with the interactive comic the cerbus network showing ps3 community what happend in the first got my plat for the ME2 and 3 now looking foward the plating the first
    Well good luck going after the for ME1. I'm thinking about picking up the ME Trilogy soon.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    Well good luck going after the for ME1. I'm thinking about picking up the ME Trilogy soon.
    It doesn't seem that difficult. Just requires 3 playthroughs, and some care with some of the squadmate trophies.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ive got mixed feelings about another Mass Effect.

I played ME2 and 3 to completion and loved both of them. ME3 was my game of the year untl Borderlands 2 landed and im planning on getting the ME Trilogy and going through all 3 games one after another (i sold ME2 and 3 to fund further gaming)

I just fear that a new story in the ME universe would not capture the epic nature of the Shepard trilogy and might cause damage to what is currently one of my favourite gaming series. Having said that if the right writers are on the case and in form then a fourth game may just capture the essence of what made the current games so good.

Fingers crossed is all i can say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12