Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sony Brings Exclusives And PS2 Games To PSN

This is a discussion on Sony Brings Exclusives And PS2 Games To PSN within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Starting this week, Sony will be pushing exclusive games and gaming content as part of a brand new ‘Only On ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Sony Brings Exclusives And PS2 Games To PSN

Starting this week, Sony will be pushing exclusive games and gaming content as part of a brand new ‘Only On PlayStation Network’ program the company is rolling out, according to IndustryGamers.

The games will include high profile stuff like inFamous: Festival of Blood as well as Pub Fund indie games like Eufloria and Okabu. Regular PSN developers like PixelJunk (with Sidescroller) will also bolster the line-up.

“‘Only On PlayStation Network’ is our line of great exclusive games that users can count on to deliver exciting game experiences that can’t be found anywhere else,” said Susan Panico, senior director of PlayStation Network, SCEA.

Cleverly, Sony will also be pushing PS2 titles onto the PSN, like the esoteric God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red. Other incentives abound, like discounts for Plus subscribers and credit back when you spend certain amounts.

Although locked down for the US at the moment, we’d be disappointed not to hear something similar from SCEE soon, although most of the ideas do already match up with the European Play scheme.

The program kicks off withj Eufloria and Rochard this week, Sideway: New York next week, Okabu and Rocketbirds the week after and the vampire filled inFamous on the 25th, alongside Sidescroller
    Sony Brings Exclusives And PS2 Games To PSN | Gaming News and Opinion at TheSixthAxis.com

Even know it says its not avaliable for eu there just posted this

We’ve just spoken to Sony and can confirm that European PS3 owners can also look forward to PS2 games coming to their console – exciting news for anyone doubting the validity of our earlier post this morning.

“The Only On PlayStation Network programme is for the SCEA region only,” said a SCEE spokesperson to TheSixthAxis.

“However, we will be bringing the majority of the content to the SCEE audience, including Classic PS2 titles.” Note the capital letter, which might suggest that’s the official line.

It sounds like it doesn’t end there, either.

“We have numerous exciting offers that we will be introducing to PSN users throughout our region in the lead up to Christmas and look forward to sharing these with you.”

Exciting stuff, if Sony can get the right PS2 titles out there for us…
    If sony bring the right ps2 games back i buy them

Crocodile Hunter

im thinking of getting PS+ again on thursday

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 8 - Gold

no trophy support or hd,ill pass.if i want to play a ps2 game ill play it on a ps2.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    no trophy support or hd,ill pass.if i want to play a ps2 game ill play it on a ps2.
    Yup, well except for Twisted Metal Black

PRO Member

Hopefully Okami will make it; my nephew lost my ps2 copy

Lvl 9 - Gold

I hope they bring back Bully! That's a buy without hesitation
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 1 - Bronze

grand theft auto hd would be the cats ass

INTJ

Remove PS2 game Compatibility

bring it back, but you have to pay for every single individual game again

thats sony for ya

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

thats sony for ya
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Resident PHD

thats sony for ya
    ...The DS removed GBA BC as well and you don't bitch about that. The DS removed the BC and kept their price the same, Sony removed the PS2 BC and dropped the price by a few 100$.

Why don't you ever give both sides of the story instead of acting like a smug little brat.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    ...The DS removed GBA BC as well and you don't bitch about that. The DS removed the BC and kept their price the same, Sony removed the PS2 BC and dropped the price by a few 100$.

Why don't you ever give both sides of the story instead of acting like a smug little brat.
    because i never cared about the GBA slot. Only time i ever used it is to play that guitar hero DS game.

Sony Removed the Backwards compatibility for no fucking legit reason.

Nintendo Did it to add more power into the DSi (they threw two cameras and the hardware to support it) at the cost of sacrificing Backwards compatibility. it makes perfect sense.

Resident PHD

because i never cared about the GBA slot. Only time i ever used it is to play that guitar hero DS game
    Ok you didn't care but a lot of people did (including me) Nintendo removed that slot and gave us a crap camera instead as compensation. On top of that they jacked up the price.

