Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81

Black ops 2 probably the worst cod yet

This is a discussion on Black ops 2 probably the worst cod yet within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've heard a few of the casual 'FIFA and COD only' brigade amongst my friends complain Black Ops 2 is ...

  1. #41
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    I've heard a few of the casual 'FIFA and COD only' brigade amongst my friends complain Black Ops 2 is shite because it's not like Modern Warfare 3. So the changes scare the casuals whilst the regular gamer levels the ' same shit, different underwear ' arguement at it. Okaaay.
    The truth is, it's the same because of the engine and underlying design ( but how they have glitches year in, year out with the same engine is baffling ) but has made cosmetic changes.This year, Treyarch at least took it out of the cycle of past/present to at least change something.

    That cosmetic difference is usually enough for the casual market because it's the same reason they buy FIFA every year, it's safe, warm and looks slightly newer than before, however, if you are making millions a year off this tried and trusted formula and then you say, set the new one in the future and add fanciful weaponry, you run the risk of upsetting those who make you rich whilst possibly winning over a few skeptics.

    Note i haven't really cared for COD since the first and only enjoyed World At War in MP terms, i am still hoping we can go back to the World Wars in military FPS one day.

  2. #42
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    jaws-ate's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Le Mansion De Murray
    Posts
    1,077
    Reputation
    23

    no offense, but i couldnt make sense of anything you have said.
    sorry...

  3. #43
    Huge Gaming Backlog
    Reiner's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    STRAYA
    Posts
    775
    Reputation
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    I disagree as well (I haven't had a problem thus far). I love every CoD game, but this has to be the best CoD since MW1, and is definately in the Top 3 in the series.
    That's what I like to hear.
    My copy should be arriving in the mail any day now.

    Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247



  4. #44
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    MrFudge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    287
    Reputation
    21

    I don't think any COD game is actually crap. Now this may seem strange, but I would give MW3 a 6/10 because I found it so cut and paste to the former ones and it just bored me. So the reason I would give it a 6 is because I have played the games before it, which were very similar, not because it sucked. I think that is the only reason anybody says that they are crap. If you had never played a COD/COD clone before MW3, you would almost certainly think it was an absolutely awesome game. But because we have had the experience before, we say that it is crap. No matter how good a game is, if you have had that experience many times before you will most likely not enjoy it.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

    THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

  5. #45
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    AJL_LEYJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    501
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I don't get you people. Every year I read the same reports over and over, yet every year you run out first day and buy the game. Call of Duty breaks sales records every year, but it almost seems like 75% of the people who bought it, hate it.
    Nah ive played every cod but am not a hardcore fan. I never liked waw, i liked bo 1, and mw3 was kind of boring, so since i liked bo1 i bought this 1

  6. #46
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    AJL_LEYJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    501
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    no offense, but i couldnt make sense of anything you have said. sorry...
    Lacking braincells?

  7. #47
    PRO Member
    10000 Days's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Prison
    Posts
    103
    Reputation
    11

    I like how you can install textures to your hard drive and that the zombies map is huge and features new game modes, new zombies, craftsmanship, easter eggs (nacht der untoten for example), new perks, zombies theatre mode, and so on.

    Treyarch is passionate about their work I think, and they know the value of customer feedback. Most of the things ppl bash COD for, Treyarch made an effort to appease them without straying too far from the status quo of the series that the non-bashers enjoy. There was a lot of innovation in this release, which I value.

    Patches will come you can be sure of that, and the glitches will be fixed...just look at how many patches Treyarch released for Blops 1; they keep on top of that shit
    Steaming pile of helpful tips


  8. #48
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    RexHound's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    141
    Reputation
    2

    There are stability issues sure but. There are hundresds of tjousands of people shaghong the servers what do you expect?

    'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'


  9. #49
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    AJL_LEYJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    501
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by RexHound View Post
    There are stability issues sure but. There are hundresds of tjousands of people shaghong the servers what do you expect?
    Alot because theyre the fastest selling franchise

  10. #50
    PRO Member
    ElvisShow's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Camp Casey, South Korea
    Posts
    117
    Reputation
    3

    today I heard a quote from 2 guys talking about COD and they said "I don't like it but I like Call of Duty so I'll but whatever they do"

    that mentality is what fuels the lack of passion in making new and interesting ideas for any franchise really

  11. #51
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    owltalon012's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    142
    Reputation
    4

    Why would a terrible rehashed series get better?

    The same goes for garbage like Assassins creed, Uncharted, Battlefield, etc.

    Just don't buy the trash.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.


  12. #52
    DH
    DH is offline
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    DH's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    90
    Reputation
    1

    i think once these multiplayer freezes are fixed black ops 2 will be on the road to something new but right now the multiplayer freezes are the only back fire for me as of yet

    PSN ID: Devilhunter290
    Big thanks to D1Mech for this signature and avatar

  13. #53
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    26
    Reputation
    0

    Patch released yesterday seemed to fix a lot of the issues for me, only bombed out once all day and the lag seems a bit better too.

  14. #54
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    PompousKristina's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Old Forge, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    91
    Reputation
    1

    It doesn't matter. Call of Duty is an overrated franchise anyways. I was never interested in it.

    "Hitomi. Lei Fang. Powerup!"
    Mains in DOA5: Lei Fang, Helena, and Hitomi
    PSN Gamertag: CassSophFan

  15. #55
    PRO Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    2

    It's great, multiplayer already showing signs of improvement and the story is good fun, you know what your getting with a COD game so if for take it for what it is and enjoy it, or choose something else :-)

  16. #56
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    AJL_LEYJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    501
    Reputation
    5

    Having played the game more treyarch has become an overrated piece of shit developer treyarch=iw anybody who likes it is blind

  17. #57
    PRO Member
    Tmac718's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast, U.S.
    Posts
    704
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    Having played the game more treyarch has become an overrated piece of shit developer treyarch=iw anybody who likes it is blind
    Ok you bought a CoD game!!!! You dont have to be a psychic to know what your gonna get before you even buy it! Seriously, how are you that mad still.

  18. #58
    PRO Member
    Rune2303's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    658
    Reputation
    28

    Honestly I think the game looks quite good ... but since I own COD 4, WAW, MW2, BO and MW3 I am simply gonna have to pass on this one because (sorry guys) SSDD

    But after getting to 9th prestige in MW2 and at least 1st in each of the other ones the multiplayer has actually managed to become boring to me
    Same thing for the zombies, after I put in a good 200 - 300 hours in both WAW and BO ... I just don't feel it anymore ...
    Now the campaign looks promising ... but I can just look that up on youtube and save myself 80 bucks

    Wouldn't say the game is the worst COD ever though ... its just time for me to take a LONG break on COD

    Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

    Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

    Future project: None ATM

  19. #59
    -i- love myself.
    Qurb's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dark Fantasy
    Posts
    3,724
    Reputation
    158

    I had the chance to purchase this game yesterday and so far im having a blast! The multiplayer is so much fun, my favorite COD since WAW.

  20. #60
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    AJL_LEYJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    501
    Reputation
    5

    Meh treyarch sucks they are overrated

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO