Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Has a game ever made you cry?

This is a discussion on Has a game ever made you cry? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I just finished Toggle Spoiler Walking Dead Episode 5 and... I cried. Quite a bit actually, which is weird because ...

Angel of Death

Has a game ever made you cry?

I just finished

Toggle Spoiler

and... I cried. Quite a bit actually, which is weird because I never cry, let alone from a video game. They really know how to get to your emotions. Everything about it was sad... So my question to you is have you ever cried from a scene in a video game?

Rise and Shine.

I might of had shed some tears while playing Uncharted 3.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 4 - Silver

I almost came to a tear in Uncharted 2 at the end.

Toggle Spoiler

Visit My Art Page: http://artithan-artpage.blogspot.ca/ You Won't Regret It.

'But I dont want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    'Oh, you can't help that.' said the Cat: 'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad.'
    'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    'You must be,' said the Cat, 'Or you wouldn't have come here.'
    -Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

> Restart Button <

There have been a couple characters that have died in some way or another and I haven't ever crried. I just say "Damn. That sucks." and honestly feel like a lost somebody a little bit.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 8 - Gold

I cried at the part where Sniper Wolf is put out of her misery in Metal Gear Solid back in the day.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Devil May Cry, Bawled like a baby
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I think my eyes got a little watery at the end of Red Dead Redemption.

You Know You Love Me

I cried for T.K. Baha. :'(

But seriously, The Uncharted games got me close a few times, and the end of Red Dead: Redemption.

Angel of Death

Forgot about Red Dead. That put a lump in my throat. You will always be remembered John (not much of a spoiler since the game is kind of old by this point).

illegal in 9 countries

We've done this thread before and I'll say what I said then... not a chance.

Video games lack the emotionally evocative power of film. I can appreciate the stories and have empathy for the characters, but it's far too unrealistic for me to connect to any real-life experience, which is necessary for me to become emotionally invested.

I'm also acutely aware that video game characters are only bits and pixels and will die in countless ways before I even get to a climax in a storyline, so yet another death is emotionally redundant.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I just finished

Toggle Spoiler

and... I cried. Quite a bit actually, which is weird because I never cry, let alone from a video game. They really know how to get to your emotions. Everything about it was sad... So my question to you is have you ever cried from a scene in a video game?
    same game lol

Ice Cream Firefighter

Todays games don't really tug on my hearts strings but when I was 10 or 11 Lufia II Rise of the Sinistrals made me cry at the end when Maxim & Selan both died to save the world leaving behind a newborn baby, meanwhile the babysitter is saying not to cry to baby Jeros, that his mother & father would be home shortly. Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Forgot about Red Dead. That put a lump in my throat. You will always be remembered John (not much of a spoiler since the game is kind of old by this point).
    But it is still a spoiler mate lol there is still a tiny percentage of people that have never played the game. Weird I know but true nether the less.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 7 - Gold

Only game that came close was MGS4.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Up the Irons!

No, not even close. Only once did a game touch my emotions. It angered me when one of my character's friends died. I don't even remember the guy's name, but I just remember being like, "Oh, ."

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

If I had to think of something recently... would probably be Luna's ending in Virtue's Last Reward. Pulled on my heartstrings a bit, not enough to cry, but close enough.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 5 - Silver

Never, i try not to cry, even though in many games i have been close to, i just make sure told how my emotions in but i do think in the future a game will make me cry

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    We've done this thread before and I'll say what I said then... not a chance.

Video games lack the emotionally evocative power of film. I can appreciate the stories and have empathy for the characters, but it's far too unrealistic for me to connect to any real-life experience, which is necessary for me to become emotionally invested.

I'm also acutely aware that video game characters are only bits and pixels and will die in countless ways before I even get to a climax in a storyline, so yet another death is emotionally redundant.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Cry during a video game? More than I'd like to admit. I'll take a different route than most people here and say that a game gets to me more than any movie. Both Infamous 1 & 2 in particular did that for me, as did one of the endings in Dragon Age Origins...

Toggle Spoiler

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    ET and Harry and the Hendersons when I was a kid...sure.
    Man on Fire...lumpy throat.
    Into the Wild...a couple of tears and a tonne of blinking them back.
    Marley & Me...I couldn't watch the ending for fearing of blubbering like a schoolgirl.
    Any game ever...not even close.

GDT's story about going to Dreamworld with his kids evoked more emotion and they were simply words on a page. But they did so because I could relate and put myself in the same picture.

With games, I don't see myself as either the character or as interchangeable with the character, ergo, there's very little connection with the medium.

The only game to get me to care about the characters is the Mass Effect trilogy. I felt somewhat sad at the end of ME3, but I also felt relief and closure that the story was now complete. I really didn't care how it ended nor did I care to see the alternate endings.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 5 - Silver

Walkind Dead Ep5 I had like one SINGLE tear fall out dont know if thats crying... just to be a bit if it was movie itd be Pokemon 2000 seeing Pikachu cry when I first watched I was seriously just wiping away streams! lol

Toggle Spoiler

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast