Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Black ops 2 probably the worst cod yet

This is a discussion on Black ops 2 probably the worst cod yet within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've heard a few of the casual 'FIFA and COD only' brigade amongst my friends complain Black Ops 2 is ...

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I've heard a few of the casual 'FIFA and COD only' brigade amongst my friends complain Black Ops 2 is shite because it's not like Modern Warfare 3. So the changes scare the casuals whilst the regular gamer levels the ' same shit, different underwear ' arguement at it. Okaaay.
    The truth is, it's the same because of the engine and underlying design ( but how they have glitches year in, year out with the same engine is baffling ) but has made cosmetic changes.This year, Treyarch at least took it out of the cycle of past/present to at least change something.

That cosmetic difference is usually enough for the casual market because it's the same reason they buy FIFA every year, it's safe, warm and looks slightly newer than before, however, if you are making millions a year off this tried and trusted formula and then you say, set the new one in the future and add fanciful weaponry, you run the risk of upsetting those who make you rich whilst possibly winning over a few skeptics.

Note i haven't really cared for COD since the first and only enjoyed World At War in MP terms, i am still hoping we can go back to the World Wars in military FPS one day.

Lvl 9 - Gold

no offense, but i couldnt make sense of anything you have said.
    sorry...

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    I disagree as well (I haven't had a problem thus far). I love every CoD game, but this has to be the best CoD since MW1, and is definately in the Top 3 in the series.
    That's what I like to hear.
    My copy should be arriving in the mail any day now.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't think any COD game is actually crap. Now this may seem strange, but I would give MW3 a 6/10 because I found it so cut and paste to the former ones and it just bored me. So the reason I would give it a 6 is because I have played the games before it, which were very similar, not because it sucked. I think that is the only reason anybody says that they are crap. If you had never played a COD/COD clone before MW3, you would almost certainly think it was an absolutely awesome game. But because we have had the experience before, we say that it is crap. No matter how good a game is, if you have had that experience many times before you will most likely not enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I don't get you people. Every year I read the same reports over and over, yet every year you run out first day and buy the game. Call of Duty breaks sales records every year, but it almost seems like 75% of the people who bought it, hate it.
    Nah ive played every cod but am not a hardcore fan. I never liked waw, i liked bo 1, and mw3 was kind of boring, so since i liked bo1 i bought this 1

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    no offense, but i couldnt make sense of anything you have said. sorry...
    Lacking braincells?

PRO Member

I like how you can install textures to your hard drive and that the zombies map is huge and features new game modes, new zombies, craftsmanship, easter eggs (nacht der untoten for example), new perks, zombies theatre mode, and so on.

Treyarch is passionate about their work I think, and they know the value of customer feedback. Most of the things ppl bash COD for, Treyarch made an effort to appease them without straying too far from the status quo of the series that the non-bashers enjoy. There was a lot of innovation in this release, which I value.

Patches will come you can be sure of that, and the glitches will be fixed...just look at how many patches Treyarch released for Blops 1; they keep on top of that shit
    Steaming pile of helpful tips

Lvl 3 - Bronze

There are stability issues sure but. There are hundresds of tjousands of people shaghong the servers what do you expect?

'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by RexHound View Post
    There are stability issues sure but. There are hundresds of tjousands of people shaghong the servers what do you expect?
    Alot because theyre the fastest selling franchise

PRO Member

today I heard a quote from 2 guys talking about COD and they said "I don't like it but I like Call of Duty so I'll but whatever they do"

that mentality is what fuels the lack of passion in making new and interesting ideas for any franchise really

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Why would a terrible rehashed series get better?

The same goes for garbage like Assassins creed, Uncharted, Battlefield, etc.

Just don't buy the trash.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

DH
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

i think once these multiplayer freezes are fixed black ops 2 will be on the road to something new but right now the multiplayer freezes are the only back fire for me as of yet

PSN ID: Devilhunter290
    Big thanks to D1Mech for this signature and avatar

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Patch released yesterday seemed to fix a lot of the issues for me, only bombed out once all day and the lag seems a bit better too.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It doesn't matter. Call of Duty is an overrated franchise anyways. I was never interested in it.

"Hitomi. Lei Fang. Powerup!"
    Mains in DOA5: Lei Fang, Helena, and Hitomi
    PSN Gamertag: CassSophFan

PRO Member

It's great, multiplayer already showing signs of improvement and the story is good fun, you know what your getting with a COD game so if for take it for what it is and enjoy it, or choose something else :-)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Having played the game more treyarch has become an overrated piece of shit developer treyarch=iw anybody who likes it is blind

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    Having played the game more treyarch has become an overrated piece of shit developer treyarch=iw anybody who likes it is blind
    Ok you bought a CoD game!!!! You dont have to be a psychic to know what your gonna get before you even buy it! Seriously, how are you that mad still.

PRO Member

Honestly I think the game looks quite good ... but since I own COD 4, WAW, MW2, BO and MW3 I am simply gonna have to pass on this one because (sorry guys) SSDD

But after getting to 9th prestige in MW2 and at least 1st in each of the other ones the multiplayer has actually managed to become boring to me
    Same thing for the zombies, after I put in a good 200 - 300 hours in both WAW and BO ... I just don't feel it anymore ...
    Now the campaign looks promising ... but I can just look that up on youtube and save myself 80 bucks

Wouldn't say the game is the worst COD ever though ... its just time for me to take a LONG break on COD

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

-i- love myself.

I had the chance to purchase this game yesterday and so far im having a blast! The multiplayer is so much fun, my favorite COD since WAW.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Meh treyarch sucks they are overrated

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast