Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

PS4 not backwards compatible. Will use Gaikai to stream PS3 games.

This is a discussion on PS4 not backwards compatible. Will use Gaikai to stream PS3 games. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by owltalon012 Honestly, I think Sony will go bankrupt before the PS4/Orbis even begins mass manufacturing. Betting on ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by owltalon012 View Post
    Honestly, I think Sony will go bankrupt before the PS4/Orbis even begins mass manufacturing.

Betting on a end of 2014 date.
    I love sony, but i really hope they do go bankrupt. Their greed has made our ps3 no longer backward compatible with the great games of the past. They have a few of the older titles on psn for download, for ridiculous prices (i can get these games on cd for a dollar, yet i have to spend 10 dollars for a old game? Serious?)

If they have trophy support on these "old games", then i would gladly spend the money. But they dont...

Then there is the fact that they are producing mediocre games. Not all of them are sub par, but some are dissapointing. Thats what ruined the sega genesis. Accepted so many game titles, most of which were horrible, made people jump onto the next system and leave sega bankrupt (they are fine ATM, but their games are dipping again IMO)

Makes me sad as i hate Xbox enough to stay loyal to Sony. Soon both will be extinct and we will find a better system

Lord of all Goat-Men

So you want the company responsible for making the "great games of the past" possible to go bankrupt, because you can't play all those games on one console? Er... ok then.

Do you even understand what happens when a company goes bankrupt? First, the stockmarket will dive, secondly thousands of people will lose their jobs, thirdly millions of consumers will be effected becaues their warranties will be worthless or they'll lose support lines etc.

If you had said "I hope the guy who said let's remove backwards compatibility gets punched in the face", that's something I could get on board with, but 'punishing' a company by destroying the livelyhoods of thousands of people and irreversibly altering the face of the technology industry is stupidity. If you're going to share an opinion, make sure its worthwhile.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    So you want the company responsible for making the "great games of the past" possible to go bankrupt, because you can't play all those games on one console? Er... ok then.
    I think you misunderstand.

I said i hope they do go bankrupt because they are getting greedy.
    They take away something that should be present in all sony systems, backward compatibility.
    I know their reasons, but its still being greedy. Same thing with light bulb companies. They can make a better product, but why when their product can burn out in less than a year and you spend more money for more when they do. I know why they do it, but doesnt make it any less greedy.

As far as "great games of the past", they have always made great games. The new ones these days are still great, but dont tell me some of these titles arnt disapointing. Any user on this site can agree the games are getting disappointing, with one aspect or another.

So i think you misread (or didnt read at all) if all you got from my first post is "They dont let me play all those games on one console"

Lvl 6 - Silver

I highly doubt any of this will happen

Lord of all Goat-Men

I'm yet to see a Sony-published title that is "disappointing". Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain - all excellent titles.
    Sony aren't being greedy - they're being practical. Including the emulator chip in their Playstation 3 consoles was just not a viable option. They cost too much, and as a result the overall price of the console went up too. In order to be competitive Sony cut the chip and lowered the price of the console.
    Besides, the majority of people still dedicated to living in the past by playing over and over their favourite PS1 and PS2 titles generally already own those consoles. There are a few exceptions, but you can't honestly expect a multinational, billion-dollar company to cater to a niche group. If you want to play your old games, spend the $90 and buy a goddamned ps2.
    As for the next gen, you clearly already own a PS3, so why the fuck would you complain that you can't play your PS3 games on you PS4, when they run perfectly fine on their native console, which you own.

I really don't understand the fuss over backwards compatibility. I can understand people playing PS3 games one, maybe two years into the life of the PS4, but beyond that, hardly anyone will. Just get over it and enjoy the cheaper price.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I'm yet to see a Sony-published title that is "disappointing". Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain - all excellent titles.
    Sony aren't being greedy - they're being practical. Including the emulator chip in their Playstation 3 consoles was just not a viable option. They cost too much, and as a result the overall price of the console went up too. In order to be competitive Sony cut the chip and lowered the price of the console.
    Besides, the majority of people still dedicated to living in the past by playing over and over their favourite PS1 and PS2 titles generally already own those consoles. There are a few exceptions, but you can't honestly expect a multinational, billion-dollar company to cater to a niche group. If you want to play your old games, spend the $90 and buy a goddamned ps2.
    As for the next gen, you clearly already own a PS3, so why the fuck would you complain that you can't play your PS3 games on you PS4, when they run perfectly fine on their native console, which you own.

I really don't understand the fuss over backwards compatibility. I can understand people playing PS3 games one, maybe two years into the life of the PS4, but beyond that, hardly anyone will. Just get over it and enjoy the cheaper price.
    Exactly

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 3 - Bronze

All I know is dis. When PS4 Launches I will not buy one right away. You know dere will be problems, always is with new stuff. A co worker of mine was working at toys r us when PS3 launched and he said every one of de ones dey sold back. I didn't buy mine till 2008. Also if dey make it so you can't play used games on it, I'm done with gaming.

Saints Row IV

All i know...is that sony knows what they are doing.I don't expect a colussus like sony don't think about it
    Of course they know that most of their clients (Me) have bought all sony consoles
    So...they cut the backward combatible future to cut the price
    No problem by me!
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

Is Sony ditching the Cell architecture altogether? I would hope so, as that would make it waaaay easier to develop for, and would explain why there's no b/c.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Rangers F.C

This could be a silly question but when you say streaming games do you mean like the way I stream movies off Netflix and I will not have a copy of the game on HDD
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 4 - Silver

i wouldnt worry its all bull
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    This could be a silly question but when you say streaming games do you mean like the way I stream movies off Netflix and I will not have a copy of the game on HDD
    That's what I would presume. A remote computer would be running the game, streaming the video playback to you, while you stream your button presses. Just like OnLive for PC & their little console thingy. Essentially cloud computing.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

> Restart Button <

Before I got my PS3 (2011) I was all into the B/C and I had my games from my PS2 ready. Once I got my PS3 though, all I was doing was playing GTA IV & Assassin's Creed. Everntually one day I went to go put a PS2 game into my PS3 (being out of the loop leaves me thinking a slim has B/C) and it didn't work. I was pissed but I was also ill-informed by my own doing. So I kept them and would turn on my PS2 from time to time.

The reason I wanted B/C for my PS3 so badly was because I had owned about 10 PS2s, all crap, and I was sick of them. I'd rather throw my PS2 game into my PS3. Now if I want to play some PS2 games, I need to go and get a PS2 but the PS3 isn't crap like I feel the PS2 is. Therefore having no B/C on the PS4/Orbis isn't as big of a deal to me. It still may be, for whatever reason, for some and I understand that sucks. The PS3 is great by itself and will last awhile even after they drop next-gen I think.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yeah who didnt see this one coming
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

PRO Member

I'll probably buy a PS4 when a Metal Gear is announced for it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Any word on what media format the games will be on? I understand the ps3, PS2 and PS1 games will be available via Gaikai but new PS4/Orbis/quatro games will come on some tangible format right?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm not surprised by the no BC but aren't xbox doing this anti second hand game thing as well?

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Retired Staff Member

If this is all accurate, I'll probably be sticking with my PS3 for a while. I've got a decent backlog I can play. Worry about the Orbis later.

Lvl 8 - Gold

this is all rumors people,calm down.

Rangers F.C

I am aware these are just rumors but if this one turns out to be true then I wont be getting one , if this is going to happen then there must have been an agreement between Sony and Microsoft because if one did it and not the other it would be suicide plus the fact they do not have the broadband infrastructure to pull it off for everybody and they would loose a lot of customers
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast