Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

it only took me forever but...

This is a discussion on it only took me forever but... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s Of course graphics are important, but they're only one component. Aren't you the guy who said ...

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Of course graphics are important, but they're only one component.

Aren't you the guy who said you didn't play Mass Effect because the graphics were poor? The gameplay and the graphics are both exceptional, as is the story, character development and setting. A game like Mass Effect simply wasn't possible until this generation.
    I didn't like the storyline and the gameplay, on top of the graphics, but that's my opinion. I don't really like alien-looking weapons and stuff, apart from Resistance.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    I didn't like the storyline and the gameplay, on top of the graphics, but that's my opinion. I don't really like alien-looking weapons and stuff, apart from Resistance.
    Well my opinion is old games look like shit, it's no less valid. That's not because I haven't played them, I've been gaming since the days of Pong. It's just that I've been there, done that and I'm not looking back.

Lord of all Goat-Men

I agree. I can't get back into old games, even with the power of nostalgia. I still have a collection of all my favourite PS1 and PS2 titles, but I'll most likely never touch them again, until they're re-released in HD like Resident Evil 4.

Deathless Destroyer

I remember playing games like Shadow of Rome and MGS on my PS2, but this is getting slightly off-topic..
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Why play the shitty old PS2 versions when there are new and improved HD versions? Trophies and improved presentation give me a reason to play them, otherwise I'd skip them completely...PS2 games look truly awful on PS3. If I want to play ugly, low-res games, I'll fire up my Wii.

I don't play games just for trophies, I play what I want across all genres, depending where the mood takes me. Yes, that includes Monopoly Streets - it's fun to play with my family, the Plat is just a bonus
    Why are the PS2 versions shitty? Because it has no wanna-be HD graphics (which, again, isn't even HD)? Because it is old? Also, again, some of them don't even have a PS3 version, and some of those that do have had some changes made to them (SotC was easier and more enjoyable on the PS2, for example). If the game is good and worth replaying, I'll gladly do so regardless of it's age and it not having trophies, even more when considering I don't game to get trophies, but because I enjoy it.

If the trophies are just a bonus, and you know they aren't even re-skinned in true HD, why say you won't play them because they lack either? Your contradicting yourself .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Rangers F.C

Why did the PS3 stop playing PS2 games ? I am guessing but was it to force you to buy PS2 games off PSN
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Good to see someone getting hold of the old beast, i miss mine because for all the HD versions of top games out there, you won't get a shiny GTA III, SOS The Final Escape, Timesplitters 2 or Quake 3 Arena ( though there's a PC for that ). HD versions of PS2 games have been both equal to the original titles impact ( MGS 2, MGS 3, Jak And Daxter) or downright insults to the supposedly shoddy looking originals ( Devil May Cry, i'm looking at you in particular ).
    I give not one toss if these HD versions have trophies or not, i'd rather a cheaper, spruced up classic with some online content in the case of Timesplitters 2 than a rush job port of a decade old title with a Platinum trophy on the bell end of it.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Why did the PS3 stop playing PS2 games ? I am guessing but was it to force you to buy PS2 games off PSN
    To reduce production costs, and thus, cinrease their profit, but we all know they also did it to make you buy the games' re-skinned HD ports and PS3 Store counter-parts.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Why are the PS2 versions shitty? Because it has no wanna-be HD graphics (which, again, isn't even HD)? Because it is old? Also, again, some of them don't even have a PS3 version, and some of those that do have had some changes made to them (SotC was easier and more enjoyable on the PS2, for example). If the game is good and worth replaying, I'll gladly do so regardless of it's age and it not having trophies, even more when considering I don't game to get trophies, but because I enjoy it.

If the trophies are just a bonus, and you know they aren't even re-skinned in true HD, why say you won't play them because they lack either? Your contradicting yourself .
    Agreed , its a joke all these so called HD collections I only buy PS2 games off PSN because I got rid of all my PS2 games years ago but think its pure pish to take away the ability to play on PS3
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 7 - Gold

They didn't force you to buy anything. The Wii had this transition too.

(Old system still available, with original box )
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

PRO Member

fat 60g was my first ps3. still have it. only bought a slim cause my old fat quit reading BD. Sold my ps2 when I got my fat, didn't need it anymore. Played all my ps2 games on it, I still play my old Socoms on it. All the originals are better than Socom 4. If they ever make an HD of those or the original Ghost Recon's, then I guess I wouldn't need my fat anymore. It still plays DVD's and PS2 games. I put a 500GB HD in it and use it for all my downloadable content as my 320GB slim was completely full and is now for disk based gaming only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12