Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

PS4 not backwards compatible. Will use Gaikai to stream PS3 games.

This is a discussion on PS4 not backwards compatible. Will use Gaikai to stream PS3 games. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by owltalon012 Honestly, I think Sony will go bankrupt before the PS4/Orbis even begins mass manufacturing. Betting on ...

  1. #61
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by owltalon012 View Post
    Honestly, I think Sony will go bankrupt before the PS4/Orbis even begins mass manufacturing.

    Betting on a end of 2014 date.
    I love sony, but i really hope they do go bankrupt. Their greed has made our ps3 no longer backward compatible with the great games of the past. They have a few of the older titles on psn for download, for ridiculous prices (i can get these games on cd for a dollar, yet i have to spend 10 dollars for a old game? Serious?)

    If they have trophy support on these "old games", then i would gladly spend the money. But they dont...

    Then there is the fact that they are producing mediocre games. Not all of them are sub par, but some are dissapointing. Thats what ruined the sega genesis. Accepted so many game titles, most of which were horrible, made people jump onto the next system and leave sega bankrupt (they are fine ATM, but their games are dipping again IMO)

    Makes me sad as i hate Xbox enough to stay loyal to Sony. Soon both will be extinct and we will find a better system



  2. #62
    Lord of all Goat-Men
    Faust's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,376
    Reputation
    351

    So you want the company responsible for making the "great games of the past" possible to go bankrupt, because you can't play all those games on one console? Er... ok then.

    Do you even understand what happens when a company goes bankrupt? First, the stockmarket will dive, secondly thousands of people will lose their jobs, thirdly millions of consumers will be effected becaues their warranties will be worthless or they'll lose support lines etc.

    If you had said "I hope the guy who said let's remove backwards compatibility gets punched in the face", that's something I could get on board with, but 'punishing' a company by destroying the livelyhoods of thousands of people and irreversibly altering the face of the technology industry is stupidity. If you're going to share an opinion, make sure its worthwhile.

  3. #63
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    So you want the company responsible for making the "great games of the past" possible to go bankrupt, because you can't play all those games on one console? Er... ok then.
    I think you misunderstand.

    I said i hope they do go bankrupt because they are getting greedy.
    They take away something that should be present in all sony systems, backward compatibility.
    I know their reasons, but its still being greedy. Same thing with light bulb companies. They can make a better product, but why when their product can burn out in less than a year and you spend more money for more when they do. I know why they do it, but doesnt make it any less greedy.

    As far as "great games of the past", they have always made great games. The new ones these days are still great, but dont tell me some of these titles arnt disapointing. Any user on this site can agree the games are getting disappointing, with one aspect or another.

    So i think you misread (or didnt read at all) if all you got from my first post is "They dont let me play all those games on one console"



  4. #64
    Lvl 6 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    490
    Reputation
    15

    I highly doubt any of this will happen

  5. #65
    Lord of all Goat-Men
    Faust's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,376
    Reputation
    351

    I'm yet to see a Sony-published title that is "disappointing". Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain - all excellent titles.
    Sony aren't being greedy - they're being practical. Including the emulator chip in their Playstation 3 consoles was just not a viable option. They cost too much, and as a result the overall price of the console went up too. In order to be competitive Sony cut the chip and lowered the price of the console.
    Besides, the majority of people still dedicated to living in the past by playing over and over their favourite PS1 and PS2 titles generally already own those consoles. There are a few exceptions, but you can't honestly expect a multinational, billion-dollar company to cater to a niche group. If you want to play your old games, spend the $90 and buy a goddamned ps2.
    As for the next gen, you clearly already own a PS3, so why the fuck would you complain that you can't play your PS3 games on you PS4, when they run perfectly fine on their native console, which you own.

    I really don't understand the fuss over backwards compatibility. I can understand people playing PS3 games one, maybe two years into the life of the PS4, but beyond that, hardly anyone will. Just get over it and enjoy the cheaper price.

  6. #66
    Ice Cream Firefighter
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,395
    Reputation
    351

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I'm yet to see a Sony-published title that is "disappointing". Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain - all excellent titles.
    Sony aren't being greedy - they're being practical. Including the emulator chip in their Playstation 3 consoles was just not a viable option. They cost too much, and as a result the overall price of the console went up too. In order to be competitive Sony cut the chip and lowered the price of the console.
    Besides, the majority of people still dedicated to living in the past by playing over and over their favourite PS1 and PS2 titles generally already own those consoles. There are a few exceptions, but you can't honestly expect a multinational, billion-dollar company to cater to a niche group. If you want to play your old games, spend the $90 and buy a goddamned ps2.
    As for the next gen, you clearly already own a PS3, so why the fuck would you complain that you can't play your PS3 games on you PS4, when they run perfectly fine on their native console, which you own.

