Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81

Black ops 2 probably the worst cod yet

This is a discussion on Black ops 2 probably the worst cod yet within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I don't get you people. Every year I read the same reports over and over, yet every year you run ...

  1. #21
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    I don't get you people. Every year I read the same reports over and over, yet every year you run out first day and buy the game.

    Call of Duty breaks sales records every year, but it almost seems like 75% of the people who bought it, hate it.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  2. #22
    -i- love myself.
    Qurb's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dark Fantasy
    Posts
    3,724
    Reputation
    158

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I don't get you people. Every year I read the same reports over and over, yet every year you run out first day and buy the game.

    Call of Duty breaks sales records every year, but it almost seems like 75% of the people who bought it, hate it.
    This is absolutely true. Haven't got my hands on it yet but when I buy it, I know I'll like it.

  3. #23
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    It looks like its changed quite a lot from it's predecessor's.
    It has people just say the same every yeah "oh it's been the same for past 6 years" without giving it chance when they actually do change it

  4. #24
    -i- love myself.
    Qurb's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dark Fantasy
    Posts
    3,724
    Reputation
    158

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    It has people just say the same every yeah "oh it's been the same for past 6 years" without giving it chance when they actually do change it
    I guess people like to deny the changes made to make the game look bad.

  5. #25
    Buy my book, Alteration
    Digitalman123's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a very very... maaaaad wooorld
    Posts
    2,735
    Reputation
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by Artithan View Post
    Woah woah woah. Your saying its a NEW game?! When was the last REAL new part about a COD game. From my view its been the same for the past 6 years.
    Oh it has changed all right.


    Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

  6. #26
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    i haven't played online because i despise online CoD but other than that i whole heartedly disagree with you on this being the worst. it's actually the best CoD game i've ever played and the first one added to my collection since CoD 2 big red one

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  7. #27
    -i- love myself.
    Qurb's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dark Fantasy
    Posts
    3,724
    Reputation
    158

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i haven't played online because i despise online CoD but other than that i whole heartedly disagree with you on this being the worst. it's actually the best CoD game i've ever played and the first one added to my collection since CoD 2 big red one
    Wow, it's been awhile since a COD game has been in your collection. Must be a great game.

  8. #28
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    I disagree as well (I haven't had a problem thus far). I love every CoD game, but this has to be the best CoD since MW1, and is definately in the Top 3 in the series.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  9. #29
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    aza201's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    17
    Reputation
    0

    I was reading this thread, then PS360 said something nice and I think I fell into shock or something...

    All I want Black Ops 2 for is more zombies.
    Finally got round to resetting my account..



  10. #30
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    312
    Reputation
    10

    Maybe its because i havent played it much but I haven't experienced any problems other than that piece of shit they call servers. I have noticed that when I played online I was constantly respawning behind the opposing team, I'm pretty sure they hated it but I'm gonna be pissed off when they do that to me

  11. #31
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Wow, it's been awhile since a COD game has been in your collection. Must be a great game.
    dude it's been close to a decade since a CoD games has been in my collection. and yeah man this game is by far the best CoD ever made in my opinion. the writing is clever and the choices you make in game have real weight to them. and zombies is a blast dude. the best zombie mode in all of CoD games. this game is a must buy even for Cod haters like me cause it's really well done.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  12. #32
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Artithan View Post
    Woah woah woah. Your saying its a NEW game?! When was the last REAL new part about a COD game. From my view its been the same for the past 6 years.
    I hate people who say stuff like this. If you look at all of the changes from COD4 to now and you still think it is the same game than you are blind and need to find a new hobby because gaming is not for you. I guess its wrong for Activision to make money by releasing a COD every year too. The only reason people complain about COD is because it sells extremely well and caters to a more casual audience. FROM Software is about to milk the living hell out of the Souls series, but you won;t see anybody complaining about that. There have been dozens of Final Fantasy games, but you see more complaining about COD then FF. I mean, it is getting to the point of being ridiculous. Don't hate something just because it is popular.

    Sig by Bladia


  13. #33
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I hate people who say stuff like this. If you look at all of the changes from COD4 to now and you still think it is the same game than you are blind and need to find a new hobby because gaming is not for you. I guess its wrong for Activision to make money by releasing a COD every year too. The only reason people complain about COD is because it sells extremely well and caters to a more casual audience. FROM Software is about to milk the living hell out of the Souls series, but you won;t see anybody complaining about that. There have been dozens of Final Fantasy games, but you see more complaining about COD then FF. I mean, it is getting to the point of being ridiculous. Don't hate something just because it is popular.
    i don't hate CoD cause it's "popular" i hate it cause it is the same o'l shit year in and year out except for this year's game Black Ops 2. the reason they sell so well is cause there are mindless sheep like you out there who will buy anything slapped with the CoD name. the soul series is hardly being milked and the final fantasy games have been spread out over many years. they don't release on an annual bases. the only CoD game that stood out in the original trilogy was CoD 2 big red one. it was a gem. but other than that they were all pretty much the same. and modern warfare 1-3 didn't upgrade much from one another as they were rinse and repeats for the most part. only minor tweaks on gameplay and modes. Black Ops 2 has come along and completely rocked the series to its core and is worth a fair chance. i even bought it and i hate CoD. that's how good it is. but to sit there and say every CoD game is good and that they are not rinse and repeat games is completely foolish.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  14. #34
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i don't hate CoD cause it's "popular" i hate it cause it is the same o'l shit year in and year out except for this year's game Black Ops 2. the reason they sell so well is cause there are mindless sheep like you out there who will buy anything slapped with the CoD name. the soul series is hardly being milked and the final fantasy games have been spread out over many years. they don't release on an annual bases. the only CoD game that stood out in the original trilogy was CoD 2 big red one. it was a gem. but other than that they were all pretty much the same. and modern warfare 1-3 didn't upgrade much from one another as they were rinse and repeats for the most part. only minor tweaks on gameplay and modes. Black Ops 2 has come along and completely rocked the series to its core and is worth a fair chance. i even bought it and i hate CoD. that's how good it is. but to sit there and say every CoD game is good and that they are not rinse and repeat games is completely foolish.
    I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, because imo they are good games. Granted I do not own MW3, so I can't speak for that one. The ones I have played have the best shooting controls this gen besides maybe Halo or Vanquish. They come packed with loads of content. You get an exciting campaign that even though it may be 5 or 6 hours there is always replay value for higher difficulties or hidden intel. The multiplayer is easily one of the best around technically. Although it would be nice to have some larger maps, the incentives to keep playing are never ending. And lastly the zombies or special ops modes are endless co-op fun. I spent hundreds of hours in zombies in Black Ops with my friends and had a blast.

    I mentioned the Souls series because it is more of a (even though I hate this word) "hardcore" game that may slip by some people. FROM Software is rumored to be creating a Demon's Souls and Dark Souls successor at the same time. And I wasn't just talking about the main installments of Final Fantasy. I meant every game that includes the name Final Fantasy. There are at least two to three released every year. This year we saw Final Fantasy 13-2 and Theatrythm Final Fantasy just to name the ones off the top of my head.

    Sig by Bladia


  15. #35
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I hate people who say stuff like this. If you look at all of the changes from COD4 to now and you still think it is the same game than you are blind and need to find a new hobby because gaming is not for you. I guess its wrong for Activision to make money by releasing a COD every year too. The only reason people complain about COD is because it sells extremely well and caters to a more casual audience. FROM Software is about to milk the living hell out of the Souls series, but you won;t see anybody complaining about that. There have been dozens of Final Fantasy games, but you see more complaining about COD then FF. I mean, it is getting to the point of being ridiculous. Don't hate something just because it is popular.
    I fully agree with this.

    I do think they are really good games and I suggest doing what I did if your getting bored of series like i did. Miss a year and come back. I missed MW3 but got Black Ops 2 and I feel more refreshed

  16. #36
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, because imo they are good games. Granted I do not own MW3, so I can't speak for that one. The ones I have played have the best shooting controls this gen besides maybe Halo or Vanquish. They come packed with loads of content. You get an exciting campaign that even though it may be 5 or 6 hours there is always replay value for higher difficulties or hidden intel. The multiplayer is easily one of the best around technically. Although it would be nice to have some larger maps, the incentives to keep playing are never ending. And lastly the zombies or special ops modes are endless co-op fun. I spent hundreds of hours in zombies in Black Ops with my friends and had a blast.

    I mentioned the Souls series because it is more of a (even though I hate this word) "hardcore" game that may slip by some people. FROM Software is rumored to be creating a Demon's Souls and Dark Souls successor at the same time. And I wasn't just talking about the main installments of Final Fantasy. I meant every game that includes the name Final Fantasy. There are at least two to three released every year. This year we saw Final Fantasy 13-2 and Theatrythm Final Fantasy just to name the ones off the top of my head.
    nothing wrong with two people having different opinions as long as they can act mature about it. i see your points to an extent but still feel i'm right and hopefully you can understand my point of view while still thinking you're right. at the end of the day we are all some form of mindless sheep when it comes to games. put a UFC or madden game in front of me and i'm sold. just can't help myself. and with you it appears it's CoD. no harm no foul.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  17. #37
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    nothing wrong with two people having different opinions as long as they can act mature about it. i see your points to an extent but still feel i'm right and hopefully you can understand my point of view while still thinking you're right. at the end of the day we are all some form of mindless sheep when it comes to games. put a UFC or madden game in front of me and i'm sold. just can't help myself. and with you it appears it's CoD. no harm no foul.
    Honestly I don't even play COD anymore hahaha I just defend it by the good memories I have from it. Thanks for the good debate though. Took a little bit of time outta my day.

    Sig by Bladia


  18. #38
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,393
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Honestly I don't even play COD anymore hahaha I just defend it by the good memories I have from it. Thanks for the good debate though. Took a little bit of time outta my day.
    it was my pleasure. and i can honestly say i have played every CoD game and not just for an hour or two but have put in a fair amount of time and can justify myself when i bash on CoD. i hate people who haven't even played the game and talk trash just cause someone else is. no man not me. i speak from personal experiences. but you should pick up Black Ops 2 for sure man. it's a win win situation no matter how you look at it.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  19. #39
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Mihalick's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    780
    Reputation
    42

    It seems like "COD -current title- is the worst COD yet" is said with every single release lol. There never seems to be a middle ground among the masses, it's either the best or the worst.

    MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE


  20. #40
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    And I wasn't just talking about the main installments of Final Fantasy. I meant every game that includes the name Final Fantasy. There are at least two to three released every year. This year we saw Final Fantasy 13-2 and Theatrythm Final Fantasy just to name the ones off the top of my head.
    Not to go totally off-topic, but there have been between 31 and 36 Final Fantasy titles released over what will be 25 years this coming December (I say that number because some titles have been re-branded Final Fantasy when they aren't initially called that, in other countries to increase sales. But just to be technical, I'll include those five titles here). That's a shade under a game and a half a year released with the moniker, if you use the loosest term of what constitutes a Final Fantasy title. Considering also how each game has it's own standalone features and individual aspects from game play, characters, and what not - I'd find it a deep stretch to call it a "milked" franchise.

    The only apt comparisons are yearly franchises, which are becoming a bit more normal such as Assassin's Creed, all EA sport titles (except NBA Live), and other titles that are nearing that point such as Just Dance, the Medal of Honor/Battlefield combo and titles that were forced into extinction (Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, etc. To use titles that make about 2-4 iterations per a console cycle, is pulling at straws.

    ---

    Now back to actually contributing to the topic at hand...

    The thing with the CoD franchise, is that so many people play it and take completely different things out of it - that you could ask 20 random players of the franchise which is the best and worst, and end up with answers all over the place. My co-workers were discussing this two days ago, how one thought that Black Ops 2 was the best ever, and the other thought it was the worst ever. There are so many people who play these games, that you're going to get differing opinions (and strong ones at that, because of the popularity of the title) that cover everywhere. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong - it's just what people take.

    I am sure that when the "kinks" get ironed out, the OP will probably have a good time with the title as well. At this point in the game, the scary thing isn't so much which CoD is the best or what somebody thinks of it; but the fact that too many triple A titles are being released these days with major bugs or issues that severely hamper their game play. There have been a lot of really strong games released this year that have suffered from things that should have been hammered out by the QA team before they ever go gold. That is what I find absolutely disturbing - is how regularly acceptable it is for us as gamers to drop $60 on a game, and have to deal with issues that make it, for some people, unplayable for weeks or months until it gets patched by the developers.

    It's one of those things that is getting to the point in which individuals who don't want to drop full price on a title when it comes out are having a really solid argument against why they shouldn't - and that in the long run is the major issue that another triple A title is contributing to that can become a major problem in the years to come.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO