Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So SpikeTV announced it's VGA nominees for 2012...

This is a discussion on So SpikeTV announced it's VGA nominees for 2012... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I prefer the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Video Game Awards to the VGA's any day but I love ...

PRO Member

I prefer the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Video Game Awards to the VGA's any day but I love Journey being up there instead of Halo 4 (Take that XBox!). My guess is Assaaain's Creed 3 but Dishonored could take it as well. The hate towards the Mass effect 3 ending (and subsequent Extended Cut controversy) probably makes it as much a surprise that it reached the Final 5 as The Walking Dead or Journey, if you ask me.
    If Journey gets it, the VGA's would prove they actually look at every game (not just big blockbusters like most awards in games) but this is the Spike VGA's, so I won't get my hopes up.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    I just watch for the trailers and game reveals
    pretty much this

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    I just watch for the trailers and game reveals
    Yup.
    (short comment).

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

Of the list Journey is definitely GOTY but I'm surprised not to see Borderlands 2 in there...
    Or Halo 4, I don't have an Xbox and I don't really care, but boy oh boy, some fans must be tearing their eyes out from all the rage.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    VGA's are Paid advertisement spots.

not suprised not alot of actual good games made it on the list.

meanwhile ill be supporting the /V/GA's

/v/GAs - Categories and Nominations

also laughing at the fact that the Wii's game of the year page is filled with amazing exclusives while the 360/PS3 page only has one and the rest are filled with third party shit.
    Honestly, I tried watching those awards last year and it was just mindless troll nonsense that gamers who troll in forums watch. I mean their GOTY award is called "Game we hated the least" It is not entertaining in the least bit and has earned the spot as the worst video game awards show in my opinion.

Anyways I am soooooo glad that they included The Walking Dead. People who say that it does not deserve a spot clearly have never played it. Telltale has created a masterpiece and I am a fan of theirs for life

Sig by Bladia

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Any awards, no matter how 'legit' ( the answer being none really ) should be going to the only three games that deserve it. Journey, The Walking Dead and Borderlands 2.

Can honestly say out of 20+ games of 2012 i've played, only those three are standout with some love going out to Binary Domain, Max Payne 3, The Darkness II and Lego Batman 2, it's been a poor year overall. Now next year, well, that will be interesting!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I mean their GOTY award is called "Game we hated the least"
    /v/ hates everything (even the /v/ga's.) It's the equivalent of Star wars Prequel hatred (They hate the new stuff so much because they love video games)

so it makes sense.

(honestly the only thing /v/ hates the least are Valve, Nintendo (only people who hate on it are usually sony fans and/or the usual 4chan troll), Deus Ex, various well done indie games like hotline miami, and CD Projekt.)

most of the humor is inside jokes but the votes and explanations behind them are really well done. they filtered out the votes from outside sources to avoid contamination from reddit and other shitty sites.

not to mention they had a bunch of /v/-related people do a bunch of cool stuff for the show (nyanners and "duke" did voice acting, The Best Gamers had a cameo, alot of people provided videos for comedy inbetween votes, etc.)

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

well i voted dead or alive 5 as best fighting game
    got some votes in for journey and AC3
    i was bored so i voted i most likely wont check to see who wins anyway
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

I just picked up the Journey/Flower/fl0w collection based on this. I have the walking dead in my backlog, I need to try and get on this before the end of the year. Im kinda shocked they didnt put COD:BOII in for the GOTY.

PRO Member

My votes are in

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Hope AC3 or Dishonored win GOTY, both are amazing games. I got a chance to play them at a friends house, awesome games. I just don't have the money at the moment to purchase them.
    I would give it to ACIII , Dishonored is a great game but IMO it all gets pretty old real quick , I only had the game 2 weeks before I got bored with it and traded it in lol
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

A show to reward quality put on by a network that has none. By the look of their programming, I'm not too interested in their viewers opinions either.

#TrailerTrash
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12