    I really don't understand the fuss over backwards compatibility. I can understand people playing PS3 games one, maybe two years into the life of the PS4, but beyond that, hardly anyone will. Just get over it and enjoy the cheaper price.
    Exactly


    PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer


    Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles






  7. #67
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    jeanguy4130's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    La ville des vaches
    Posts
    174
    Reputation
    11

    All I know is dis. When PS4 Launches I will not buy one right away. You know dere will be problems, always is with new stuff. A co worker of mine was working at toys r us when PS3 launched and he said every one of de ones dey sold back. I didn't buy mine till 2008. Also if dey make it so you can't play used games on it, I'm done with gaming.

  8. #68
    Saints Row IV
    brAvEhEaRtDC's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Okinawa,Japan
    Posts
    1,616
    Reputation
    33

    All i know...is that sony knows what they are doing.I don't expect a colussus like sony don't think about it
    Of course they know that most of their clients (Me) have bought all sony consoles
    So...they cut the backward combatible future to cut the price
    No problem by me!
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat


    Click on my Signature to check my website




  9. #69
    PRO Member
    Shuklar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada (MST)
    Posts
    844
    Reputation
    73

    Is Sony ditching the Cell architecture altogether? I would hope so, as that would make it waaaay easier to develop for, and would explain why there's no b/c.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

  10. #70
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    This could be a silly question but when you say streaming games do you mean like the way I stream movies off Netflix and I will not have a copy of the game on HDD
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  11. #71
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    babaganoosh08's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spira
    Posts
    292
    Reputation
    5

    i wouldnt worry its all bull
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

  12. #72
    PRO Member
    Shuklar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada (MST)
    Posts
    844
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    This could be a silly question but when you say streaming games do you mean like the way I stream movies off Netflix and I will not have a copy of the game on HDD
    That's what I would presume. A remote computer would be running the game, streaming the video playback to you, while you stream your button presses. Just like OnLive for PC & their little console thingy. Essentially cloud computing.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

  13. #73
    > Restart Button <
    themute88orl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    1,003
    Reputation
    50

    Before I got my PS3 (2011) I was all into the B/C and I had my games from my PS2 ready. Once I got my PS3 though, all I was doing was playing GTA IV & Assassin's Creed. Everntually one day I went to go put a PS2 game into my PS3 (being out of the loop leaves me thinking a slim has B/C) and it didn't work. I was pissed but I was also ill-informed by my own doing. So I kept them and would turn on my PS2 from time to time.

    The reason I wanted B/C for my PS3 so badly was because I had owned about 10 PS2s, all crap, and I was sick of them. I'd rather throw my PS2 game into my PS3. Now if I want to play some PS2 games, I need to go and get a PS2 but the PS3 isn't crap like I feel the PS2 is. Therefore having no B/C on the PS4/Orbis isn't as big of a deal to me. It still may be, for whatever reason, for some and I understand that sucks. The PS3 is great by itself and will last awhile even after they drop next-gen I think.


    TheMute's Sony Scout Badges





    Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~





    Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw



  14. #74
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    BLaCKoNi666's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    313
    Reputation
    8

    Yeah who didnt see this one coming
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

  15. #75
    PRO Member
    annare41's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,461
    Reputation
    80

    I'll probably buy a PS4 when a Metal Gear is announced for it


  16. #76
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    XxSITHappensxX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY,USA,Earth, Milky Way
    Posts
    47
    Reputation
    1

    Any word on what media format the games will be on? I understand the ps3, PS2 and PS1 games will be available via Gaikai but new PS4/Orbis/quatro games will come on some tangible format right?
    [IMG][/IMG]

  17. #77
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    shaolinsword's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    122
    Reputation
    0

    I'm not surprised by the no BC but aren't xbox doing this anti second hand game thing as well?

    Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

  18. #78
    Retired Staff Member
    Bounce's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    250
    Reputation
    25

    If this is all accurate, I'll probably be sticking with my PS3 for a while. I've got a decent backlog I can play. Worry about the Orbis later.

  19. #79
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    this is all rumors people,calm down.

  20. #80
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    I am aware these are just rumors but if this one turns out to be true then I wont be getting one , if this is going to happen then there must have been an agreement between Sony and Microsoft because if one did it and not the other it would be suicide plus the fact they do not have the broadband infrastructure to pull it off for everybody and they would loose a lot of customers
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO