Any good Bluetooth/Wireless Headsets w/ Microphone Functionality?

This is a discussion on Any good Bluetooth/Wireless Headsets w/ Microphone Functionality? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; After about 7 years of having a PS3 I have been thinking about getting myself a headset for online chat, ...

Deathless Destroyer

Any good Bluetooth/Wireless Headsets w/ Microphone Functionality?

After about 7 years of having a PS3 I have been thinking about getting myself a headset for online chat, ambient sound cancelling, and for starting my YouTube career of popularity I'm thinking of buying one within the range of $100, though there are many good options and I am having trouble about what I want to get.

Any thoughts?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

The only sane person here

You can't go wrong with the official PS3 headset Amazon.com: Wireless Stereo Headset: Video Games. Really good for the price and comes with a lot of features such as 7.1 surround (PS3 only) and a slider to change volume of game or mic noise.

-i- love myself.

Here are a pair of some really good headsets:

A50 WIRELESS HEADSET - The price is a bit more expensive from what you asked for though.
    A50 WIRELESS HEADSET

Or just get a pair of Turtle Beach headphones, I owned Turtle Beach's before and they were awesome! This is the one I had:
    Ear Force PX21

Crocodile Hunter

I have Sharkoon X-Tatics

Sig by Apokolypz

illegal in 9 countries

Wow! How'd you manage to get a PS3 a full year before the rest of us

Go with Turtle Beach or the official Sony headset if you're a tight-arse. Astro Gaming Wireless A50's if you've more dough to blow.

Head to ozgameshop.com to save some bucks.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Get the new Playstation 3 Headset. It's $65 more but it has added functions, its physically smaller, and an overall improvement on the original.
    Still 7.1 channel (Simulated) audio, and now with vibration capability (I think).

Official Sony 7.1 Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset PS3 - ozgameshop.com

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Wow! How'd you manage to get a PS3 a full year before the rest of us

Go with Turtle Beach or the official Sony headset if you're a tight-arse. Astro Gaming Wireless A50's if you've more dough to blow.

Head to ozgameshop.com to save some bucks.
    Bought at over $1000 at Release Date in 2006.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Lvl 5 - Silver

Go with the Pulse Wireless Headset. Well worth the $150 especially for FPS and bluray movies.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Bought at over $1000 at Release Date in 2006.
    Nov 2012 - Nov 2006 = 6 years
    Or more clearly, 12 - 6 = 6.

The PS3 wasn't released in Oz until March 23, 2007. That's closest to 5 1/2 years.

I can't wait to hear some of your fishing tales - "I swear it was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big!"

Anyway...JK. $1000? Ouch. I picked mine up for $700 at Big W a few months later.

Try the Sony headset - http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-access...-1-headset-ps3

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    You can't go wrong with the official PS3 headset Amazon.com: Wireless Stereo Headset: Video Games. Really good for the price and comes with a lot of features such as 7.1 surround (PS3 only) and a slider to change volume of game or mic noise.
    I would go with this one if you are in the $100 range. Super easy setup, no cords, and you are rollin.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Nov 2012 - Nov 2006 = 6 years
    Or more clearly, 12 - 6 = 6.

The PS3 wasn't released in Oz until March 23, 2007. That's closest to 5 1/2 years.

I can't wait to hear some of your fishing tales - "I swear it was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big!"

Anyway...JK. $1000? Ouch. I picked mine up for $700 at Big W a few months later.

Try the Sony headset - Official Sony Wireless Stereo 7.1 Headset PS3 - ozgameshop.com
    Hah, I caught my first carp on camp some months ago, and I swear it was 30cm!

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the Turtle Beach P11's, which when I saw them were $88. Are these good?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

As a user of the official Sony headset, I highly recommend it! High-quality build, and it blew my mind when I used it to watch bluray movies (that purpose didn't even cross my mind when I bought it at the time, thought I'd only use it for gaming...).

For me, build quality is probably the most important thing. I'd heard that the Turtle Beaches aren't the best in terms of build quality... Trittons and Astros are probably for the higher end of the market, especially the Astros + mixamp.

But you won't go wrong with either of the Sony headsets (I have the older model), since they are purpose-built for the PS3 with on-screen notifications and the like.

The new Sony headset is actually cheaper at mightyape ($144 + $4.90 shipping, at time of writing):

Sony PS3 Pulse 7.1 Wireless Stereo Headset Elite Edition for PS3 - Buy Online & Save at MightyApe.com.au

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)