The PS3 may have removed BC but they have added and added features to their system and just keep lowering the price. The only way Nintendo can add features is by releasing a new model (much like Apple). You seem to fail to realize that the PS3 is the only piece of technology that has gotten better as the years go on, meanwhile Nintendo and X360 have really started to show their age.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

You seem to fail to realize that the PS3 is the only piece of technology that has gotten better as the years go on, meanwhile Nintendo and X360 have really started to show their age.
    Uhh, not really.

all the consoles are aging pretty badly. the only thing that matters now is what has the best Dashboard and features. Xbox dominates the Console Indie games/Online Gaming market, Nintendo dominates the family market, Sony Takes the rest.

nintendo is luckily the intelligent one and made a new generation for consoles (Wii U) so they can force microsoft and sonys hand to make a new platform. Consoles seriously need a hardware buff (also be intelligent enough to not fuck over their consumers at every chance, not saying names here) if they want to try to take the pc market away again.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Uhh, not really.

all the consoles are aging pretty badly. the only thing that matters now is what has the best Dashboard and features. Xbox dominates the Console Indie games/Online Gaming market, Nintendo dominates the family market, Sony Takes the rest.

nintendo is luckily the intelligent one and made a new generation for consoles (Wii U) so they can force microsoft and sonys hand to make a new platform. Consoles seriously need a hardware buff (also be intelligent enough to not fuck over their consumers at every chance, not saying names here) if they want to try to take the pc market away again.
    And where do you get any of this from? It's funny and sad at the same time that individuals will just run their mouth with no actually evidence to support their retarded claim... Next up

Sony never "Removed" it because it's still on the first few generations of Ps3's. And lastly, they stopped putting it into PS3's due to the fact that they'd have to recode the software on the Ps3 for each and every Ps2 game to be able to run them properly. They explained that already, which is the reason for a lot of HD remakes to be coming out. It was either do that, or dump tons of money into something that may never work properly. Let's see... HD remakes, it's common sense.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Pepticacid View Post
    Hopefully Okami will make it; my nephew lost my ps2 copy
    Okami with playtation move would be awesome!

Lvl 8 - Gold

It reduced the cost of the PS3 and didn't work properly anyway, 2 legit reasons.

The only sane person here

because i never cared about the GBA slot. Only time i ever used it is to play that guitar hero DS game.
    There are quite a lot of people who liked the GBA slot for a replacement GBA handheld you know. The Gameboy slot was my favorite feature on the NDS, I still hate the fact it was removed from future DS models.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Ok you didn't care but a lot of people did (including me) Nintendo removed that slot and gave us a crap camera instead as compensation. On top of that they jacked up the price.

The PS3 may have removed BC but they have added and added features to their system and just keep lowering the price. The only way Nintendo can add features is by releasing a new model (much like Apple). You seem to fail to realize that the PS3 is the only piece of technology that has gotten better as the years go on, meanwhile Nintendo and X360 have really started to show their age.

When the PS3 was first released it had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

You couldn't talk to people in-game, and well, literally EVERY feature you see today that is somewhat decent or useful or unique wasn't even there for the first year.

And the PS3 was IMMENSLY expensive despite all that. Fuck Sony. Fuck PS360's selfishness, and Fuck my Nan for being a pothead. Totally relevant.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They also removed the BC because the hardware portion of the PS3 the ran this function would run constantly when the PS3 was on (even if it wasn't actively being utilized)! This was a major reason for many YLOD issues, therefore it was removed to improve the reliability of the PS3. I just hope that Sony brings Burnout Takedown! It was this game that got me back into gaming (there weren't many games that I enjoyed during the time between PSone and PS3).

Lvl 6 - Silver

It depends on the ps2 games chosen I guess but right now I'm not too excited. Something tells me it'll be the more popular titles i.e. the ones I didn't want to play. I hope they have the likes of the shadow hearts, Dragon quest: the journey of the cursed king and even the persona titles but eh, something tells me those games won't be part of the ones going on psn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast